Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grid 2

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

PC version has already been modded. Cockpit is available again. Hurrah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

HAHA thats mental! must look up vids for that. Kick in the absolute balls to Codie saying they couldn't put it in for this and that and then a regular (maybe not so regular) joe puts it in on the first day!

Would love if Codemasters added it as a patch to console versions but really can't see it happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

No cockpit view is the main reason why it is underwhelming. Any self respecting racing game should have it. Arcade racers can get away with it, but even then, imagine playing motorsport apocalypse from cockpit view! That would be sick!

So is the mod decent?

This is it apparently, still a work in progress but looks great apart from the bluriness

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭daredevil360

Grid 2 Dirt Edition... cause it corners like a rally car on loose gravel :-D

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

I purchased it on the PSN store and can confirm that for €49.99 it comes with the Indycar, GTR and Headstart packs.

Don't mind yer fancy pre-order DLC, Gamesnash is sending out a Tayto Bar with every pre-order of Grid 2 :pac:. They are shipping the games (and bars) today, Looking forward to playing this tomorrow!

EDIT: Game dispatched now with my bar :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Been demo-ing it today.

Plays fine. 1080p60fps full detail on a 570gtx overclocked paired with a d0 i7-920 overclocked.

The menus are a bit flaky, single digit fps during the loading screens then back up to treble digit.

Pretty easy to drive, easier than GRID imo.

I dont use in-car so don't miss it.

Not sure if it will hold my attention like the first one tho.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Played a couple hours there. Graphically its very impressive. Gameplaywise it's pretty much more of the same of GRID. Online play I've only touched but it seems to hold up nicely, no lag, mostly clean racing.

Gonna give it another few plays before I give a final verdict but my opinion so far is it's solid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Played a couple hours there. Graphically its very impressive. Gameplaywise it's pretty much more of the same of GRID. Online play I've only touched but it seems to hold up nicely, no lag, mostly clean racing.

Gonna give it another few plays before I give a final verdict but my opinion so far is it's solid.

sooner the better
    cause id like a boardsies view of the game :D

Played about 3 hours of single player and 3 hours of multiplayer so far.

Single player is very shallow and boring so far... I had complained before about storylines in racing games but this one takes the biscuit. They're trying to make it 'cool' but it'd be 'cool' if they just left it like the original GRID.

Multiplayer is great. They've really outdid themselves in many circumstances. The weekly challenges are entertaining and the rivalries work very well, assuming both racers are available to race. I found a lot of enjoyment playing through Tier 1 cars, upgrading them, buying them, and levelling up until I could buy Tier 2 cars. When you start you automatically get 1 car of each tier so you get a taste of the variety of cars. I never experienced any lag and only one lobby disconnect in the time I played.

Overall gameplaywise, drifting has changed for the worse imo. Car mechanics are a lot tighter and drifting has become a less freeflowing than the original. This in turn makes all cars in all tiers feel less 'floaty' when taking corners and probably feels a little less 'arcadey'.

Overall I'm still left a little disappointed as I loved the single player aspect of GRID, but the multiplayer aspect of GRID2 is a much needed improvement on every level.

@cherry

where did you see it for 22e? steam redeemable?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Is there a view from just in front of the windscreen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Is there a view from just in front of the windscreen?

I'm certain I've seen footage from an 'on the hood' perspective, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Fnz wrote: »
    I'm certain I've seen footage from an 'on the hood' perspective, yes.
    That's great then, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

Overall gameplaywise, drifting has changed for the worse imo. Car mechanics are a lot tighter and drifting has become a less freeflowing than the original. This in turn makes all cars in all tiers feel less 'floaty' when taking corners and probably feels a little less 'arcadey'.

Fully agree with this. There is definitely something odd imo about the drift mechanics. I could keep a continuous drift going on a lap of the docks track in Grid and yet when I tried drifting for the 1st time in Grid 2 all I got was vague understeer into snap oversteer and spins.

Edit: My PSN ID is ZELUZ if anyone wants to add me as a rival or complete challenges. Racenet is BrianZeluz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

enjoying it so far.. like the online global challenge's.. online racing is a bit meh.. everybody ploughs into the first corner for massive pile up..

my psn is BAZ171075.. Feel free to add me for rival or complete challenges..

Playing it on PC myself, haven't really had some 1st corner pileups, 1 or 2 from memory but overall I think the GRID2 PC community has been well behaved so far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

There's no female names in GRID2, WTF?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

Ericaa wrote: »
    There's no female names in GRID2, WTF?!

That's because women can't drive :p

any ideas on where to look for the cheapest prices for pc? preferably digital

This is brilliant so far, taking some time to get the handle on drifting but thats a good thing, don't want to master it straight away. Good sense of speed and the feeling of a bad crash if you miss a corner. The online tuning and buying cars sounds class, can't wait to give that a go but enjoying Single player so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

kaimera wrote: »
    any ideas on where to look for the cheapest prices for pc? preferably digital

Only £17.99 on Simply CD Keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

That's because women can't drive :p

I can.. :(
    :P

Some of the nicknames are female..y?

urgh, i disklike the overtake events :mad:

the online challenges are addictive tho. have to beat cherry!

on steam @ kaimeire for a bit of friendly challenge banter and some racing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

how do you make big points on the overtake?? Im getting no where near the score required.. loving the game so far.. although at the moment Im rubbish, I have'nt played a driving game since gran turismo on the ps2.. so Im well rusty..

Stop crashing? It's fairly straightforward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Any of ye ever bought from Simplycdkeys before ? . I could just about afford it at their prices

Advertisement