Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Runners while travelling in Cork, Galway, and Dublin

Options
  • 09-08-2012 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello Everyone,

My name is Mark Hayward hailing from St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada (which is a mecca of Irish settlers in North America! I grew up as Irish as they come). I will be travelling in your wonderful country for the first time from August 17 - August 24. I'm a competitive runner locally back home (16:20 for 5k, 26:00 8k, 34:00 10k).

I'm planning on running the Route 2 Crook 5 miler on Sunday the 19th.

I've been in touch with John Desmond from http://corkrunning.blogspot.ie and he mentioned that this might be the best place to get in touch with runners while I'm in the country.

I'm not overly interested in seeing the touristy side of Ireland, I'd love to meet the people and get a sense of the culture from the towns. The best way to do that in my opinion would be to get in touch, have a few runs and pints with fellow runners!

Maybe I can even find a couch to sleep on!

Many thanks. Please don't hesitate to contact me via email (markfhayward@gmail.com)

Mark Hayward

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

Hello Everyone,

My name is Mark Hayward hailing from St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada (which is a mecca of Irish settlers in North America! I grew up as Irish as they come). I will be travelling in your wonderful country for the first time from August 17 - August 24. I'm a competitive runner locally back home (16:20 for 5k, 26:00 8k, 34:00 10k).

I'm planning on running the Route 2 Crook 5 miler on Sunday the 19th.

I've been in touch with John Desmond from http://corkrunning.blogspot.ie and he mentioned that this might be the best place to get in touch with runners while I'm in the country.

I'm not overly interested in seeing the touristy side of Ireland, I'd love to meet the people and get a sense of the culture from the towns. The best way to do that in my opinion would be to get in touch, have a few runs and pints with fellow runners!

Maybe I can even find a couch to sleep on!

Many thanks. Please don't hesitate to contact me via email (markfhayward@gmail.com)

Mark Hayward

You have heard of couch surfer right ?

Advertisement