Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Missing 12 year old in London

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

brummytom wrote: »
    Same surname as myself. Why do we always get the weirdos?!

I'd never find you wierd ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Ah good old Sky News - turning a kid's death into a tense thriller. With added ad revenue! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

PinkFly wrote: »
    Wonder who the man is??

It's all a very strange, and a desperate situation

RIP Tia.

Apparently it's the gran's next door neighbour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Scotland yard are now citing "human error" as the reason behind the delay in the discovery of the girl's body, according to media outlets.

Seems like the girl's remains may have been in the house all along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

This is definitely looking like some kind of terrible misadventure (I'm loathe to use the word accident here). Im thinking definitely accidental overdose, or fell and banged her head while left alone, something like that.
    Had Hazell gone next door for a nights drinking with Mr. Meehan? Came back in the morning discovered the body? Both are now involved? Both are terrified of being sent down for child murder. panic ensues. Ring granny at work. She comes home. More Panic. She doesnt want to lose her man? These are not the type of folks who would ever make the right decision, remember. Their lives are are catalogue of deceit and lies. They just dont do the right thing. or even the sane thing. Their priorities are totally skewed. Its all about my rights, my entitlement. Any guilt or grief over the demise of the child would be over-ridden by an overwhelming sense of self-preservation. So the next question is, How can we get away with this?

• Advertisement

mrsbyrne wrote: »
    I wonder did poor Tia find some crack cocaine lying around the place while her "grandad" (my arse) stretched out on a settee with a 12 pack of Scrumpy Jack. She'd seen him do it so many times she thought shed have a go. she's only a kid, cant see the danger. sure granny does it as well?
    Any way she overdoses :( or chokes to death. Any way, she meets a tragic end.
    Mr Wonderfull eventually surfaces from a marathon session of Geordie Shore, goes to look for her, panic ensues. His immediate reaction is , of course, to save his own miserable skin. He leaves her where she is, probably in her own bedroom, until Mrs wonderful comes home from what appears to be a marathon shift at the old care home. She's shocked of course and distressed but, unable to face the reality of the situation, agrees to conceal the body till the heat dies down. After all, the main thing is that her man cant go down for child murder. Hazell knows what happens child murderers in prison :eek:
    Just apossible scenario.
    This is definitely looking like some kind of terrible misadventure (I'm loathe to use the word accident here). Im thinking definitely accidental overdose, or fell and banged her head while left alone, something like that.
    Had Hazell gone next door for a nights drinking with Mr. Meehan? Came back in the morning discovered the body? Both are now involved? Both are terrified of being sent down for child murder. panic ensues. Ring granny at work. She comes home. More Panic. She doesnt want to lose her man? These are not the type of folks who would ever make the right decision, remember. Their lives are are catalogue of deceit and lies. They just dont do the right thing. or even the sane thing. Their priorities are totally skewed. Its all about my rights, my entitlement. Any guilt or grief over the demise of the child would be over-ridden by an overwhelming sense of self-preservation. So the next question is, How can we get away with this?

The amount of stereotyping, caricature, and plot-lining going into your contributions is really something else.

Scrumpy Jack? Geordie Shore? Come on. Speculating on how human beings could commit such an act is one thing; caricaturing the murder to the level of a second rate TV whodunnit is something much more distasteful.

You know these people personally I take it, Mrs Byrne? How awful that their lives are built on deceit as you say.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Im actually surprised by Mrs Byrnes posts here.

Usually she is a very responsible poster.:)

Dont know why she has posted those 2 posts above??:confused:

I do apologise :rolleyes: I didnt realise After Hours was only for factual posts. Where does it say in the forum charter that speculation is not allowed?I think you will find that the people under arrest at the moment have spent a considerable amount of the last week engaged in the most despicable deceit possible. Its not a giant leap to imagine that lying comes considerably easy to them. The maternal grandmother of the poor dead child gave implicit instructions during the week that her room was not to be searched. Whether you bloody well like it or not this family is dysfunctional, chaotic and not a safe environment for children. And Britain and Ireland are now full of these families, stepdads coming and going, moving house on an almost monthly basis, kids shuttled from house to house while parents do whatever they like. "Im entitled to my happiness". hazell had previously been in a relationship with the mother of the child. Will i go to bed with my daughters boyfriend? I dont think so! he has 30 previous convictions. Was he a suitable overnight babysitter for a 12 year old. Well, maybe your 12 year old , but not mine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

I do apologise :rolleyes: I didnt realise After Hours was only for factual posts. Where does it say in the forum charter that speculation is not allowed?I think you will find that the people under arrest at the moment have spent a considerable amount of the last week engaged in the most despicable deceit possible. Its not a giant leap to imagine that lying comes considerably easy to them. The maternal grandmother of the poor dead child gave implicit instructions during the week that her room was not to be searched. Whether you bloody well like it or not this family is dysfunctional, chaotic and not a safe environment for children. And Britain and Ireland are now full of these families, stepdads coming and going, moving house on an almost monthly basis, kids shuttled from house to house while parents do whatever they like. "Im entitled to my happiness". hazell had previously been in a relationship with the mother of the child. Will i go to bed with my daughters boyfriend? I dont think so! he has 30 previous convictions. Was he a suitable overnight babysitter for a 12 year old. Well, maybe your 12 year old , but not mine.

You know more than the police by the sounds of it.

• Advertisement

Nothing wrong with speculating - til it gets to "I reckon the McCanns drugged the kids so they wouldn't wake while they were on the piss - and they gave Maddy an overdose and put her body in the boot" type levels and specifics.

In this case, nobody even implied they'd like that lowlife minding their kids btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,134 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Same surname as myself. Why do we always get the weirdos?!

I hope your floor-boards are well nailed down.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I hope your floor-boards are well nailed down.:eek:
    They're starting to bulge a bit now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,134 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

They're starting to bulge a bit now...

Feckin cold-callers.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Onixx wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with speculating - til it gets to "I reckon the McCanns drugged the kids so they wouldn't wake while they were on the piss - and they gave Maddy an overdose and put her body in the boot" type levels and specifics.

In this case, nobody even implied they'd like that lowlife minding their kids btw.

Hang on now. This is a far different case tothe McCanns, who were probably - amost certainly - not guilty of anything.

In this case two people in the house have been arrested, on murder charges, and a body is in the house. MrsByrne is actually saying that the killing was an accident - the kid overdosed. Nor is she just tarring the couple randomly because of their class, the chief suspect is a known drug dealer.

I don't think anybody minds allegations of deceit in terms of what's just happened.

The rambling carciature about Hazell being laid out on the couch watching Geordie Shore, drinking Scrumpy Jack, waiting for the granny to finish her "marathon shift at the old care home", all of them after having lived "lives of deceit" preoccupied with their "entitlements" according to Mrs Byrne... I think that was the issue.

And Britain and Ireland are now full of these families, stepdads coming and going, moving house on an almost monthly basis, kids shuttled from house to house while parents do whatever they like. "Im entitled to my happiness". hazell had previously been in a relationship with the mother of the child. Will i go to bed with my daughters boyfriend? I dont think so! he has 30 previous convictions. Was he a suitable overnight babysitter for a 12 year old. Well, maybe your 12 year old , but not mine.

is that you Una Bean Mhic Mhathuna?

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

later12 wrote: »
    Scotland yard are now citing "human error" as the reason behind the delay in the discovery of the girl's body, according to media outlets.

Seems like the girl's remains may have been in the house all along.

I disagree. I reckon the neighbour has been arrested cos he hid the body in his house while they searched the gran's.

Despicable crime.

I disagree. I reckon the neighbour has been arrested cos he hid the body in his house while they searched the gran's.

Despicable crime.

beyond neighbourly. Could you image next door knocking in, em, can I borrow your loft???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Barbieliveshere

Police admit human error in the finding of tias body and have apologised to her mother. Obviously the mother is still hanging around. First i've heard of her though.The house was searched 4 times and apparently they searched the loft where her body was found but it wasn't there at the time so i think the neighbours loft is the obvious choice for where they were hiding her body.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

It was pretty obvious all along it had something to do with the step grandfather anyway, he spoke about her the in past tense alot, I reckon what a previous poster said was right though, the neighbour hid the body in his loft for them.. unbelievable, I think for crimes like this they should bring back hanging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

What sort of neighbour would agree to hide a dead childs body in his house :( Such a fcuked up world we live in tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Police admit human error in the finding of tias body and have apologised to her mother. Obviously the mother is still hanging around. First i've heard of her though.The house was searched 4 times and apparently they searched the loft where her body was found but it wasn't there at the time so i think the neighbours loft is the obvious choice for where they were hiding her body.

Nah, the police have apologised fo r not finding the body earlier, even though they searched the area where the body was found. They wouldn't have apologised if they thought the body had been moved around, sounds like it was there they just didnt find it for some reason.

They didn't say it wasn't there at the time, they just say they didn'y find it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

lee3155 wrote: »
    What sort of neighbour would agree to hide a dead childs body in his house :( Such a fcuked up world we live in tbh.

Seriously fcuked up neighbourhood! I can't imagine someone agreeing to hiding the body unless they were involved in the murder too. My skin is just crawling just thinking of how she might have spent her last hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Maybe the neighbours didn't know. There is only a partial partition running between the attics of those houses apparently. He could have brought the body through the attic when the neighbours were out or something, they could be totally oblivious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

oh yeah lol will do

Lol???

Jesus Christ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Maybe the neighbours didn't know. There is only a partial partition running between the attics of those houses apparently. He could have brought the body through the attic when the neighbours were out or something, they could be totally oblivious.

Yeah I was thinking that to...hopefully they find out exactly what happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Or maybe the body wasn't moved at all, it doesn't sound like it was. No point inplicating the neighbours in a major crime without any reason for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Seems far more likely than the neighbour just going along with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Grandmother now has been arrested. Only heard about this story last night, but its starting to have similarities of the Soham murders with people looking concerned now being arrested.

Its very desturbing though how a body could have been in that house for 5 days and not be discovered.

Sky News as said they are after haulting the post mortem of the body until tomorrow, wonder why? :S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Sky News as said they are after haulting the post mortem of the body until tomorrow, wonder why? :S

Cos it's late and they want to ensure nothing is missed?

Would be a shame if errors got made due to fatigue

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »

I didnt mean it like that lol, They were supposed to do it today, not tonight, today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »

I didnt mean it like that lol, They were supposed to do it today, not tonight, today.

So they haven't finished and want to sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Barbieliveshere

al28283 wrote: »

Nah, the police have apologised fo r not finding the body earlier, even though they searched the area where the body was found. They wouldn't have apologised if they thought the body had been moved around, sounds like it was there they just didnt find it for some reason.

They didn't say it wasn't there at the time, they just say they didn'y find it

My bad I misread the article!in the second search they searched the place where the body was then found 5 days later in the 4th search! Although I don't understand how they can search a place with no findings and 5 days later there's a body where they already looked? That to me makes me think maybe it was moved! I don't know it's all so horrible, how someone could do that to such a young girl is so very sad! :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Fluffycloud

Totally agree. Cruel beyond belief. Poor poor child.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

The grandmother's partner has been charged with Tia's murder.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-19221851

That poor girl :(

I dont know what to say..or think :(

Poor little girl, RIP

Reiketsu wrote: »
    The grandmother's partner has been charged with Tia's murder.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-19221851

That poor girl :(

And he will go to court on Monday at an undisclosed location.

I'm not a cruel person but I'm shaking here..that THING will get protection??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Such a sad story :(

• Advertisement

Chucken wrote: »
    And he will go to court on Monday at an undisclosed location.

I'm not a cruel person but I'm shaking here..that THING will get protection??

Innocent til proven guilty eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

I've been watching this on and off all week on Sky News. It really is a strange one. Stuart Hazell after going on the run was found in a corner shop 10 miles away (can't remember the exact details but something like) after buying a bottle of vodka and then returning 10 minutes later to buy a lighter.

Not really the actions of a man on the run. This incident just gets stranger and stranger.

Hazell charged and the granny and the next door neighbour bailed. I presume the granny will have been taken to a safe place, its hardly safe for her to return to New Addington.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

johnnykilo wrote: »
    I've been watching this on and off all week on Sky News. It really is a strange one. Stuart Hazell after going on the run was found in a corner shop 10 miles away (can't remember the exact details but something like) after buying a bottle of vodka and then returning 10 minutes later to buy a lighter.

Not really the actions of a man on the run. This incident just gets stranger and stranger.

Have you not seen him being interviewed, not of significant intelligence and under influence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Innocent til proven guilty eh?

Exactly. The law is there to protect everyone no matter what crime they may or may not have committed. I detest child killers more than anyone but justice must be handed out in the courts and not in the streets. If Stuart Hazell is found guilty of murdering Tia then he will be in for one hell of a rough time for many years in prison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,329 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Marcusm wrote: »
    Have you not seen him being interviewed, not of significant intelligence and under influence.

He looked and sounded like a complete waste of space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

My bad I misread the article!in the second search they searched the place where the body was then found 5 days later in the 4th search! Although I don't understand how they can search a place with no findings and 5 days later there's a body where they already looked? That to me makes me think maybe it was moved! I don't know it's all so horrible, how someone could do that to such a young girl is so very sad! :-(

The Attic might be in some state. There could be rubbish/discarded toys/clothes etc.. that has been piling up there for years, Decades. I'm sure the Police did a big search, just possible that they may have been confused about where they did and didn't search. One pile discarded, becomes a new pile, then the new pile looks unsearched, leaving some areas missed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭johndoe99

just looking at Sky News, Hazell has been charged with the Murder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Exactly. The law is there to protect everyone no matter what crime they may or may not have committed. I detest child killers more than anyone but justice must be handed out in the courts and not in the streets. If Stuart Hazell is found guilty of murdering Tia then he will be in for one hell of a rough time for many years in prison.

Years :confused:( question mark not working)

He won't last days in an Irish or any other jail with a child murder conviction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Allyall wrote: »
    The Attic might be in some state. There could be rubbish/discarded toys/clothes etc.. that has been piling up there for years, Decades. I'm sure the Police did a big search, just possible that they may have been confused about where they did and didn't search. One pile discarded, becomes a new pile, then the new pile looks unsearched, leaving some areas missed.

Excuse me:confused:

They are the professionals. Thsi sounds like rank amateurs. Confused between piles of junk:confused:

What about cadaver dogs (question mark, )

• Advertisement
Advertisement