Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Missing 12 year old in London

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

Te granddad made some really weird comments about a £10 note he gave. Like he was more bothered about that than her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I've found the whole thing strange. The mom doing a runner is very odd. I'd have thought that if your daughter was missing, you'd want to stay at home?

Also, the fact that the 'Step-Grandad' used to go out with the girl's mom, and now goes out with her gran. Just a strange set-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

This story has Jeremy Kyle written all over it.

I know it's a terrible thing to say but I reckon she could be dead at this stage. I really hope I'm wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭barry711

I'd say that "granda" did it. Based on his age, and his previous convictions and that rather strange comment he made "We all have shady pasts...but I didn't hurt Tia"

Poor little girl.

Very strange no-one has seen her... and the bed stuff in the holdall is weird as well. :( Doesn't look good at all that she ismissing a week and no-one has seen her. An adult may get away with going into hiding, a child far less so.

yeah, my heart sank when I saw them taking the bedlinens from the house. Thats a bad sign if they are looking for bodily fluids or traces of different dna, I would assume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

Old legal term ringing true here. " Before you search the outlaws, search the In-laws".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

barry711 wrote: »
    I'd say that "granda" did it. Based on his age, and his previous convictions and that rather strange comment he made "We all have shady pasts...but I didn't hurt Tia"
    His age?
    What does that indicate to you?
    Hard to say what happened but weird things to base his guilt on. They all sound dodgy
    In some social circles it would be normal to have convictions and therefor think everybody lives like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

This is now a murder investigation.Police investigating the disappearance of schoolgirl Tia Sharp search the area around her grandmother's home in south London.Mrs Sharp's partner Stuart Hazell, 37, was believed to be the last person to see Tia and has since been questioned by police as a witness.Its now being reported that stuart hazell should not be approached and police are currently searching for him.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-19214964

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Body found at grandmother's house

BBC Breaking News ‏@BBCBreaking
    Body found in #London during search for missing girl #TiaSharp - police seeking her step-grandfather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

cgpg5 wrote: »
    BBC Breaking News ‏@BBCBreaking
    Body found in #London during search for missing girl #TiaSharp - police seeking her step-grandfather.

Oh my god :eek: Hopefully it's not her :( Not looking good though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Horrible. Can only imagine what that poor kid went through.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

One of the news reports I read had granny speaking about her in the past tense. I found that very strange.

Anyway my assumptions won't make a blind bit of difference.
    Rip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

oh god, I actually feel sick now; poor poor child. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

Ah god:(:(:( That's heartbreaking:( RIP Tia:(

If the body has been there since last friday how on earth wasn't it found yet? ALso why were dogs only used now. She may well have never left the house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

quelle surprise!

If the body has been there since last friday how on earth wasn't it found yet? ALso why were dogs only used now. She may well have never left the house

It certainly appears that she never left the house given no reliable witnesses and no cctv trace of her. i think the cops have known all along and were just giving those involved 'enough rope'.

what a horrible situation. that scumbag was alone with her for 48hrs by all accounts. God knows what the child went through.

Sky news- step grandfather gone missing. People warned not to approach him

• Advertisement

Probably didn't get a warrant until now to search the house :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Speechless at this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Very sad.

Such a beautiful little girl :( , It must be heartbreaking for her parents thinking they could trust that monster with their little girl.:( My heart goes out to the family.

About exactly ten years on from Soham. Freaky. Both the most tragic of endings terrible stuff...

The lack of CCTV should have been enough to make anyone suspicious - urban UK is under 24 hr surveillance no one can avoid a camera of some sort.

What about the grandma? Surely she knew if there was a body in the house, she has a lot to answer for :\ Such a tradegy.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

Just cant believe what im reading now, like most of the mosts here, I had a sinking feeling it was the 'step-grandad' from day 1, god love the poor girl, how on earth did they think they were going to get away with it, saying she had gone shopping....Im just hoping now that not everyone was invloved and the rest of the family believed she had gone missing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Not carrying the phone was just too convenient. Everyone knows how much teens love their phones.

Like fox_1973 above, once I heard the grandmother had a 'partner'..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭johndoe99

said on Sky News that they had Stuart Hazell down as a possible suspect, so they went to the house to do forensics and found the body. How come if they had him as a suspect were they not watching him so he would not flee.

• Advertisement

You can almost hear the resentment in his voice and how he speaks about her here...

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭hoochis

Im surprised they do not know the whereabouts of the step grandfather! Would have thought the police would have kept track of his movements!

Cant watch that; cant even look at that lowlife right now :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,325 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Jesus Christ shocking stuff - poor poor girl. How in gods name did he think he was gonna get away with that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

He'll get lynched\mobbed. He might be safer in custody.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

So are the mother and step-grandad both missing, with nothing known about either of their whereabouts? And they used to be a couple?

Right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

Amalgam wrote: »
    He'll get lynched\mobbed. He might be safer in custody.

Hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Wonder if the guy will top himself before the police can get to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭mel1

loseing faith in humanity almost compleatly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Wattle wrote: »
    Wonder if the guy will top himself before the police can get to him.

It's what usually happens. I reckon he will jump in front of a train.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭johndoe99

that video literally sent shivers through me.

I know they say innocent until proven guilty, but he states in that video she left the house and he never saw her again, yet she's found in the house and her body had been there 6 days.

I hope he's found alive, a suicide is to good for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

The way he justifies her not taking her phone out with her is very dodgy in that video. I can't believe he thought he could get away with it, and I don't know how he kept up the facade for a week. What a scumbag. I hope he doesn't top himself before he's brought to justice.

Still though they say they aren't aresting anyone yet but like they found a body in the grandmothers house, wether or not it's the girls it's still a body.

lee3155 wrote: »
    Still though they say they aren't aresting anyone yet but like they found a body in the grandmothers house, wether or not it's the girls it's still a body.

There is a search being carried out for the step grandfather though. He will obviously be arrested when found

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

You can almost hear the resentment in his voice and how he speaks about her here...

Jesus. It's like an educational video about how to be a bad liar. He won't make eye contact at all when telling his story about what they did when she stayed over, and then regains confidence when telling half truths to flesh out his story. You'd only hope that something happened for him to make a flash decision to do it and it was quick at least. That poor little girl. :(

• Advertisement

Wonder could it be a hostage attempt gone wrong. Tried something similar to Shannon Matthews or something.

Either way this is just dreadful stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭fkt

neemish wrote: »
    There's something just not right about the whole situation.

What's not right about the situation is that Usain Bolt being able to run fast is aparently more signifigant 'news'. It's absolutely disgusting how little attention this is being given

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

fkt wrote: »
    What's not right about the situation is that Usain Bolt being able to run fast is aparently more signifigant 'news'. It's absolutely disgusting how little attention this is being given

You're obviously not watching Sky News.

Its the only story they're covering.

Sky News have been on the case to be fair - they love this sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭cat87

So so sad! Why was the poor girl left with him alone for so long??

• Advertisement
Advertisement