Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Wanted/Share] House Share in Dun Laoghaire/near DCFE

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Haha, no!

There are very few houses around DL that actually want students living there. My brother has viewed 3 now and they all ended up going to professionals (not students!) who took out a lease for a year or more..

• Registered Users Posts: 45 original username1

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Haha, no!

There are very few houses around DL that actually want students living there. My brother has viewed 3 now and they all ended up going to professionals (not students!) who took out a lease for a year or more..

Never know unless we ask.

True! No harm in asking. I just have a lot of experience with renting houses, been in college for 4 years. I seriously doubt they are gonna let a bunch of students in that house!

True! No harm in asking. I just have a lot of experience with renting houses, been in college for 4 years. I seriously doubt they are gonna let a bunch of students in that house!

Yeah I think I'm just being hopeful ha, oh well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Nippleh

The one in Cabinteely looks really nice! Envy the crap out of who ever ends up with the balcony room though :P
    The distance is nice too, I was afraid I'd have to look in the centre but I like the idea of keeping it somewhat coastal!

• Advertisement

Nippleh wrote: »
    The one in Cabinteely looks really nice! Envy the crap out of who ever ends up with the balcony room though :P
    The distance is nice too, I was afraid I'd have to look in the centre but I like the idea of keeping it somewhat coastal!

Yeah I think it's really nice too. I'd take it if we could/if the rest want to :P Lia_lia probably has a point that they're not going to want students to rent out a nice house like that though! We should see what they say anyway just in case! No idea what I'm meant to say if I'm gonna ring the number though.. I can imagine mentioning that we're students might put him off but there's no other way to ask if we can get it for the academic year.. Sure it's worth a try anyway :)

I guess just say there is a group of five students and very interested and lovely? :P And maybe he'll let us view it?
    I imagine we're going to have to ring up a lot of places first, so keep looking too. What price are we hoping for, around 1800 like that place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭MusicLoud

Having The Same Problem :( Tis Actually So Hard To Find A Place! Myself And Three Friends Are Looking For Something In Dublin 8 Or City Centre! Fckin Impossible! :(

I guess just say there is a group of five students and very interested and lovely? :P And maybe he'll let us view it?
    I imagine we're going to have to ring up a lot of places first, so keep looking too. What price are we hoping for, around 1800 like that place?

Yeah I'll just put on a mature sophisticated voice & hope it works haha, yeah I'd say you're right. Yep around that price, well that's just me anyway, not sure about the rest of us. I wouldn't really want to be paying much more than €350 each, but even a bit above that might be ok! I wouldn't mind living a bit further out from the college as long as there's buses available. So if the rest of you would be the same then maybe we can look a bit further out if there's nothing else closer to Dun Laoghaire around that price. Depends what you all think :)

MusicLoud wrote: »
    Having The Same Problem :( Tis Actually So Hard To Find A Place! Myself And Three Friends Are Looking For Something In Dublin 8 Or City Centre! Fckin Impossible! :(

Yeah I didn't think it'd be so hard to find suitable places! Have you tried ringing up/viewing any houses yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭MusicLoud

Yeah I didn't think it'd be so hard to find suitable places! Have you tried ringing up/viewing any houses yet?

Well Nothing Really Is Suitable For Us Yano? Two Of Us Start On The 10th So Time Is Ticking :( Never Done Anything Like This Before, Finding Somewhere To Live :P Damun Its Tricky! :)

We should get numbers definite because I'm seeing smaller ones that could work out maybe either, but most of this depends on numbers

We should get numbers definite because I'm seeing smaller ones that could work out maybe either, but most of this depends on numbers

Yeah, so everyone who replied to this thread - who is genuinely up for viewing some houses together? I am

We'd also need to sort out a day before I ring the guy about the house in Cabinteely. & I guess for the other house linked here and if we find any other suitable ones, we should do them all the same day if we can! Any day from the 21st on would be fine for me, how about the rest of you? :)

http://www.rent.ie/houses-to-let/Patrick-Street-Dun-Laoghaire-Co-Dublin/1228666/

That's a house too.
    But the 21st is a little late, no? Lots of houses disappear...

http://www.rent.ie/houses-to-let/Patrick-Street-Dun-Laoghaire-Co-Dublin/1228666/

That's a house too.
    But the 21st is a little late, no? Lots of houses disappear...

Yeah that looks nice too but tbh I'd only be able to afford it if we got 6 or 7 people to live in it meaning some people would have to share rooms :/ Well the 18th is the next free day that I have

http://www.rent.ie/houses-to-let/10-StPatricks-Crescent-Dun-Laoghaire-Co-Dublin/1200964/

No pictures but free wifi and included bills? Just throwing out stuff

In regards to affording stuff, like who ever gets the nice double bedroom could pay a little more if money is an issue?
    Hopefully we'll find something more manageable though :)

My brother is driving up (all the way from Kerry!) on Tuesday to view a house (that has one room to share). If anyone wants to organise any other viewings or anything for Tuesday he could go..

In regards to affording stuff, like who ever gets the nice double bedroom could pay a little more if money is an issue?
    Hopefully we'll find something more manageable though :)

Yeah that could be done, depends what is yours & everyone else's budget? board stiff, lia_lia & _linz_ what's yours?

My brother is driving up (all the way from Kerry!) on Tuesday to view a house (that has one room to share). If anyone wants to organise any other viewings or anything for Tuesday he could go..

Well I can't do Tuesday so depends on other people.. hopefully someone can go with him though! The soonest I can go to Dublin is Saturday 'cause I have work & other things on the rest of the week. Is Saturday ok for anybody else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 _linz_

Hey :) I had never heard of Cabinteely before and was looking for bus routes near it and stuff but couldnt find anything :/ I'd be willing to spend at most about 450 but thats just cus I know it will be very hard to find anything cheaper! :/ also if your going to view a place and ya want it you'd have to put down a deposit the day you see it (usually a months rent) to secure it

Does anyone want to try arrange viewings for the 18th August? If not, when? I don't know how these things work though so maybe the person who placed the ad has to decide the day? I could do it on the 18th or from the 21st on if that's any good

After the Leaving Cert results and the CAO offers come out, I'd say houses will fill up pretty fast

you could ask is that date available for a viewing and see are they free :) What ones are you planning on viewing?

_linz_ wrote: »
    you could ask is that date available for a viewing and see are they free :) What ones are you planning on viewing?

Well the one in Blackrock that you gave a link to, maybe the Cabinteely one & the Patrick St. one Nippleh gave a link to, but it depends how many of us are genuinely interested 'cause I don't want to view them only to find out we don't have enough people then :/ what ones do you want to see?

yeah that sounds good to me! the patrick street on looks really good and student orientated as long as the viewings arnt to early cus id have to get the bus up :P

yeah that sounds good to me! the patrick street on looks really good and student orientated as long as the viewings arnt to early cus id have to get the bus up :P

Yeah it looks good just hope we could get at least 6 people for it to bring the rent down a bit if we like it! Yeah I'd hope they're not too early either cause I live like 4 & a half hours away! Where are you from anyway? :)

i wonder would they take 6 though? i know it says it has 2 twin rooms but it also says suitable for up to 5 students :/ it has a class location though! Westmeath and yourself? :)

i wonder would they take 6 though? i know it says it has 2 twin rooms but it also says suitable for up to 5 students :/ it has a class location though! Westmeath and yourself? :)

Yeah I was wondering that myself, but we can see it anyway & find out! I'm from Donegal :) So will we e-mail the 3 of them tomorrow & hope they can be done on the same day? Still gonna have to wait for confirmation with my results on Wednesday but it can't hurt to get it started :)

jesus thats far :P sounds like a plan! i know where the other 2 are so just have to try figure out the cabinteely ... would need a deffinate answer dfrom the others on this disscussion for numbers though :P

• Advertisement

Yeah 'cause there wouldn't be much point in just the 2 of us getting a 4 or 5 bedroom house ha! So yeah who all wants to do this with us? board stiff, Nippleh, Lia_lia's brother, or anyone else reading this..? :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement