Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grid 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

This is looking more and more like a day one purchase.

EDIT: Also, this is on the playstation store for digital preorder for 49.99 euro and includes 3 preorder dlc packs.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/games/grid-2/cid=EP4001-NPEJ00156_00-B000000000000453

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

I posted this in the gaming bargains thread as well but I thought I should post it here too as well.

Digital Download version of Grid 2 for the PC is available for £17.99 (~€21.30) on Simply Games

10 facts about Grid 2 on Gamesradar. The AI and Handling system sounds impressive and the theory of if you like to just bash your way around a course, you will most likely be paired up with other aggressive drivers leaving clean drivers matched with their own kind online.

http://www.gamesradar.com/grid2-news-release-date/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

with the changing track races I wonder will it be a surprise to the AI too? Or will they be able to race through the course knowing what corners are coming up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Would there be much interest in a racing league of sorts after release? (though collisions would have to be watched :D Scrapes happen, but we don't want every race to be a turn one destruction derby!)

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Very excited about Grid 2. Destruction Derby better feature! Grid was an amazing game - went back and played it after I saw the Announcement Trailer and it's still fun.

Destruction derby!, now theres a franchise that could do with a reboot next gen. Still got my original ps1 copy.

Yeah destruction derby is fun, but you know what would make it real fun ?, cockpit view!
    you want first person immersion in a game like this, so when a car rams into your right door at 80mph, its a surprise!, BAMB!. 3rd person view is too tactical.

A racing league would be class. Wonder if there are online clubs? Also good point about ai knowing on the fly corners. That random corner generator is meant only for human players but I read if you cant get 12 players in a race, the ai fills up the rest of the spaces. 12 players on a random corner course could be a great laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

looking forward to this.. looks good.. also seems codemasters have put a lot into the multiplayer..

In depth vid looking at the customisation.

• Advertisement

OK, hands down best collectors edition of all time! Only costs £125,000. I might have to trade in a few games against it.
    Ladies and gentlemen, let me introduce the GRID 2 Mono Edition, which includes, for one lucky gamer, the following:
    • A copy of GRID 2 for PlayStation 3 including bespoke artwork
    • An actual 170 mph BAC Mono supercar in exclusive GRID 2 livery
    • A day at the BAC factory, including a factory tour and time spent with technicians to customise the BAC Mono for size and specifications
    • A GRID 2: Mono Edition-branded Bell Racing helmet
    • Race suit, boots and gloves, all made to measure in BAC Mono and GRID 2 branding
    • A PlayStation 3
    • Did we say AN ACTUAL BAC Mono supercar? Yeah, one of them.
    8792592537_d9b8289b85.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

sheehy83 wrote: »
    OK, hands down best collectors edition of all time! Only costs £125,000. I might have to trade in a few games against it.

[/LIST]8792592537_d9b8289b85.jpg

How much will Gamestop give me for Grid 1 and Tiger Woods 09? That should cover it right?

Just preordered with Gamesnash, I didn't like the colour of the Bac Mono in the collectors edition :cool:

Mad to give this a go. 1 week to go!

Here is a look at how the online works

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I've preordered. Predownload is already on Steam. Circa 13.5GB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I've preordered. Predownload is already on Steam. Circa 13.5GB
    damn you.

I'm torn between getting it for pc or xbox still :/

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Cheapest I've seen on PC is circa 22 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

I see there are a number of pre-order packs but are any of them available from bricks and mortar outlets here?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭daredevil360

I see there are a number of pre-order packs but are any of them available from bricks and mortar outlets here?

I have Grid 2 pre ordered on Xbox 360 with Gamestop ,i want the one with the brands hatch DLC but when i asked in store the guy said he does'nt know !!! i explained about the 3 dirrerent pre order dlc packs but got a shrug of the shoulders !!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

I have Grid 2 pre ordered on Xbox 360 with Gamestop ,i want the one with the brands hatch DLC but when i asked in store the guy said he does'nt know !!! i explained about the 3 dirrerent pre order dlc packs but got a shrug of the shoulders !!:mad:

Ah sh##e I figured as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Just preordered with Gamesnash. Should have it playing by thursday night :)

It will keep me goin til Last of Us comes out anywat

• Advertisement

Got this lame response from Gamestop in an email

Hi,

We may not have been given the content as other countries may have gotten this or it may not have been available in Ireland. Different factors like that can influence what extra content we may be able to get for games before release.

I will say however that our prices at present may not be our final prices and can change before or on release of the game.

they better had at 55 euro with no DLC !

Jaysus man Gamesnash selling it for 47.99 and no bollix acting.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Jaysus man Gamesnash selling it for 47.99 and no bollix acting.

Yeah i saw that but they have no free dlc copies either !Gamestop should sell it at that price too considering packs range from 400 ms to 560 points each :( , i dont understand how the US and UK have free dlc on offer and we dont get it over here ?

Yeah, I think the main reason anyone buys at Gamestop is because they secure all the preorder DLC packs so it's crap when they can't deliver on one. The digital copy on PSN is 50 euro and includes all 3 DLC packs.

Some fairly underwhelming reviews rolling out now.

That's underwhelming given how universally acclaimed the first one was (and I personally loved it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

I've read that Grid 2 will be bundled with the next-gen Haswell K processors so maybe hold off on pre-ordering if you're planning on upgrading your CPU to one of those

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Some fairly underwhelming reviews rolling out now.

I wouldnt say underwhelming at all - 8/9's out of 10, 85%+, 4/5......as far as racing games go, thats great, especially when it has to compete with the Gran Turismos and Forzas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

That's underwhelming given how universally acclaimed the first one was (and I personally loved it)
    The touble is that a lot of Grid 1's features and the feel of it have been copied by other games since so it will be hard to impress us like they did with Grid 1.

Multiplayer should be fun though, a bunch of us have been playing Grid 1 via tunngle recently and it's good fun so we have high hopes for Grid 2 and proper multiplayer

Advertisement