Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Which network for the next gen iPhone?

• 09-08-2012 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

I plan on getting the next iPhone when its out, rumored to be late Sep/early Oct, have the money and all to buy it on pre pay, anyway which network would be best to go with?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

How would people know until its launched?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

OP, how many more threads are you going to start about the new iPhone, despite being told no one knows anything, until apple and the networks announce it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Test out the networks signals where you live work and play with a free pre pay sim. Then which ever one offers the best signal in conjunction with the best phone cost and plan is the one to go with I'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭iDann

I'm looking for the opinion of CURRENT iPhone users!! Not info on the iPhone 5 or what ever they call it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭iDann

whiterebel wrote: »
    OP, how many more threads are you going to start about the new iPhone, despite being told no one knows anything, until apple and the networks announce it?

I'm not asking for info on it? I can resource that kind of info myself. Is there a problem with me starting threads looking for peoples opinions? That's what boards is for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭kirving

That's what the Apple Media Devices board is about :pac:

Anyway, you did ask which network would be the best for the new model. It could change significantly depending on what offers the networks bring out, and what you define to be "best".

All I want is 1-2GB of Data, free calls to Metoer, and perfect coverage in Dublin City Centry and my home. Once I get that for cheap enough, I'm happy. These requirements may be totally unsuitable for you however.

Just as an aside, it's often better to go with Bill Pay if you intend on keeping the phone for a year or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

I imagine that one network will be pay for the sole righ to retail it when it releases, so you may not have much of a choice OP ;)

I imagine that one network will be pay for the sole righ to retail it when it releases, so you may not have much of a choice OP ;)

This wont happen any more. They'll all (apart from a few) have it at the same time I'd imagine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

cookie1977 wrote: »
    This wont happen any more. They'll all (apart from a few) have it at the same time I'd imagine
    Why do you say that? Vodafone missed out good-o when O2 had the iphone and they were doing the black berry.

Best advice is from Capt Morgan, buy it from apple and its unlocked and the same price

• Advertisement

Because they pretty much all launched with the 4s

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Because they pretty much all launched with the 4s
    I'd be surprised if they do this with the 5, there is too much money to be made by all involved

I'd put money it'll launch with the networks that launched the 4s. Apple really dont do the one off deals with networks anymore. They've too much money to make

Advertisement