Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grid 2

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

jonski wrote: »
    Any of ye ever bought from Simplycdkeys before ? . I could just about afford it at their prices

I bought my copy of Grid 2 from there, works perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

Some of the nicknames are female..y?

Not good enough!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Right , ye talked me into it, that price on Simplycdkeys was to hard to say no to .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

This game is cracking good fun with a decent steering wheel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

My PSN is Irish_stevo if anyone wants to add me for this. I'm having a lot of fun with career mode, haven't got into online much yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,115 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Hah, was waiting until Thursday to get this for PSN, but at €20 odd i had to buy it on SimplyCDKeys. Downloading now!

2 hours played, and i love it. But i'm a bit of a loner on Steam, so feel free to add me! potentialmonkey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

So far I have mixed feelings about this.

The racing part itself is very good and fun for the most part. Drifting is improved and more challenging now instead of just being about who could keep their combo going the longest. The racing online (on PS3) has been pretty clean for the most part, with most people trying to race instead of just ramming each other.

All that said, it's an underwhelming follow up to the original. The 2 biggest problems are single player and the tracks. I have found single player boring and a chore more than anything else. I understand that they wanted to make it different but in this case an improvement rather than a complete overhaul would have been better.

As for the tracks, I could get over the lack of real tracks if the fictional ones were good. Maybe there was licensing issues, I don't know, but going from tracks like Spa, Le Mans, Nurburgring to the fictional street circuits is, well, as I said earlier, underwhelming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I'm playing it , I'm enjoying it but I can't help thinking ......I miss TOCA 2

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

Anyone got any tips to beat the promo stage where you have to overtake trucks for 100pts, im finding it hard to get a decent score, its hard to overtake them without hitting anything!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

NinjaK wrote: »
    Anyone got any tips to beat the promo stage where you have to overtake trucks for 100pts, im finding it hard to get a decent score, its hard to overtake them without hitting anything!

The trick is to take it slow, even if it means coming to an almost full stop to avoid hitting a truck. Yeah, the timer on the points is going down and may drop a few levels but it's easier to build back up then to lash into a corner and risk going back to 100. I tried it both ways a few times. When I try fast and hitting trucks just to get 100 points, I always fail. When I take it slow, I can get to 10000 point overtakes (max) and maybe drop to 700 or 800 if I need to slow down.

If you are on a good streak and hit a truck, use the rewind feature and avoid the truck next time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

NinjaK wrote: »

This guy is making a trophy/achievement guide and this video should help you. The main thing is to be aware that the pick-ups take their own line around the track regardless of your position so don't get squeezed into a wall by them. As Sheehy83 said be prepared to stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

jeez there's some ****ing hackers/cheaters on the pc leaderboards.

0:0:02xx times around tracks. Same guy on the SP leaderboards.

I don't like how if you use flashback you can still set a leaderboard time. forza penalised you for using it on the times.

I'm liking it more, getting into the overtakes, pretty good one with a mustang on season2 I liked. Haven't played much online, did win one touge event before he picked a gtr and whooped my on loan nsx-r :(

I've had 2 complete pc lockups while playing, hard reboot required. I think the same happened with DiRT Showdown when I played it. Bleh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

A small patch for the PC version yesterday fixed some crashes for me (Crash when spectating and low fps after alt-tabbing)

A small patch for the PC version yesterday fixed some crashes for me (Crash when spectating and low fps after alt-tabbing)
    Had a lockup today not even 20 mins ago. Hence I'm on boards and not playing :)

fps in the menus are ****e. Grand in game but the loading menus drop to single digit :|

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,115 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Had 1 lock up yesterday, but that was due to having it windowed and doing something else at the same time. No other issues though. Haven't even tried online yet, having too much fun with it. Only into Asia now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Hey, I've just got this game and noticed a problem. The steering on my joypad is not analogue. IE with the stick the wheels turn all or nothing. Everything else (like accel) is analogue. Anyone else have this issue? I have a Logitech cordless gamepad. Been fine with everything else. Can't see any settings to adjust ingame.

Edit: issue solved. There was a switch in the joypad. No idea what it changed but all good now.

Had 1 lock up yesterday, but that was due to having it windowed and doing something else at the same time. No other issues though. Haven't even tried online yet, having too much fun with it. Only into Asia now.
    get online for the weekly challenges. just over 1 day left.

@canis - no probs with a wifi 360 pad here :/

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rattleshakes

Really piissed with Codemasters at this stage.As Im sure a lot of you have heard they released a patch to fix a number of issues.Since downloading this patch from Xbox Live,I am stuck in season one(was midway through S2).

In all my time gaming I have never experienced such a monumental fcuk up.
    This happened early yesterday and still no fix in sight:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

kaimera wrote: »
    Had a lockup today not even 20 mins ago. Hence I'm on boards and not playing :)

fps in the menus are ****e. Grand in game but the loading menus drop to single digit :|

My fps in menus dropped if I alt-tabbed, they tend to a stutter a little when loading but I'm getting 200fps in the menus most of the time. There seems to be intermittent problems with my friends joining parties since the patch.

nvidia 580 on an i7 950 here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

i5 3570 with gtx560ti... smooth as a whistle.

Not overly enamoured with the game... same issue as the last one in terms of single player. Once you get in front the pc can't overtake you because it plays by the rules.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Eli Nich

i5 3570 with gtx560ti... smooth as a whistle.

Not overly enamoured with the game... same issue as the last one in terms of single player. Once you get in front the pc can't overtake you because it plays by the rules.

I think Core i5 whether its 1st gen or 3rd but of 4 cores with a decent Gpu would be more then enough for Grid2 ?

Advertisement