Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Wanted/Share] House Share in Dun Laoghaire/near DCFE

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 _linz_

Whats the st.pats cresent one? havent heard back from 'pixxxie' so i dont know if there is four or five of us... yeah that sounds good might be a bit better to meet before we all view a house together :P could meet in mcdonalds or a pub?

Hey! Are ye looking for another person? I'll be going to college in blackrock.. so dun laoghaire or anywhere around there is cool :)

Hey I think we might need another person :) think a few of us are planning on viewing a 5 bed house on st.patrick street dun laoghaire on saturday (its on daft.ie sorry cant put up the link im on my phone :P ) u interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 paddybobjazz

yep defo interested.. i can drive up to dublin. someone posted some good places on the iadt website as well. Are ye getting a few viewings sorted for saturday.. cause i have my eye on a few other cool places as well!

Not sure what else people are planning on viewing i'm up for viewing a good few if I can! oh really? do you have any links of more places you can put up here by any chance? :)

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1243805 is one place that i was looking at.. there was one linked earlier in this thread as well http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1245761 rockville drive.. i know the way it says 1 year lease but if we were ready sign on the day they wouldn't turn us down.. i had the same situation when i was studying in cork last year!

• Advertisement

The first one says no students :/ i think original username might have emailed the rockville one and they also said no students and minimum one year...its so hard to find anything round the area! thats why the patrick street one looked good i think, cus you could lease it for nine months :) you going into second year?

Well that just goes to show how useless i am at finding accommodation :P I was doin music in UCC for 1 year and didn't like it so i applied for the music course in Newpark in Dublin.. had the audition today and got the place so its a total scramble trying to get everything ready! Actually the one of Patrick st. looks so class..

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭board stiff

_linz_ wrote: »
    Whats the st.pats cresent one? havent heard back from 'pixxxie' so i dont know if there is four or five of us... yeah that sounds good might be a bit better to meet before we all view a house together :P could meet in mcdonalds or a pub?

This is the St.pats cresent property. bills inc in rent.

http://www.rent.ie/houses-to-let/10-StPatricks-Crescent-Dun-Laoghaire-Co-Dublin/1200964/

Yeah maybe we could all wear hats or something so we know who to look for :)

Personally my mind has been more focused on the Dun Laoghaire area, purely because I'm kind of familiar with it having visited the college but if it was worthwhile rent wise (as in being cheaper) then I might consider going further afield. But the Patrick St. one has a bit going for it I think.

Oh that sounds class! I'm the same ive emailed about 20 places asking would the do a 9-10 month rent and just got back 'no students' from them all! yeah I think original username 1 might have booked a viewing for it for 3 on saturday i just want to confirm that tomorrow! I think me, her, someshe she was chatting to on FB and board stiff on going...u up for it? :)

Yeah I agree, I think the Patrick street one is looking pretty good at the moment :)...hope something off this forum works out or else I'll probably end up living in a skip somewhere for the year :P

• Advertisement

Yeah I agree, I think the Patrick street one is looking pretty good at the moment :)...hope something off this forum works out or else I'll probably end up living in a skip somewhere for the year :P

It would be nice and a bit exciting if it works out. But if it doesn't don't settle for a skip, try for a dumpster at least it has more coverage on top :D

Or possibly sneak into a boat in the harbour at night? ha hopefully something good will come out of this :) wheres original username 1 after disappearing to? :/

Or possibly sneak into a boat in the harbour at night? ha hopefully something good will come out of this :) wheres original username 1 after disappearing to? :/

Not sure, might be a bit hectic with her after getting good results. As long as we all check in sometime tomorrow just to confirm everything we should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 original username1

Not sure, might be a bit hectic with her after getting good results.

Yeah that's basically it ha was at a house party the last 2 nights so that sorta distracted me from this sorry!

I do have the viewing of the Patrick St. house for 3 yeah :) meeting first would be a good idea, where? I'm getting a bus to Dublin & it'll be leaving me off at Busaras, I won't have a clue how to get to the house or even to the area it's in from there though! I typed in Patrick St. into the Dublin Bus route thing but nothing came up.. anyone know how I can get there?  

As for the Facebook thing I'll PM you all a link to mine! Might be a bit easier to find each other then :p

Are we just viewing one? Or have any of you asked about others? I e-mailed a good few more but most of them haven't replied, gonna guess they just don't want students!  

hey hope ya had fun haha :P if you make your way to o'connell bridge and get the number 7 bus it will leave you roght at the side of dun laoghaire shopping centre....the bus fare is 2.65 :P is the lad u were talking to on FB defo coming? if so that's 5 I think :) yeah thats what I was wondering too! is it just patrick street :P

Yeah that's basically it ha was at a house party the last 2 nights so that sorta distracted me from this sorry!

I do have the viewing of the Patrick St. house for 3 yeah :) meeting first would be a good idea, where? I'm getting a bus to Dublin & it'll be leaving me off at Busaras, I won't have a clue how to get to the house or even to the area it's in from there though! I typed in Patrick St. into the Dublin Bus route thing but nothing came up.. anyone know how I can get there?

As for the Facebook thing I'll PM you all a link to mine! Might be a bit easier to find each other then :p

Are we just viewing one? Or have any of you asked about others? I e-mailed a good few more but most of them haven't replied, gonna guess they just don't want students!

You could walk to Connolly Station and get the dart straight out to Dun Laoghaire (Mallin station), think a return is 4.90 so its a bit dearer than the bus though. If it's a nice day I could park up in the city and meet someone if they wanted. Hopefully it won't be raining. I typed up some directions to the St Pats st house, its only about a 7-8min walk from the centre of DL so weather permitting we shouldn't need public transport.

I've been looking at other houses but some are more expensive. I'll keep searching and see if anything comes up.

PaddyBobJazz are you defo coming tomorrow? if the viewing is at 3 what time did ye want to meet at? :)

PaddyBobJazz are you defo coming tomorrow? if the viewing is at 3 what time did ye want to meet at? :)

I've been at work all day sorry for the absence! Thanks for the info I'll get the bus or dart, whichever I find first! I texted paddy & asked him if he's definitely coming so I'll let ya know what he says! I texted the guy from Facebook too, he said he'll be in dun laoghaire around 1 or 2, my bus will have me there at half 1, I don't know how long it will take me to get to dun laoghaire though. What time will you both be there at? we should probably take each other's numbers so we can find each other :)

well the bus would take about a half an hour depending on traffic....ill pm you my number :) burger king is right across from the shopping centre if ye wanyed to meet there? :)

Sounds good to me. I'll be down in good time. If anyone wants any details from me I can PM them.

• Advertisement

well the bus would take about a half an hour depending on traffic....ill pm you my number :) burger king is right across from the shopping centre if ye wanyed to meet there? :)

yeah that's fine by me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 aoifebanks

Still availability here? :3

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭MusicLoud

aoifebanks wrote: »
    Still availability here? :3

I Know People That Need Roommates? :)

Soooooooo.. have we got the place?

Find out this evening I think?....the suspense is unbelievable :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5 aoifebanks

MusicLoud wrote: »
    I Know People That Need Roommates? :)

Yeah? Any help wold be much appreciated!

Find out this evening I think?....the suspense is unbelievable :P

Isn't it!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Bubbles93

Hi all! I'm 19, from Tipperary and will be studing applied psychology in SCD this September! Still looking for a place to live if ye haven't gotten somewhere yet?! :) I'm honest and reliable and easy to get on with :D I don't know anybody else heading to dun laoghaire so it would be great to have someplace with people with similar interests :D thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement