Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Missing 12 year old in London

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭Heckler

If they had torn apart the family home in many cases the family would be less co-operative. As soon as an uncle is arrested they will see it as the second attack on the family.

So what if the family are less co-operative ? If they have nothing to hide whats the harm ? Eliminate the obvious first. Looks like the police ****ed up and found a body in the house a week after she went missing ffs. Does anyone there have a brain at all ?

And who cares how people "see it" ? Its a childs life and likely death on the cards. All rights should be revoked till its resolved.

"As soon as an uncle is arrested they will see it as the second attack on the family. " The hell does that even mean ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

That's exactly how I feel ... I mean, if the family is innocent, they will be cooperative no matter what. If they're not, then their cooperation is hardly relevant anyways, is it?

It's a relief that they got him and that he didn't kill himself first ... would have been too easy an escape for him.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

What an utter utter scumbag of a man. Absolute vermin.

Feel so sorry for the girl but her mother/grandmother brought it on themselves having relations with Stuart Hazell.

I mean, LOOK AT THE ****ING GUY.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ojola

My thoughts are with everybody witnessing this unfold particularly to the Tia's friends and "family" who are no doubt in pain at the moment. We seem very busy at the moment pointing fingers at the police forgetting why the whole thing happened in the first place.

1. teenage pregnancy X two generations.

2. Failure of Government and social services to deal with social issues relating to number one above.

Where is Tia biological Dad?

I believe the primary function of a father is protection. At times because of our (adult) selfish reasons we "move on" leaving our little angels at risk. Forgetting that there are evil men out there and that when we move on mom will probably get a replacement dad that could be a serial rapist, killer etc. Nobody will take care of or love of your child like you would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

I wonder did poor Tia find some crack cocaine lying around the place while her "grandad" (my arse) stretched out on a settee with a 12 pack of Scrumpy Jack. She'd seen him do it so many times she thought shed have a go. she's only a kid, cant see the danger. sure granny does it as well?
    Any way she overdoses :( or chokes to death. Any way, she meets a tragic end.
    Mr Wonderfull eventually surfaces from a marathon session of Geordie Shore, goes to look for her, panic ensues. His immediate reaction is , of course, to save his own miserable skin. He leaves her where she is, probably in her own bedroom, until Mrs wonderful comes home from what appears to be a marathon shift at the old care home. She's shocked of course and distressed but, unable to face the reality of the situation, agrees to conceal the body till the heat dies down. After all, the main thing is that her man cant go down for child murder. Hazell knows what happens child murderers in prison :eek:
    Just apossible scenario.

mrsbyrne wrote: »
    I wonder did poor Tia find some crack cocaine lying around the place while her "grandad" (my arse) stretched out on a settee with a 12 pack of Scrumpy Jack. She'd seen him do it so many times she thought shed have a go. she's only a kid, cant see the danger. sure granny does it as well?
    Any way she overdoses :( or chokes to death. Any way, she meets a tragic end.
    Mr Wonderfull eventually surfaces from a marathon session of Geordie Shore, goes to look for her, panic ensues. His immediate reaction is , of course, to save his own miserable skin. He leaves her where she is, probably in her own bedroom, until Mrs wonderful comes home from what appears to be a marathon shift at the old care home. She's shocked of course and distressed but, unable to face the reality of the situation, agrees to conceal the body till the heat dies down. After all, the main thing is that her man cant go down for child murder. Hazell knows what happens child murderers in prison :eek:
    Just apossible scenario.

Very possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

ojola wrote: »
    My thoughts are with everybody witnessing this unfold particularly to the Tia's friends and "family" who are no doubt in pain at the moment. We seem very busy at the moment pointing fingers at the police forgetting why the whole thing happened in the first place.

2. Failure of Government and social services to deal with social issues relating to number one above.

I believe the primary function of a father is protection. At times because of our (adult) selfish reasons we "move on" leaving our little angels at risk. Forgetting that there are evil men out there and that when we move on mom will probably get a replacement dad that could be a serial rapist, killer etc. Nobody will take care of or love of your child like you would.

That's a very sweeping statement.

I personally know of several cases where women have met (and, in some cases, married) new partners, who love and adore their stepchildren and would do anything in the world to protect them - despite not being their biological father.

If you don't believe this to be true (and very common), do you also believe that adoptive parents can't love and protect their children as much as biological parents?

And, very often, when parents choose to separate, it is actually for the sake of the children. Just to clarify, are you actually suggesting that a couple should remain in an unhappy relationship just so that the father can "protect" his children? And that it's selfish to do otherwise?

That's a very sweeping statement.

I personally know of several cases where women have met (and, in some cases, married) new partners, who love and adore their stepchildren and would do anything in the world to protect them - despite not being their biological father.

If you don't believe this to be true (and very common), do you also believe that adoptive parents can't love and protect their children as much as biological parents?

And, very often, when parents choose to separate, it is actually for the sake of the children. Just to clarify, are you actually suggesting that a couple should remain in an unhappy relationship just so that the father can "protect" his children? And that it's selfish to do otherwise?

I made a few statements... could you please be specific as to which one is sweeping.

Also I am not in any way saying that all new partners are bad that is over generalization.

I also agree that when parents choose to separate they claim to be doing it for their children however the key word is in your words "choose".

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Funnyonion79

Has anyone even seen Tia's mother on the news during this whole thing? I'm wondering if she's a junkie (she used to be in a relationship with Stuart Hazell, who had a previous conviction for dealing crack cocaine) and maybe she can't deal with what's happened and has gone off on a bender somewhere.

I think she has two other children - I really hope Social Services step in now and make sure these kids are looked after properly and get them taken out of such a dysfunctional family set up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

What fcuked up family! That poor child, may she rest in peace.

• Advertisement

tan11ie wrote: »
    What fcuked up family! That poor child, may she rest in peace.

Amen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Awful, may she RIP, it's not right that an innocent kid has her life taken away by that piece of filth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

ojola wrote: »
    ...We seem very busy at the moment pointing fingers at the police forgetting why the whole thing happened in the first place.

Wtf are you talking about?

That's not how the whole thing happened. That's how this little girl's birth happened, not her demise.

Reminds me of the phrase, if you want to make apple pie from scratch, you have to begin with the creation of the universe'. Seems to be what you're doing here, except only going back far enough to suit whatever ideological position on the nature of the modern family suits you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

later12 wrote: »
    Wtf are you talking about?

That's not how the whole thing happened. That's how this little girl's birth happened, not her demise.

Reminds me of the phrase, if you want to make apple pie from scratch, you have to begin with the creation of the universe'. Seems to be what you're doing here, except only going back far enough to suit whatever ideological position on the nature of the modern family suits you.
    I think the point could be that the teenage pregnancies of the previous two generations and the fact that her mother and grandmother chose as a partner the same drug-dealing, machete wielding (child murdering?) jailbird and brought him into their homes is indicative of poor parenting and poor life choices on the part of Tia's immediate family that did play a direct role in leading to her tragic demise.

Having said that, we still only have the sketchiest picture of their family life and it may not be nearly so...tabloid?...as it appears from the outside.

I think the point could be that the teenage pregnancies of the previous two generations and the fact that her mother and grandmother chose as a partner the same drug-dealing, machete wielding (child murdering?) jailbird and brought him into their homes is indicative of poor parenting and poor life choices
    Oh yes that could be the point.

It's not what s/he said, but it could be the point.

Teenage pregnancies were not 'why the whole thing happened in the first place'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,026 ✭✭✭✭anewme

This has now taken on a new twist. Two more people arrested. A 46 year old woman arrested on suspicion of murder (Gran is aged 46) and a 39 year old man(?) arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Velocity_Girl

It's been confirmed now that Tia's grandmother is one of the two people that were arrested. Absolutely shocking, poor child.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Wonder who the man is??

It's all a very strange, and a desperate situation

RIP Tia.

anewme wrote: »
    This has now taken on a new twist. Two more people arrested. A 46 year old woman arrested on suspicion of murder (Gran is aged 46) and a 39 year old man(?) arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender.
    So it looks like the whole lot of them were hamming it up for the cameras and the public the last week. This also casts a new light on the mother getting out of there - maybe they tried to rope her into the cover up too and she couldn't do it? :(

• Advertisement

PinkFly wrote: »
    Wonder who the man is??

It's all a very strange, and a desperate situation

RIP Tia.

Described as assisting an offender; if that offender is Hazell, then perhaps the second man arrested was assisting Hazell in evading police capture in South London, prior to his detention?

So it looks like the whole lot of them were hamming it up for the cameras and the public the last week. This also casts a new light on the mother getting out of there - maybe they tried to rope her into the cover up too and she couldn't do it? :(
    I don't know; why call the police while the body is in the house, if they were all in on it?

Somebody close to Tia - the grandmother, or the mother, or both - must genuinely not have known the little girl's remains were in the house when the alarm was raised. Maybe one or more of them found out about it later, but it would be pretty stupid to call the police whilst hiding a body in such a little house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

I'm allergic to that silly statement "I love her to bits".:)

So when Hazell said that, among other banalities, in his TV interview, I inevitably wondered how many bits and how big or small they would turn out to be.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I don't know; why call the police while the body is in the house, if they were all in on it?

Somebody close to Tia - the grandmother, or the mother, or both - must genuinely not have known the little girl's remains were in the house when the alarm was raised. Maybe one or more of them found out about it later, but it would be pretty stupid to call the police whilst hiding a body in such a little house.

If the 46 yo woman that was arrested turns out to be the grandmother, then it would seem unlikely that she was unaware of what happened given that the 46 yo woman has been arrested on suspicion of murder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

I bet stuart Hazel was covering up for the woman. Just specuating.

The mother was probably not involved. If all were involved there is no need to send out flyers for a missing kid, as nobody would notice for a few days. If the mother does notice that her child is missing, the other two would have to agree to the flyers.

People do strange things when cornered. They would still call the police knowing the body was in the house, not thinking ahead and notrealising that the whole place would come under siege from police/reporters/neighbours. It may have been the idea to remove the body from the house when the "heat" died down, but that scenario never materialised because of the media/police interest. As the week went on, their options crumbled making it harder to get the body out till the police closed in on them.

There is certainly poor parenting/choices involved down the generations. Tia was left in the charge of Mr. Hazel alone overnight. Mr. Hazell has over 30 convictions for crimes including theft, burglary, handling stolen goods, dealing crack cocaine and a machete attack. Both Tia's Mum and Grand mother had relationships with him. He is quite the catch. I wouldn't feel safe leaving my dog in this person's charge - never mind a precious child.

• Advertisement

Has it been confirmed yet that it was the granny arrested or is it still just speculation.

Yes it was confirmed Jake.
    Kess73 wrote: »
    If the 46 yo woman that was arrested turns out to be the grandmother, then it would seem unlikely that she was unaware of what happened given that the 46 yo woman has been arrested on suspicion of murder

Ok maybe not the Grandmother, but perhaps Hazell himself or the mother of the girl did not know of the girl's death when the alarm was raised.

It just doesn't make any sense that they were all in on it

If they were all complicit, why wouldn't they get rid of the body before raising the alarm?
    I bet stuart Hazel was covering up for the woman. Just specuating.
    That's possible; he was definitely lying to the Police & media, but could be merely a conspirator to the cover-up, not the death of the girl.

Interesting that he wasn't transported in handcuffs last night & the fact that the grandmother is being arrested with suspicion of murder on the morning after Hazell's detention.

The Guardian are reporting that the man arrested today is a neighbour of the family

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/aug/11/tia-sharps-grandmother-neighbour-arrested

Well I think the mother was not involved. She has not been arrested. There is no warrant.

The neighbour probably kept the body - I bet the lofts were adjoined and he was bullied or co-erced into it, or agreed at any rate - and then, when the heat was on, told em to take the body back.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Rocket19

I don't really have any 'theory' to add, but reading that a body was found really made my heart fall.

I have a 13 year old sister, and the thought of her life being stolen away just seems wholly unimaginable. They're just so unbelievably bratty, lively, and hilarious at that age. Trying so, so hard to grow up, and it's just so sad that Tia will never get to.
    Honestly, I don't think there can ever be "justice" in cases like this.

RIP.

Well I think the mother was not involved. She has not been arrested. There is no warrant.

The neighbour probably kept the body - I bet the lofts were adjoined and he was bullied or co-erced into it, or agreed at any rate - and then, when the heat was on, told em to take the body back.
    Interesting point. Would the police have had access there for the earlier searches, I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭shampoosuicide

i'm not going to pretend that i don't have a rubber-necking interest in finding out the details of this horrific crime, but the wild speculation by armchair detectives in here is getting a bit silly. i think we've covered just about every possibility at this stage. just wait until some more details come out and then discuss it.

The loft theory does make sense then.

It did say that the lofts were adjoined (they were separate but could be easily broken down) and in one the media reports it stated that Police were looking at the possibility that the perpertrator moved the body between the neighbours lofts to evade the police.

i'm not going to pretend that i don't have a rubber-necking interest in finding out the details of this horrific crime, but the wild speculation by armchair detectives in here is getting a bit silly. i think we've covered just about every possibility at this stage. just wait until some more details come out and then discuss it.

You the moderator?

Id say the neighbours are chomping at the bit to get at that grandmother.

Shes as cool as you like. Jaysus.

Jake1 wrote: »
    Id say the neighbours are chomping at the bit to get at that grandmother.

Shes as cool as you like. Jaysus.

It's amazing; whereas Hazell looked agitated and nervous and defensive, she appeared so relaxed and convincing.

Of course she has only been arrested, not charged or tried yet.

It's amazing; whereas Hazell looked agitated and nervous and defensive, she appeared so relaxed and convincing.

Of course she has only been arrested, not charged or tried yet.

I think if I was being arrested for the murder of my grandchild Id be hysterical, the police would have to drag me out screaming with the horror of being accused of such a thing, I wouldnt stop to pick up a bottle of Lucozade, keys , phone on the way out the door.

Mental story/situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

Anyone else think that the granda guy just makes a perfect patsy? Violence and crack in his past, comes across as uneducated and well "rough" to put it lightly.

Have to admit I don't know too much about the timelines in this case, or all the details about his statements, but was just reading here last night and so many people already have him judged as 100% guilty, and also have him judged as a paedophile even though as far as I know he has no history/convictions whatsoever relating to paedophilia. Could be wrong about that, but I have just heard about the violence and drug convictions.

I know there is a very high probability that he was involved in Tia's death, but have to say I would also not be hugely surprised if it turns out he was just covering for someone, or even if he was unaware exactly what happened but then got told the truth by someone who was involved that the police would find a body, and he went on the run because he knew he was going to get the blame, as he seems to have been the prime suspect since the start.

There's still a lot more to this story yet to come out so hard to fully guess what may have happened yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Anyone else think that the granda guy just makes a perfect patsy? Violence and crack in his past, comes across as uneducated and well "rough" to put it lightly.

Have to admit I don't know too much about the timelines in this case, or all the details about his statements, but was just reading here last night and so many people already have him judged as 100% guilty, and also have him judged as a paedophile even though as far as I know he has no history/convictions whatsoever relating to paedophilia. Could be wrong about that, but I have just heard about the violence and drug convictions.

I know there is a very high probability that he was involved in Tia's death, but have to say I would also not be hugely surprised if it turns out he was just covering for someone, or even if he was unaware exactly what happened but then got told the truth by someone who was involved that the police would find a body, and he went on the run because he knew he was going to get the blame, as he seems to have been the prime suspect since the start.

There's still a lot more to this story yet to come out so hard to fully guess what may have happened yet.

Innocent people don't go on the run. He was the last person to see her before she left the house as he admitted in his own words. Since she was found dead in the house he is guilty of murder or at least an accessory to murder. It's a weird case though I admit.

Innocent people don't go on the run.
    I think the suggestion from Little Acorn is that he was involved in the cover-up, rather than in the murder (or accidental drug overdose, or whatever). It's possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

I think the suggestion from Little Acorn is that he was involved in the cover-up, rather than in the murder (or accidental drug overdose, or whatever). It's possible.

Yep, I think that it could be possible. I'm just speculating though of course, I will have to wait to hear more facts about the case.

• Advertisement

Innocent people don't go on the run. He was the last person to see her before she left the house as he admitted in his own words. Since she was found dead in the house he is guilty of murder or at least an accessory to murder. It's a weird case though I admit.
    Or manslaughter... or accidental death... it isn't definitely murder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

Woman arrested on suspicion of murder is the grandmother according to Sky, the man arrested on suspicion of assisting is allegedly the next door neighbour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

I'm finding it a bit creepy that the neighbours surname is Meehan...same as Shannon Matthews "stepfather"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

anewme wrote: »

The 39 year old man is the grandmothers next door neighbour.

I think the police station is the best place for all 3 people arrested now,as Id say they public would have them in a heartbeat.;)

what happened to this girl havent seen the news in ages

what happened to this girl havent seen the news in ages

She was reported missing over a week ago.

Last place she was seen was at the grandmas house.

Last to see her alive was grandmas boyfriend.....he even led the hunt for her and carried a candle

Police found her body in the grandmas attic yesterday afternoon.

Grandma and her boyfriend arrested on suspecion of murder.

Grandmas neighbour now also arrested on assisting them in some way or form.

paddy147 wrote: »
    She was reported missing over a week ago.

Last place she was seen was at the grandmas house.

Last to see her alive was grandmas boyfriend.....he even led the hunt for her and carried a candle

Police found her body in the grandmas attic yesterday afternoon.

Grandma and her boyfriend arrested on suspecion of murder.

Grandmas neighbour now also arrested on assisting them in some way or form.

jesus christ why did they kill the girl :eek:

jesus christ why did they kill the girl :eek:

No one knows who killed the girl or what happened..YET.

Turn on BBC News or Sky News and you will see it all unfolding right now.;)

paddy147 wrote: »
    No one knows who killed the girl or what happened..YET.

Turn on BBC News or Sky News and you will see it all unfolding right now.;)

oh yeah lol will do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Chucken wrote: »
    I'm finding it a bit creepy that the neighbours surname is Meehan...same as Shannon Matthews "stepfather"
    Same surname as myself. Why do we always get the weirdos?!

Advertisement