Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Staying Logged in (iPhone)

Options
  • 09-08-2012 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭

Is there a plan to add a "stay logged in" option to the Boards iPhone application ?

Thanks
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I use the touch version of the site on iPhone all the time and I'm constantly logged in. It doesn't log you out automatically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Paddy

What Dean09 said. Staying logged in should be the default behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Touch version only logs you out if you turn the phone off.

Sauve wrote: »
    Touch version only logs you out if you turn the phone off.

If I turn my phone off and on again I still stay logged in. It has never logged me out.

Dean09 wrote: »
    If I turn my phone off and on again I still stay logged in. It has never logged me out.

That's weird. Mine (iphone) logs me out of everything if it goes off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

Same for me, but I'm a lowly Androider :o

What version have you got? Mine never logs me out of anything if I switch it off. Maybe it's something with your phone settings?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

OP is talking about an application though, not the touch site.

OP is talking about an application though, not the touch site.
    Wasn't the app scrapped though and they're gone back to the drawing board with it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Wasn't the app scrapped though and they're gone back to the drawing board with it?

I know on android someone released their own app, which was pretty much just a html viewer.

Not sure if it could be something similar for iPhone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

There was an app?

I'm logged in all the time on my iPhone, even after a reboot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Paddy

Yeah the official app was never released. It will be back on the drawing board at some point but consider it shelved for the moment.

I assumed the OP meant app in the sense of web app.

What version have you got? Mine never logs me out of anything if I switch it off. Maybe it's something with your phone settings?

Iphone4

Maybe it is the settings, I'll play around with them tonight and see if I can figure it out.
    Presume you're on safari browser too?

Iphone4

Maybe it is the settings, I'll play around with them tonight and see if I can figure it out.

Yeah on safari with iPhone 4s.
    What I did though is when I logged on the first time and it's at the forums page I clicked the little square at the bottom of the screen with the arrow on it, an then selected "Add to home screen".
    That way I don't have to search for boards each time. I just click the boards symbol on my home screen an it brings me straight to the forums page an I'm logged in.
    I hope that makes sense!!

Iphone4

Yeah on safari with iPhone 4s.
    What I did though is when I logged on the first time and it's at the forums page I clicked the little square at the bottom of the screen with the arrow on it, an then selected "Add to home screen".
    That way I don't have to search for boards each time. I just click the boards symbol on my home screen an it brings me straight to the forums page an I'm logged in.
    I hope that makes sense!!

Just did that- magic!!

I'm way too easily excited by shiny things :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

Yeah the official app was never released. It will be back on the drawing board at some point but consider it shelved for the moment.

I assumed the OP meant app in the sense of web app.

I am using the touch app. There was a non touch interface available until a few weeks ago which I loved but it seems to be gone.

I am using a 4s and Safari.

Advertisement