Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fast Track to SOA and Java Web Services course - 3 days - anyone interested

Options
  • 09-08-2012 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭

One of the main companies that run professional SW courses are advertising one called:

Fast Track to SOA and Java Web Services

(If you google the string above you get the company website and the details, I don't want to advertise for them here....)

They haven't scheduled it and most likely won't until they have enough interest so my question, could we collectively get enough people to request it between us? I would be aiming for late September.....

It's a 3 day course so I would expect it to cost around €1200. If their are any clangers in the syllabus maybe someone could comment and we could get it removed and might even shorten the duration to 2 days to cut the price? The section on handling binary data looks to me like it could go?

Tks,
    Owen.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭stephenlane80

OwenM wrote: »
    It's a 3 day course so I would expect it to cost around €1200.

Sounds a bit pricey for material that freely available, obviously instructor led training is better but not 1200 better!

JEE: http://docs.oracle.com/javaee/6/tutorial/doc/bnayk.html
    AXIS: http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/user-guide.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Surely anything that can be "learned" in three days can also be cracked out over a long weekend with the right book and a laptop?

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭OwenM

Giblet wrote: »
    Surely anything that can be "learned" in three days can also be cracked out over a long weekend with the right book and a laptop?

When work are paying for it & you have young kids to mind it is easier this way.

The luxury of being able to spend a weekend (let alone a long one) messing with code is long gone from my life....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Jesus, lads. OwenM is just trying to help.

Some people can learn on ther own, some prefer to be in a classroom with an instructor. Different people have different learning styles.

Advertisement