If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV / Soundbar/ Blueray

Options
  • 09-08-2012 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hey guys,

Looking to get a new AV setup for a new extension, so hoping to get some pricing off you when you get a moment.

TV – 46’ should be fine, LED preferably. Not too pushed on 3D, but I guess passive if it as standard on screens on this budget. Sports would be the most watched thing on the set.

Soundbar – not an audiophile by any means, so something that throws out a reasonable sound, no need for external sub-woofer. Ideally something that can stream from iphone etc.

Blueray player – Happy to take recommondations on this.

Max budget 2K eur all in, based in Dublin.

Thanks,
    Jimmy.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

redbag wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Looking to get a new AV setup for a new extension, so hoping to get some pricing off you when you get a moment.

TV – 46’ should be fine, LED preferably. Not too pushed on 3D, but I guess passive if it as standard on screens on this budget. Sports would be the most watched thing on the set.

Soundbar – not an audiophile by any means, so something that throws out a reasonable sound, no need for external sub-woofer. Ideally something that can stream from iphone etc.

Blueray player – Happy to take recommondations on this.

Max budget 2K eur all in, based in Dublin.

Thanks,
    Jimmy.

Jimmy / redbag,

damn - apologies for the delay getting back to you on this - I've just spotted it :o

Ok 46" Screen and a soundbar for £/€2K - you will get a really nice combo for that! :D

If it was me I would put a decent amount of the budget into the soundbar as it really enhances the complete AV experience and unless you just cannot accomodate a sub I think its a pretty essential part of the system..

So with your handsome budget budget this is what I'd buy:

Yamaha YSP2200 Soundbar - this is the daddy of the bar world and gets the most amazing reviews everywhere and don't worry the Subwoofer is really slim and compact

showimage.php?image=308317.jpg&max_width=300&max_height=260

If you add this to the LG 47LM760 which is the big brother to the award winning (see the review HERE) 47LM670 except the 760 boasts 800Hz CDM (twice the processing power of the 670..)

medium02.jpg

Finally why mess about with DLNA or some other roundabout route to stream from your iPhone and Apple bits - just add an Apple TV in and you have the proper solution..

Addin a couple of decent quality HDMI interconnects and a slimline wall bracket and we are just £90 over budget - but let's call it £1950 and that would be a really cracking system...

Keep me posted if this system interests you or of course if we can assist in any way at all and of course again apologies for the delay getting back to you!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 20 redbag

Hi John,

You are on a budget busting mission there :-)

I was hoping to get the whole lot for under the EUR 2K mark delivered.

The sound bar set up is definitely one we could cut the spend on, I don't think I could justify spending anywhere near that on it, so if you could suggest a lesser spec model, that would be great.

Also I need to add in a blue ray player also if you could price one. TV looks good!

Cheers,
    Jimmy.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

redbag wrote: »
    Hi John,

You are on a budget busting mission there :-)

I was hoping to get the whole lot for under the EUR 2K mark delivered.

The sound bar set up is definitely one we could cut the spend on, I don't think I could justify spending anywhere near that on it, so if you could suggest a lesser spec model, that would be great.

Also I need to add in a blue ray player also if you could price one. TV looks good!

Cheers,
    Jimmy.

Ah Jimmy - there's a recession on here and if we are ever going to get out of it you rich guys are going to have to start spending ;):D

Ok Ok I hear ya on the soundbar - it's just that the Yamaha YSP2200 really is pretty exceptional - however if we are aiming for the €2k mark and I really wouldn't sacrifice the 47LM760T as its a stunner I would recommend (again a Yamaha) The Yamaha YAS101 - this is exactly what you asked for - it's just a slim bar without a separate sub - the sub is integral to the bar and it has digital and optical inputs.

showimage.php?image=309028.jpg&max_width=300&max_height=260

Add a decent Blu-Ray - the brand new BDP150 (3D, Networkable etc) from Pioneer and with cables & delivery we should be just over £1700 - so behaving myself for once I can do a Boardie deal at just €1969 including delivery... (which is a handsome discount..)

Thanks again and as ever drop me a line if I can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.