Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ERA (Education Recruitment Agency)

• 09-08-2012 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Has anyone worked for ERA? I've seen their ads a few times now, but I never registered with them because the terms and conditions perplexed me...On their website it says:

"The following schedule of fees will apply in respect of each person employed by the client as a result of an introduction through ERA:

a. Placement of 1 -5 days - € 75

b. Placement of 6 - 40 days - € 100

c. Placement of 41 - 80 days - € 150

d. Placement of 81 days or over - € 200

A search fee of €30 will be charged for work carried out where an order is cancelled."

So if somebody hires me for a day, say 5 hours, I have to pay almost half of the money I make to ERA???

For those who are registered with them, how long would an average placement be? How far are teachers expected to travel?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭sarahb82

A friend of mine was registered with them a couple of years ago (has since decided not to do her PDE and gone back to industry) but she got plenty of subbing hours with them and pretty long placements too as far as I can recall. Her subjects were maths and chemistry so I guess it also depends on where the shortages are. The schools she was placed in were all close enough to where she lived too, south Dublin and not too far from where she lived. But again I guess this is all dependant on where the hours are available etc.

I will ask her about those amounts though, never heard her talk about that

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Cheaper (ie free) and more reliable to register with educationposts.ie

Advertisement