Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Missing 12 year old in London

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Graces7 wrote: »
    Excuse me:confused:

They are the professionals. Thsi sounds like rank amateurs. Confused between piles of junk:confused:

What about cadaver dogs (question mark, )

I don't think the dogs went up for the first search, i could be wrong.
    I'm not saying that they weren't incompetent, i'm saying that the attic could be a complete mess, Tia's Body may have been hidden in amongst God knows what, or under something, and, that there may have been a mess, that was created over a long period of time, making it harder for them to find, and easier to miss..

As opposed to the Body being moved. That would make the Police even more incompetent, If She was moved under their noses. Even inside the Lofts.

EDIT:

Alt + 63 = ? (Question Mark)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Years :confused:( question mark not working)

He won't last days in an Irish or any other jail with a child murder conviction.

Ian Huntley is still alive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Allyall wrote: »
    I don't think the dogs went up for the first search, i could be wrong.
    I'm not saying that they weren't incompetent, i'm saying that the attic could be a complete mess, Tia's Body may have been hidden in amongst God knows what, or under something, and, that there may have been a mess, that was created over a long period of time, making it harder for them to find, and easier to miss..

As opposed to the Body being moved. That would make the Police even more incompetent, If She was moved under their noses. Even inside the Lofts.

This is what I understood to have happened.
    • First search isnt a full search of the house.
    • Then the house is fully searched by police including the place where the body was later found.
    • Then a dog was brought in for some reason but not to do another search it seems.
    • Then they turned the place inside out and found the body.

The body should have been found in the second search which was a full search of the house including the area where the body was later found. So it seems police overlooked the body and the dogs were not used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Scioch wrote: »
    This is what I understood to have happened.
    • First search isnt a full search of the house.
    • Then the house is fully searched by police including the place where the body was later found.
    • Then a dog was brought in for some reason but not to do another search it seems.
    • Then they turned the place inside out and found the body.

The body should have been found in the second search which was a full search of the house including the area where the body was later found. So it seems police overlooked the body and the dogs were not used.

I came back to correct myself... I hadn't realised they searched the house FOUR times :eek:

I stand very much corrected. It does leave a lot of questions.. I'd say theorists are running rampant on this..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Allyall wrote: »
    The Attic might be in some state. There could be rubbish/discarded toys/clothes etc.. that has been piling up there for years, Decades. I'm sure the Police did a big search, just possible that they may have been confused about where they did and didn't search. One pile discarded, becomes a new pile, then the new pile looks unsearched, leaving some areas missed.

That's no excuse. I'm in the same profession in the US, particularly involving crimes against children, and a messy environment is no excuse to missing something. Especially considering it would have been a team conducting the search and not one person. Not to mention trained professionals.

What i don't get is how they missed the smell. London in the summer is quite warm. It was regularly over 20 degrees last week. An attic can be a very hot place in a house during the summer which would accelerate decomp. Bluebottles arrive quite quick as do other insects. I'd imagine by the 3rd day hydrogen sulphide, methane, etc would have been escaping the poor young girls corpse. It is a very distinct smell and in an attic it would be so overpowering. Being moved from one partition to the other would not disguise the smell or silence the noise of insect activity. You'd even smell it from the floor below depending on the ventilation. If that attic was searched 3 or 4 times over the course of the week i really don't see how it was missed. If she was there all along it's unacceptable. Unless she didn't die last week and was a more recent event. So much weird things involved in this tragic incident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Grandmother and neighbor have been released on bail.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Ian Huntley is still alive.

Just about though..;)

Wasnt he savagely attacked by another immate a while back????

Temaz wrote: »
    Grandmother and neighbor have been released on bail.

And the boyfriend has just been charged by the police with Tia,s murder.

How can the grandmother and the next door neighbour returrn home now,while being let out on bail??

They would asurely be had/lynched by the crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭Gingernuts31

I thought this case looked similar to the case of the 2 parents that poured petrol in through their own latter box and set the house alight with their kids inside a few months back in the UK also. Then when I saw the guy I thought there is something dodgy about him. Not even a tear in sight although the other 2 cried into each others on arms on TV and it turns out it was them that killed their kids.

• Advertisement

The police dog handler and the dog couldnt detect the body....

So there needed to be a big public apploigy from the police to Tia,s family.

paddy147 wrote: »
    The police dog handler and the dog couldnt detect the body....

The first full search was when the body should have been found and they did not use dogs. A dog was brought in after that but didnt search the house.
    Mr Basu explained that the first examination of the property on receiving the report last Friday was not a full search.

He said mistakes were made on the second search two days later, which took two hours. Mr Basu said the occupiers gave their consent to this search.

"All parts of the premises were searched including the location where a body was discovered, five days later, on Friday August 10," he said.

"An early review has been conducted and it is now clear that human error delayed the discovery of the body within the house.

"We have apologised to Tia's mother that our procedures did not lead to the discovery of the body on this search."

He said a third visit took place on Wednesday.
    "This was not a search, but the attendance of a body recovery dog to assist the investigation team in their inquiries," he said.

He added: "A continuing review and examination of our search processes will be undertaken to ensure such a failing is not repeated."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9470341/Tia-Sharp-Grandmothers-boyfriend-Stuart-Hazell-charged-with-murder.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭johndoe99

Just about though..;)

yeah, i think he lost the use of an eye, apparently another child killer was jealous of the media attention huntly got and knifed him with a shank.

I know this is a very sad thing to say in view of the events........and please dont give out to me for saying this either....

But at least Tia,s family have her body back to bury.

Theres lots of families of missing or murdered kids out there that will never have that little bit of comfort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Temaz wrote: »
    I've had one eye on this
    One-eyed man murder hunt
    :pac:

Ahem, anyway all jokes aside, awful outcome to this story:(

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭shampoosuicide

And the boyfriend has just been charged by the police with Tia,s murder.

How can the grandmother and the next door neighbour returrn home now,while being let out on bail??

They would asurely be had/lynched by the crowd.

they haven't been charged with anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Just about though..;)

Ye by another scumbag who was serving a life sentence for robbing a family by knifepoint. The only child killer I'm aware of who was murdered in a British prison was Colin Hatch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,134 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

No doubt all the sordid details of the lives of this strange family and their friends will be plastered all over the tabloids soon enough. The Daily Mail staff must be licking their lips in anticipation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Just about though..;)

Yes, and tried to kill himself twice. Read an article a few months ago along the lines that the family don't expect him to survive his sentence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

they haven't been charged with anything.
    Well one of the trio has been charged, the other two are released on suspicion of murder (grandmother) and suspicion of assisting an offender (the neighbour)
    Detectives investigating the disappearance of schoolgirl Tia Sharp have charged her grandmother’s partner with murder.

Stuart Hazell, 37, will appear before magistrates tomorrow accused of killing the 12-year-old, who went missing in New Addington, south London, more than a week ago.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/0812/breaking4.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Assuming there is some member of her family who didn't play a role in her death. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

I was presuming the neighbour, Mr. Meehan had been arrested because he was complicit in the concealment of poor Tia's body. Now its obvious that it was he who told the Met that he had seen Tia leave the house at around 12 on the friday,thus corroborating Hazells story and throwing them a complete red herring:eek: I dont think we have heard the last of Mr Meehans involvement in this tragedy.
    Plus Tias biological father drove from Cornwall to London to search for his daughter. When he got to the grannies house he was turned away, of course. Difficult people to deal with at the best of times, it would seem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

mrsbyrne wrote: »
    I was presuming the neighbour, Mr. Meehan had been arrested because he was complicit in the concealment of poor Tia's body. Now its obvious that it was he who told the Met that he had seen Tia leave the house at around 12 on the friday,thus corroborating Hazells story and throwing them a complete red herring:eek: I dont think we have heard the last of Mr Meehans involvement in this tragedy.

I'm guessing that you're referring to the "family friend" who supplied the one and only confirmed sighting of the child once she had "left" the grandfather's home?

I did wonder about that at the time. Seemed so unlikely for there have been to be just that one sighting - with no CCTV etc - and with no other independent sightings.

But are you guessing that this sighting was from the neighbour? Or why is it that you say "Now its obvious that ..."

Because it's really not necessarily obvious that it's him; unless it's been confirmed, you're really very seriously jumping the gun here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

kerash wrote: »
    Well one of the trio has been charged, the other two are released on suspicion of murder (grandmother) and suspicion of assisting an offender (the neighbour)

How can you release someone on suspicion of murder or suspicion of assisting an offender? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭RaRaRasputin

How can you release someone on suspicion of murder or suspicion of assisting an offender? :confused:

Doesn't mean they are not being monitored/ watched and analysed. Though I am surprised that they didn't keep them in prison for their own damn safety(which they don't even deserve in my eyes)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

Years :confused:( question mark not working)

He won't last days in an Irish or any other jail with a child murder conviction.

False,
    prisoners are too protected inside prison.
    I really would love to see prisons turned into hell holes......
    Is prison really a big threat anymore?

He should be petrified of whats going to happen to him inside, and the other inmates ready to dole out the punishments the law wont allow, instead he will be put on the nonces wing with the rest of the people whom have harmed children and be kept in relative safety, unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

False,

He should be petrified of whats going to happen to him inside, and the other inmates ready to dole out the punishments the law wont allow, instead he will be put on the nonces wing with the rest of the people whom have harmed children and be kept in relative safety, unfortunately.

Yep, I totally agree. I would envisage a propere prison as being built like a warehouse, with no entertainment or educational facilities for any of the scum contained inside. An announcement would be made whenever an addition to the population is to be made that a new prisoner is entering the group, outlining details of the crime committed by the inmate.

Let the rest of the population know precisely who is going to be sharing their air.

I don't care what anyone says; although this would not necessarily stop people committing crimes, i firmly believe that it would stop recidivism. Nobody would reoffend after exposure to that type of environment. Too many cnuts I know with sentence after sentence walk around talking about how handy it is in jail.

I'm guessing that you're referring to the "family friend" who supplied the one and only confirmed sighting of the child once she had "left" the grandfather's home?

I did wonder about that at the time. Seemed so unlikely for there have been to be just that one sighting - with no CCTV etc - and with no other independent sightings.

But are you guessing that this sighting was from the neighbour? Or why is it that you say "Now its obvious that ..."

Because it's really not necessarily obvious that it's him; unless it's been confirmed, you're really very seriously jumping the gun here!
    Im speculating. The neighbour,Paul Meehan, was arrested on suspicion of asssisting an offender:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/aug/11/tia-sharps-grandmother-neighbour-arrested
    Its not a huge leap of faith to assume he was the witness that claimed to have spotted Tia, thus, assisting an offender.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

The Stuart Hazell Set Up

http://truthseeker444.blogspot.co.uk/

CT forum tbh. :)

This bit was funny though:
    On Thursday 9 August this interview with Stuart Hazell was released. His demeanour and body language suggest no wrong doing on his part. If the police are correct, and this man murdered Tia, then this whole interview Stuart is lying.
    The man conducting this interview is Criminologist Mark Williams-Thomas, Thomas spent some time with the family, and if he suspected any wrong doing he did not report it. This interview has now been pulled from all the media web sites that had it posted. "legal reasons" being cited as to why it has been pulled. Translated, Stuarts demeanour and words throughout this interview may suggest he is innocent of any wrong doing, and God forbid the public should see it.
    I downloaded this vid from Dogmugga1's You Tube Channel.
    This was the same video that had everybody here saying that he was guilty as f*ck before Tia was even found.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

*sigh*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

that blogger is bat **** crazy!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

False,

When you think about it human rights are a weird thing.
    Take a person who decides to kill (In this case an innocent young girl) but even James Holmes is another example. He killed 12 people. He did it. No dispute. The court case is just a formality of the legal system it could be said.

But if the cops were beating the crap out of him everynight and everyday he turns up in court with fresh injuries ... that would be "illegal" beacuse of his human rights... even tho what he did.

Another crazy aspect is that in certain parts of the world we can sentence a man to be executed. But... its still illegal to beat him up.

Take a person who decides to kill (In this case an innocent young girl) but even James Holmes is another example. He killed 12 people. He did it. No dispute. The court case is just a formality of the legal system it could be said.

But if the cops were beating the crap out of him everynight and everyday he turns up in court with fresh injuries ... that would be "illegal" beacuse of his human rights... even tho what he did.
    James Holmes is clearly mentally ill. What he did was terrible, but he wasn't operating in the real world when he did it. If Tia was murdered, it's unlikely that it was due to mental illness on the part of those who did it, so it's quite a different case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

James Holmes is clearly mentally ill. What he did was terrible, but he wasn't operating in the real world when he did it. If Tia was murdered, it's unlikely that it was due to mental illness on the part of those who did it, so it's quite a different case.

that was an example dude.
    the idea that a person can take another life but still have human rights. No matter how twisted and sick the murder/s could be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,329 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

ladypip wrote: »
    that blogger is bat **** crazy!!!

The Olympic ceremony way the missing clue!!
    Anyone who follows my blogs will know that I have joined a lot of dots between the London Olympics opening Ritual, The Aurora shootings and other seemingly unconnected things. When they formed this huge "GOSH" (Great Ormond Street Hospital) in the centre of the Olympic stadium, underneath a crying child, I knew there was more to it, I wrecked my head trying to think of well known people with the initials SH. Nine days later and Stuart Hazell is covering the front pages of near every UK newspaper! GO-SH!

I've been reading that site. Came across this gem

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-2Wiww9jS4tk/UArklb74bNI/AAAAAAAABQg/6XlBeacUxQU/s640/1canadabh.jpg

that was an example dude.
    the idea that a person can take another life but still have human rights. No matter how twisted and sick the murder/s could be.

That's because they're called Human Rights. Not "nice people we like rights"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

While she's clearly an elite member of the Illuminati, it did cross my mind earlier if Stuart Hazell might be taking the rap. What struck me was when he was supposedly on the run he was still approaching members of the public, crying and in a drunken state, identifying himself as the girl's grandfather and asking if they'd seen her.

I think it is useful to take a closer look at any holes that might be in the case and how the police dog didn't detect any evidence of a body which was supposed to have been there at the time. While the author raises some interesting points any conspiracy theory agendas will only detract from questioning if Hazell is the actual murderer.

Shint0 wrote: »
    While she's clearly an elite member of the Illuminati, it did cross my mind earlier if Stuart Hazell might be taking the rap. What struck me was when he was supposedly on the run he was still approaching members of the public, crying and in a drunken state, identifying himself as the girl's grandfather and asking if they'd seen her.

I think it is useful to take a closer look at any holes that might be in the case and how the police dog didn't detect any evidence of a body which was supposed to have been there at the time. While the author raises some interesting points any conspiracy theory agendas will only detract from questioning if Hazell is the actual murderer.

The police dog didnt detect the body because the police dog wasnt used in any search.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

That's true that the police said the dog wasn't used in the search but it was brought into the house, was it not, but obviously showed no reaction to the presence of a decomposing body just over head when they are trained and sensitized to so. Did the police ever clarify why the dog was brought into the house and why they didn't use it to search the house? That will b.e a question for the internal inquiry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Grayson wrote: »
    The Olympic ceremony way the missing clue!!
    Oh jeez! :eek:

Seriously that has to be a parody, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I wouldn't go calling Hazel 100% guilty until more facts come out, however some of the things in that link are just feckin crazy.

The blogger seems to believe that Ian Huntley may be innocent which is sickening tbh. Also a special team "planting" Tia's body, and secret meanings in the Olympic ceremony spelling out Stuart Hazel's initials. I'm fairly open minded with a lot of theories, but these are just completely fckd up and bizarre. There are still a lot of questions to be answered in this case though about what exactly happened, and who exactly was involved or knew about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The blogger seems to believe that Ian Huntley may be innocent which is sickening tbh. Also a special team "planting" Tia's body, and secret meanings in the Olympic ceremony spelling out Stuart Hazel's initials. I'm fairly open minded with a lot of theories, but these are just completely fckd up and bizarre. There are still a lot of questions to be answered in this case though about what exactly happened, and who exactly was involved or knew about it.
    Complete inability to look at anything objectively, it's a common flaw of all CTers. They also seem to believe that those involved leave intentional cryptic clues lying around, like something out of Dan Brown novel. For what purpose, I don't know - if the intention was to misdirect, they wouldn't leave clues anywhere, let alone broadcast the man's initials to a billion people.
    He claim is that Satanists at the top of the British elite kidnapped the girl as a virgin to sacrifice her.

Rather than take some anonymous girl that no-one would even miss and bury the story, they take a girl from a fairly unique (read: reportable) family situation, and allow it to blow up into a high-profile media case and linger for a few days before planting a body to incriminate the grandfather.

Oh, and five days before the child even goes missing, they broadcast the grandfather's initials on worldwide TV, for no apparent reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Oh, and five days before the child even goes missing, they broadcast the grandfather's initials on worldwide TV, for no apparent reason.

Thats always the problem with the illuminati. They will work out their diabolical plans and then feck it up by leaving clues in the middle of events watched by billions, clues which can only be worked out by certain bloggers.

I wonder do these people know they are crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

How can he be charged with murder with the body hasnt even been formally indentified?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

How can he be charged with murder with the body hasnt even been formally indentified?

The body has been identified.

Tia was found wrapped in a sheet and bin bag in the attic.

Horrific.

• Advertisement

The body has been identified.

Tia was found wrapped in a sheet and bin bag in the attic.

Horrific.

...smothered, apparently. I hope she wasnt molested. Makes me feel ill.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

But was she murdered? might she have died from an asthama attack or some such other illness? are they 100% sure that she was murdered? I also presume that her body was passed between lofts, and this is the reason the the Police search failed to find her? admittedly I havent been following the story closely, so no doubt somebody will put me straight on both issues.

LordSutch wrote: »
    But was she murdered? might she have died from an asthama attack or some such other illness? are they 100% sure that she was murdered? I also presume that her body was passed between lofts, and this is the reason the the Police search failed to find her? admittedly I havent been following the story closely so I dont have a clue . . . .

They clearly have enough evidence to charge the guy, the manner in which the body was concealed along with the false stories from Hazell is a good indication its murder. So he was charged and they will build a case to convict him for it.

There is no mention of the body being moved that I heard, the reason the police gave for missing it in the search was human error. She was found wrapped in a blanket inside a bin liner so an officer must have overlooked it.

mrsbyrne wrote: »
    ...smothered, apparently. I hope she wasnt molested. Makes me feel ill.:(

Where did you hear that ? The post mortem is still ongoing isnt it ?

LordSutch wrote: »
    But was she murdered? might she have died from an asthama attack or some such other illness? are they 100% sure that she was murdered? I also presume that her body was passed between lofts, and this is the reason the the Police search failed to find her? admittedly I havent been following the story closely, so no doubt somebody will put me straight on both issues.

I don't believe the normal way to react to a child having an asthma attack is to wrap up her body in a bin bag and put it in the attic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement