Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Installs from Eircom Sept-Dec

Options
  • 09-08-2012 12:17pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭

As the eircom plant will be in turmoil in Galway/Letterkenny/Cork/Limerick/Dublin over the September/October period will eircom be holding over new installs in affected exchange areas while they complete the VDSL program or do current installation guarantees apply even in those areas over the VDSL enablement period.

I have some clients looking at setting up offices in Mervue but there is no point if eircom will not guarantee installation and continuity of service over the Autumn.

I would be very understanding of transitional arrangements/suspensions of installation guarantees for a period as long as I KNEW what they are and can plan with/around them.

Will these transitional arrangements be standard in every exchange area during future VDSL upgrades..I am thinking of Shantalla coming up soon.

TIA!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭arctan

there are separate teams on NGA compared to your usually service delivery, so yes, usual agreements should still be in place

only hold up I would see is if the NGA team happened to be working on the cab one of your clients are being fed from, then there maybe a day or two delay, or if connected before a changeover, a slight dropout in service might happen when they re-cross connect the cab, but this would be minimal

Advertisement