Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

help accessorising this dress

• 09-08-2012 1:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭

http://uk.monsoon.co.uk/view/product/uk_catalog/mon_1,mon_1.2/2530421310

Has anyone any suggestions on accessorising this dress. I have horrible arms so need something to wear over them There are loads of colours on it so not too sure what to go with. I would like to wear a facinator to dress it up a bit more as I am going to my brohters wedding. Would I get away with nude shoes?
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭PurpleVintage

The dress itself has a lot going for it, so try not to take away attention from it by putting on your most flashy jewelry. Jewelry wise, keep it simple, a necklace with a simple symbol, perhaps a small bracelet or a ring. Nothing too flashy, although if you want color, then I would go for a colorful ring as opposed to a colorful necklace, as that would make your neckline/torso even more busy and packed with color than it already is, and since it comes from 2 different sources, it would all get a little too much, and too try-hard. Confusing, to say the least. Although there ARE some colorful necklaces that you can still go for, and pull it off.

Arms wise, how about a shawl? Or a pretty cardigan with some embellishments. You can either keep it toned down, color wise or pick one of the many colors out of the foral design and wear something that color over your arms. Loose, preferably (not too much), since the dress is already tight. If you feel like it does you no favors figure wise, wear a little belt over it.

Nude shoes are fine depending on what you decide to go for. But be careful, since the base color of your dress is already white, you don't want to wash it away by pairing on nude shoes with colorless accessories. Doesn't usually work. You don't want anything to overpower the dress, but you also don't want to underpower the rest.

Anyway, entirely my opinion, so feel free to do as you please with it :) or not! Good luck, and hope all goes well, especially for your brother and the future-wifey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Maybe something along the lines of these...

053010659486?$V7PdpLarge$

white_bolero.jpg

162461frdl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

Thanks for the suggestions.

after trapsing around all the shops, I got a little pink crop cardigan with a slight bit of ruffle, going to wear a pair of pale gold sandals I bought a few years ago. there was really only winter shoes in the shops at the minute. I also got a purple bag in monsoon with a gold trim which pulls everything together without it being too matchy matchy.

Advertisement