Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hardwareversand.de INFO???

Options
  • 09-08-2012 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi folks just looking for some info as due to when I rang them there entire system was in German and none of the staff spoke English allegedly.

How do they calculate their shipping?

Is there a extra 3 percent charge on all goods when paying by credit card?

Am I expected to pay the difference in VAT when they get to Ireland?

I mean if they are charging 3 percent on all credit cards and then I have to pay the extra VAT then what the hell's the difference in the price they're not cheaper at all?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You wont get hit for VAT at the border, its within the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭ShaneW1986

ED E wrote: »
    You wont get hit for VAT at the border, its within the EU.

Thanks man thought that but wasn't sure. Cheers for the fast response.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

I think it's a flat rate of €18.99 for shipping to Ireland. Someone else might be able to confirm if that's the same for a whole rig or a single item.

I'm not sure if you can pay by credit card. I paid by paypal linked to my credit card and they charge an extra 3% for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

its a flat rate of €18.99. you won't pay Irish tax/vat, the price you see is the price you pay.

select UPS instead of DHL if possible, it'll be faster and you won't deal with an post.

you can only pay by bank transfer or PayPal. if using PayPal, you'll incur an extra 3% service charge.

Advertisement