Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easons ridiculous ordering system

Options
  • 09-08-2012 12:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭

So, I've recently had a bad experience from easons ordering system, absolutely outraged by it, specially compared to the excellent chapters system.

So, at the beginning of the year, literally January, I went into easons in swords, and ordered a book. They said it was a 5 quid deposit, but I decided to just pay the whole thing off, 22 euro in total. They said to me they had to order the books from the UK, so it could be up to 4 weeks wait. That was ok, so I waited.

4 weeks later, I hadn't heard, so I went into the store to see what the story was. They said 'oh sorry they haven't been ordered yet, we'll order them now, 4 weeks week maximum' I decided to be tolerant, waited. Another 4 weeks later, still nothing, I went in again. Amazingly, they told me, they still hadn't ordered it! They told me the same thing again. Since it was 20 euro, and I couldn't be bothered at the time, I said, ok.

So, just about April by now, I went back in for the last time, and I got.... the same thing. By this time, I'd had enough, so I just asked for my money back. Took them over half an hour to get a manager, and get my money back, christ.

Now compare this to chapters. 2 books I ordered were 4 euro dearer than easons, whole amount upfront, but I ordered them on wednesday, got a call on monday. So yeah, go chapters :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭MiseryMary

cloud493 wrote: »
    So, I've recently had a bad experience from easons ordering system, absolutely outraged by it, specially compared to the excellent chapters system.

So, at the beginning of the year, literally January, I went into easons in swords, and ordered a book. They said it was a 5 quid deposit, but I decided to just pay the whole thing off, 22 euro in total. They said to me they had to order the books from the UK, so it could be up to 4 weeks wait. That was ok, so I waited.

4 weeks later, I hadn't heard, so I went into the store to see what the story was. They said 'oh sorry they haven't been ordered yet, we'll order them now, 4 weeks week maximum' I decided to be tolerant, waited. Another 4 weeks later, still nothing, I went in again. Amazingly, they told me, they still hadn't ordered it! They told me the same thing again. Since it was 20 euro, and I couldn't be bothered at the time, I said, ok.

So, just about April by now, I went back in for the last time, and I got.... the same thing. By this time, I'd had enough, so I just asked for my money back. Took them over half an hour to get a manager, and get my money back, christ.

Now compare this to chapters. 2 books I ordered were 4 euro dearer than easons, whole amount upfront, but I ordered them on wednesday, got a call on monday. So yeah, go chapters :cool:

omg that is ridiculous service you got something similar happen to me as well when i ordered a book but in future I go on the internet and order it myself and some cases it turns out to be cheaper too for the book.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭judgefudge

Thebooksdepository.com is the way to go for ordering books in my opinion. No delivery charge and they come within a week or two generally. Plus good prices

That's if they have the book you want mind.
    Also, chapters is class.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Travel is good

Thanks for the tip about ordering from Chapters, might try that. I don't think you can order on line from Chapters, can you?

I have used The Book Depository a lot, great service. Whenever The Book Depository doesn't have the book (if it is out of print) I have used Abe Books to get a second hand copy, again with no problems. Amazon too, are good.

I cannot believe that you received such poor service from a bricks and mortar store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

The Book Depository for me too. I used Abe Books once for a rare edition and got what I wanted. Even Amazon tbh would be a better idea than ordering anything in store.
    If you don't have a credit card then get a 3V card. You'll save a fortune over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭judgefudge

Or a visa debit card! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I know, it was ridiculous. Most of their stuff is overpriced anyway./ Chapters is just brilliant :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Amazon for me, the BookDepository is great for free delivery but you could be waiting up to 2 weeks in my experience, which imo is ridiculous.

I order from Amazon and every single time I have the books within 3-4 working days, can't beat it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Dromineer

Is The Book Depository any better than Amazon? I generally shop on Amazon after a bad experience with Eason.

I ordered a book which they had on their website but was not available at their stores including their O'Connell store. I waited for almost 3 weeks before it arrived, and I wasn't too happy about this as the book was for a book-club.

Advertisement