Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why do people say "what do you think op?"

• 09-08-2012 4:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭

You see it so much on here. A person creates a thread. Usually about current events or what not and if the OP does not state their stance you always get a person saying "what do you think, op?" without adding anything more to the reply.

My question is why ask that? :confused:

For example, I dunno, lets say Dunnes Stores Off-Licenses stop selling Budweiser tomorrow and someone posts a thread about it (totally random stupid example) and you get the usual question asked .... Am I alone in thinking that the person who asks merly does so with the intention to hopefully disagree with them? ... in this example hoping the OP says Budweiser is crap so the person can get back saying "well i happen to like budweiser!!!! what do you know!"

I mean why ask. This is a forum to share our opinions.

thoughts? rants? Disagreements? :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

why do you think they ask it OP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

why do you think they ask it OP?

You know you could of came up with a wittier reply with that ;)

1 / 10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

A lot of the time it's because it's likely somebody with a semi ridiculous posts intent on ranting or disagreeing for the sake of it later or even certain forums require an opinion as part of the post rather than just a cut and paste soundbit from somewhere.

For example
    "Do you think people from Bray are all a load of knackers?" is a pretty loaded question and if the OP won't give a reasoned opinion of why they happen to think that way why should anyone bother to reply to what is most likely a stupid troll thread...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭mickgotsick

What do you think poster number 20 (OP+20)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Read the charter.

• Advertisement

Read the charter numbnuts.

numbnuts?

charter also says about being abusive to other member dickface ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

numbnuts?

charter also says about being abusive to other member dickface ;)

It was meant as a term of endearment. Seriously though, read the charter. The answer to your question lies there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭mickgotsick

Read the charter numbnuts.

Numbnuts? Read the charter numbnuts.
    Numbnuts? Read the charter numbnuts.

Numbnuts? Numbnuts? Read the charter numbnuts.
    Numbnuts? Numbnuts? Read the charter numbnuts.

You're an awful bast*rd mickgotsick but when you're right, you're right.

It was meant as a term of endearment. Seriously though, read the charter. The answer to your question lies there...

No I still stand by my dickface comment :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

99.9999999% of the time the "what do you think yourself?" question is posted when the OP consists of a link to a newspaper article with no commentary from the poster. On boards.ie 99.999998% of OPs of this nature will link to the Dialy Wail .couk website.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Read the charter.

What this guy said.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement