Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eMobile Problems with Syncing News Apps (Android)

Options
  • 09-08-2012 11:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭

Myself and my OH have been having problems with syncing some news apps since joining eMobile and it appears we are not alone. I have asked others in the Bargain Alerts forum and have learnt that others are also experiencing the same issue.

The problem is with syncing some (android) news apps while on mobile internet. (It works fine over WiFi). My OH first experienced this with the Daily Mail app. It appeared to be going through the motions and syncing fine but it would load old news stories. I experienced the exact same issue when I tried on my phone. The stories that loaded were always the same (from the 2nd of May). I received a replacement phone from eMobile recently and have the exact same problem. Same stories from the 2nd of May (despite not even having the phone in May). Even if the app is correctly synced via WiFi, a mobile internet sync will overwrite all the new stories and revert back to the 2nd of May.

Another user has said that he experiences the same thing with the Sky Sports app. I have downloaded this and tried it and true enough, the news section of the app only syncs to the 2nd of May.

I didn't think that this would be a network issue but it appears that it is. Myself and my OH had no problems until moving to eMobile and others are also experiencing it.

Would be interested to hear if others (everybody?) on the network experiences this.

Would also like to get it fixed of course!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Belle Morte

Just to add I have the same issue also.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,089 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

and me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭AstraOwner

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

AstraOwner wrote: »
    Myself and my OH have been having problems with syncing some news apps since joining eMobile and it appears we are not alone. I have asked others in the Bargain Alerts forum and have learnt that others are also experiencing the same issue.

The problem is with syncing some (android) news apps while on mobile internet. (It works fine over WiFi). My OH first experienced this with the Daily Mail app. It appeared to be going through the motions and syncing fine but it would load old news stories. I experienced the exact same issue when I tried on my phone. The stories that loaded were always the same (from the 2nd of May). I received a replacement phone from eMobile recently and have the exact same problem. Same stories from the 2nd of May (despite not even having the phone in May). Even if the app is correctly synced via WiFi, a mobile internet sync will overwrite all the new stories and revert back to the 2nd of May.

Another user has said that he experiences the same thing with the Sky Sports app. I have downloaded this and tried it and true enough, the news section of the app only syncs to the 2nd of May.

I didn't think that this would be a network issue but it appears that it is. Myself and my OH had no problems until moving to eMobile and others are also experiencing it.

Would be interested to hear if others (everybody?) on the network experiences this.

Hi AstraOwner
    am chasing for info on this... was not aware of issue. Hope to be back to you tomorrow Friday..
    Thanks
    Tony

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

AstraOwner wrote: »

Hi AstraOwner
    I have asked our IT team and searched online.
    It seems to be issue with application itself, there is some bug which doesn’t synchronize data over mobile network correctly.

It’s definitely problem with application and synchronization functionality there and not with network. Some channels aren’t synchronized on my phone (like news, fashion, sport, etc.) – old articles from May But some channels have August articles, like travel, money, etc.

Customers might tweak few settings in this application, hopefully it will help with synchronization:
    - Disable 3G network updates, leave only WiFi updates – because WiFi seems to synchronize better.

S Screenshot “DailyMail-setting_WiFi_only.png”
    - Include all channels into synchronization, so when synchronization is launched on wifi network, all channels will be synchronized – screenshot “DailyMail-all_channels_sync_settings.png”
    - Default channel synchronization has only 4 first channels on – screenshot “DailyMail-default_channels_sync_settings.png”

Hope this helps..

Tony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,089 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Hi AstraOwner
    I have asked our IT team and searched online.
    It seems to be issue with application itself, there is some bug which doesn’t synchronize data over mobile network correctly.

It’s definitely problem with application and synchronization functionality there and not with network. Some channels aren’t synchronized on my phone (like news, fashion, sport, etc.) – old articles from May But some channels have August articles, like travel, money, etc.

Customers might tweak few settings in this application, hopefully it will help with synchronization:
    - Disable 3G network updates, leave only WiFi updates – because WiFi seems to synchronize better.

S Screenshot “DailyMail-setting_WiFi_only.png”
    - Include all channels into synchronization, so when synchronization is launched on wifi network, all channels will be synchronized – screenshot “DailyMail-all_channels_sync_settings.png”
    - Default channel synchronization has only 4 first channels on – screenshot “DailyMail-default_channels_sync_settings.png”

Hope this helps..

Tony

hi tony

this isnt an issue with this app on other networks tho...

Advertisement