Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Musgo Real - New range of creams and a soap.

Options
  • 09-08-2012 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭

Much like Proraso diversifying into a range of scents, it looks like Musgo Real have launched this month a new range of scents in their range of shaving creams. The original Musgo Real was a cream I was seriously impressed by some years back, seriously good lather and all the benefits of lanolin. I always found it easy to lather and providing good cushion and glide; I just wasnt a fan of the scent and tended
    to stick with MWF for my lanolin fix.

It's great to see an old school producer like Claus Porto investing in expanding their offering. Shaving.ie has stock but the bad news is Chris is on hols until the end of August. Looks like I'll be waiting a while longer to try them out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭jpb1974

but the bad news is Chris is on hols until the end of August

Having recently converted to a safety razor, I ordered some blades from shaving.ie this morning. There was no mention on the site at that stage that the owner had gone fishing.

Fingers crossed they got sent out today because, to be perfectly honest, I'll be seriously píssed off if I have to wait until the 31st of August for them to be sent out... that's over 3 weeks away :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

The notice is right on the home page. Noticed it yesterday.

If it was just some blades give another vendor a try. I recently ordered from Connaught Shaving (http://connaughtshaving.com) because he will do samples for £2-3 of any AS on his site. Cool service to really explore the main offerings available.

Unless you're knocking on death's door you hopefully have thousands of shaves ahead before you die. The extra blades you get when Chris returns won't go to waste.

Btw, wearing a sample from the Musgo classic cologne right now. Not too strong and smells great, if not a bit old fashioned.

The notice wasn't there when I ordered yesterday morning. I just received a shipping notification, so will probably have them Monday.

Having recently lurked a bit on this forum, I've visited shaving.ie numerous times. I was going to order large but decided to make a small (€ wise) 50 blade order to start with.

I think it would have been wiser to have given people notification via the website of the planned leave at least a week in advance rather than telling people at (what appears to be) the last minute. Other than eBay sellers, I've never know an internet store to close down for 3 weeks.

I can appreciate that it's probably just a one man operation... but in this day and age, with so much competition out there, it might have been wiser to have someone holding fort for 3 weeks.

Anyway... item shipped, no longer at red alert :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

jpb1974 wrote: »
    I think it would have been wiser to have given people notification via the website of the planned leave at least a week in advance rather than telling people at (what appears to be) the last minute.

Bruno at vintagescent.com sends out vacation notices, which I think is good practice. Chris should look into that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Anyone else try the new orange Musgo?
    It works great, just as good as the original, but I'm finding the scent similar to car shampoo.

• Advertisement

I tried the lime.

Scent was ok.. neither good nor bad really.

Lather was ok too.. but having taken a real liking to GFT Rose recently it just wasn't in the same league when it came to glide & protection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Cant say I'm fond of rose scents, but the GFT Coconut is one I always have in rotation.

Funny thing is this... (and I need to give this a second try to be sure)

I tried the cocunut and the rose... and found the rose suited me better.

I've being using the rose the past 2 weeks and loving it. But I will have to give the cocunut a second shot with a fresh blade.

Advertisement