Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any foreigners here in AH? Please criticize Ireland. Tell us what's wrong.

• 09-08-2012 3:42am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 169 ✭✭

Don't worry, you are anonymous on teh internet... we won't carbomb your face.

Tell us what's wrong with Ireland!

It will be a welcome change to hear some observations from "outside the box".

G'wan.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Aren't we self-deprecating enough without more people having a go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭some random drunk

I get the impression you're planning on fapping to this thread, with the biggest criticisms turning you on the most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I'd feel better if we were charging people a property tax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gufnork

Public transport. It's a joke. Railways are practically non-existent, bus drivers seem to be either jobsworths, rude or just plain sadistic. If you don't drive your buggered.

Also, knackers!

...and what's with the accents? Limerick I'm looking at you!

• Advertisement

...and you're supposed to walk your dogs, not just f*ck them out on the street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

And why do you what to be aware of more problems? The government sure as fuck aren't fixing the ones we're aware of now so why won't you let us live is blissful ignorance of the rest OP!

...and then there's this strange love affair with Europe. All they do is bleed you dry. You do realise you'll all be speaking German soon don't you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Angry Gufnork is angry..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

I actually think this could be a worthwhile thread! Nice one OP!

• Advertisement

I actually think this could be a worthwhile thread! Nice one OP!

I dunno, I can see people getting offended, I'm already waiting for a Limerick person to jump in and defend the accent!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭SlyBacon93

This whole idea of " the banter" or " the crack" wtf is it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

gufnork wrote: »
    ...and what's with the accents? Limerick I'm looking at you!

You leave those sexy scummy bastards out of this!:mad:
    Sar_Bear wrote: »
    I dunno, I can see people getting offended, I'm already waiting for a Limerick person to jump in and defend the accent!

Limerick people aren't welcomed here so I thought I'd do my bit.

And what's the deal with Airline food? Why do they sell those bags of peanuts that are impossible to open?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

SlyBacon93 wrote: »
    This whole idea of " the banter" or " the crack" wtf is it??

Banter is just chatting with a bit of ribbing. Crack (craic) is enjoying oneself - usually under the influence of alcohol with a group of people.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 169 ✭✭skoomi

HazDanz wrote: »
    Aren't we self-deprecating enough without more people having a go?

I just want to know if foreigners complaints match our ones. Don't cry.

Oh and, when were you planning on separating religion and state? Anytime soon?

Oh and, when were you planning on separating religion and state? Anytime soon?

I've a feeling you're holding back, go on, tell us how ya really feel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 169 ✭✭skoomi

GET OUT OF OUR COUNTRY YOU FORDINERS Only kidding, tell us more. More details. Essays are acceptable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

"We took their jobs!" says the foreigners.

Panthro wrote: »
    "We took their jobs!" says the foreigners.

...and their women. I took their women.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭daelight

They give too much to charity, even when they are feck broke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

skoomi wrote: »
    we won't carbomb your face.

Good girl. You got the stereotype in your stupid thread and all. Me thinks you should get off the interweb and drink guiness on your way to the end of the rainbow whilst playing the fiddle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭RaRaRasputin

Your driving license procedure just drives me mad, because it just causes lots of horrible unskilled drivers with bad habits on the roads. Maybe that story would work if you live on a farm and just want to drive a tractor, but in a city and busy traffic? Get a proper teacher and not your relatives ffs.

You also have an amazing amount of old drivers, don't know why. They are usually the ones driving in new cars but way too slow.....ahhh just drives me mad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

OK so now can we start on other EU countries...
    Only 26 more to bitch and moan about...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Interesting thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

This isn't necessarily wrong or anything, I just thought it was funny. When I came to Ireland for the first time I was on the bus from Dublin airport to Galway. About halfway there there was another bus driving towards us and instead of passing us, it stopped in the middle of the road and we stopped too. Both bus drivers rolled down their windows, lit up cigarettes and chatted for a couple of minutes before moving on again. I had only been in Ireland for a couple of hours at that stage and thought "This would never happen where I'm from". :p

suomi wrote: »
    This isn't necessarily wrong or anything, I just thought it was funny. When I came to Ireland for the first time I was on the bus from Dublin airport to Galway. About halfway there there was another bus driving towards us and instead of passing us, it stopped in the middle of the road and we stopped too. Both bus drivers rolled down their windows, lit up cigarettes and chatted for a couple of minutes before moving on again. I had only been in Ireland for a couple of hours at that stage and thought "This would never happen where I'm from". :p

Again, goddamn bus drivers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Yes, that ALWAYS happens on the fast lane of the Galway-Dublin motorway ... :rolleyes:
    2 bus drivers in the fast lane - chatting while (illegally) smoking cigarettes out the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

Solair wrote: »
    Yes, that ALWAYS happens on the fast lane of the Galway-Dublin motorway ... :rolleyes:
    2 bus drivers in the fast lane - chatting while (illegally) smoking cigarettes out the window.

Why would I make that up? It wasn't on the motor way, it was on some quiet country road, there was no other traffic. It wasn't one of those 2,5 hour buses, it took almost four hours. So you can roll your eyes at me all you like, I was on the bus so I know it happened. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Tomk1

Solair wrote: »

The idea is to get a different point of view of Ireland not to be ignorant of criticism/observation. You might find it really interesting to learn that buses actually stop in places other than Cities, places called towns and such along the Dublin-Galway 'Dual-carriageway'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

The health system is a joke, GPs just seem to exist to sign sick notes for layabouts and are unable to diagnose any actual illness.

Education standards are low. As a nation you're good at educating engineers, but little else. No universities in the top 100 globally says it all.

Older drivers. Enough said.

Unbelievably poor public transport.

Incredibly insular view of the world from many over 40s. Ireland is the centre of the world in the eyes of many of them, no need to know anything about anywhere else.

Northern Ireland. Just wrong in every way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Political corruption on a crazy level.

I remember moving here in 2000 and thinking what are people's taxes going on, because I can't see it??? Horrendous roads and a health system that is dire. No bulk billing to see the doctor, nothing....

Politicans are so over-paid, and all the perks they get.... there are so many scandals there but I think all the party's are at it so is kept quiet.

You get f*ck all for your taxes.... always thought that...

(Getting coat...) :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

...and then there's this strange love affair with Europe. All they do is bleed you dry. You do realise you'll all be speaking German soon don't you?

Ever been to Germany? If not, go there and when you're back tell us which country is run better. I for one welcome our German overlords

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

There are stupid threads and then there's this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement