Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardwareversand build quality

Options
  • 09-08-2012 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Finally received my repaired PC after 3 weeks of being ignored by Hardwareversand. The PC was returned after the case and motherboard were originally damaged in transit.

The DVD drive is incorrectly mounted in the case, too far back and too high. The case is a Lian-Li PC-08 and the first thing to be done when building with this case in install the DVD cage. Therefore whoever built it looked at how he/she had mounted the DVD drive + cage and "thought job well done". As a bonus I had the OS installed. The OS DVD was in the drive. The DVD drive has to be manually pulled down a bit so that the tray could be ejected. The muppet who built it and loaded the OS must have had to do the same. Probably why the disk was still in it.

There is a large gap between the drive and the case. When I take a peek through it I can see that the top hard drive cage is at an angle and is not screwed to the underside of the DVD cage as it is supposed to be. I have a 7850 GPU which requires the removal of the lower hard drive cage for space. The lower hard drive cage is replaced by a C bracket to support the cage above it. The angle of the cage indicates that the C bracket is not installed and that the hard drive cage is only being supported by the PSU wires. I have not opened the case yet as I received it last night and have had no time. I would not be surprised if the innards are shoehorned in and are being held in place by the pressure of the side panel on the surplus PSU cabling (of which there is lots).

How could some one build a PC that is so deficient internally and regard it as suitable for shipping to a customer, especially when it is a return. Internals aside, the DVD placement should have been caught before shipping.

I have attached some pics for your amusement. when I open her up this weekend I'll stick a photo of the internal build up here for giggles.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

jesus youve had some really bad luck havent you.

FWIW, I wont be recommending people to avail of their building services anymore. not that I ever did I suppose, but ill be actively recommending not to.

Take pics of the inside, and if its also a shoddy job, Id email them the pics and see where it gets you. it was clearly built by a monkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Klaatu

I'll open it up over the weekend and take some pics.

I'm going to forward a complaint with pics to HWVS but I assume it will be ignored.

TBH I'm not mad on the case and will most likely upgrade to a Bitfenix Prodigy, which is what I would have got if it was available at the time.

I'm going to have a stab at relocating the DVD drive array over the weekend. Unfortunately I'll probably have to gut the case to do it. It really depends on how poor the cable management (if such a thing exists for such a small case) is. The mobo is on one of the side panels and the PSU slides out the back so access might not be too bad.

It really should never have been shipped. I reckon it was a rush job to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

If you get the DVD cage and whatever sorted, I'll buy the case off you if its going for reasonable money.

Advertisement