Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Missing 12 year old in London

12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Pappa Charlie

How can he be charged with murder with the body hasnt even been formally indentified?

I'd say that while in custody he has more than likely admitted to police that he murdered her and confirmed that the body discovered in the house is her and that is why he is charged at this stage.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

That blog was interesting until he started talking about satanists.

I never even realised it but Stuart hazell is the perfect Patsy. as soon as I saw him I said lock this guy up and throw away the key.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

jayteecork wrote: »
    That blog was interesting until he started talking about satanists.
    That blog is complete batsh!t and I would demonstrate that point by point except there are a hundred other more important things I should be doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

Is this meant to be a wind up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

genericguy wrote: »
    Yep, I totally agree. I would envisage a propere prison as being built like a warehouse, with no entertainment or educational facilities for any of the scum contained inside. An announcement would be made whenever an addition to the population is to be made that a new prisoner is entering the group, outlining details of the crime committed by the inmate.

Let the rest of the population know precisely who is going to be sharing their air.

I don't care what anyone says; although this would not necessarily stop people committing crimes, i firmly believe that it would stop recidivism. Nobody would reoffend after exposure to that type of environment. Too many cnuts I know with sentence after sentence walk around talking about how handy it is in jail.
    Really? Can you imagine what sort of fcuked-up individuals you would be releasing after a few years of that?

Plus you don't see the irony in locking people up for breaking the law and then actively encouraging those same individuals to administer vigilante style justice on others whilst inside....not sure how that is meant to rehabilitate offenders......you seriously expect re-offending rates to fall when they get out??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Grayson wrote: »
    I don't believe the normal way to react to a child having an asthma attack is to wrap up her body in a bin bag and put it in the attic.

Of course its not, but maybe he brought on the asthma attack and caused the death, then maybe he and the gradmother panicked and hid the body fearing accusations of murder? (just a wild & ill informed guess on my part) and then again maybe he just murdered her for reasons known only to himself? I dont know. Guess we will all find out on SKy news in the near future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

LordSutch wrote: »
    Of course its not, but maybe he brought on the asthma attack and caused the death, then maybe he and the gradmother panicked and hid the body fearing accusations of murder? (just a wild & ill informed guess on my part) and then again maybe he just murdered her for reasons known only to himself? I dont know. Guess we will all find out on SKy news in the near future.

Sorry I just don't understand your point. There is surely no way anyone can justify or explain how people who are meant to be grandparents to a young girl would kill and dump her body in the attic of their house.

If she had an asthma attack or any other illness, there is a very popular number -999 that most people would dial in such situations. The girl died in questionable circumstances- simple! They added salt to injury by orchestrating a very deceptive story, ( I will reccommend you watch the step-grandad's interview online). I know a lot of folks, myself included would speculate on the circumstances surrounding her death but at this stage, there is one incontrovertible fact- she was killed and there was a callous attempt to cover it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

How can you release someone on suspicion of murder or suspicion of assisting an offender? :confused:

I don't know, but from my tv knowledge of the legal system, i think they have a certain time to detain them by which time they must be charged or released, they can still remain under suspicion pending further investigation.

From the Home Office
    If there's not enough evidence to charge you, you can be released on police bail. You don't have to pay to be released on police bail, but you'll have to return to the station for further questioning when asked.

If you're charged and the police think there's a risk that you may commit another offence, fail to turn up at court, intimidate other witnesses or obstruct the course of justice, they can impose conditional bail. This means your freedom will be restricted in some way. For example, a curfew may be imposed on you if your offence was committed at night.

If you've been charged with a serious offence, you may be refused release and remanded in custody until trial. If you are found guilty, the time spent in prison before trial will be deducted from your sentence.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong peoples.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

The way he gets agitated about her not charging her phone, makes me (Detective Pinkfly) think it could have been something as simple as that, that trigger an argument between the two,and he took it too far and killed her, panicked and tried to cover up. Just my scenario to throw out there..

I felt very sorry for the parents on the news today, maybe they heard the rumors that the grand parents were involved and that's why they kept out of the lime light until now?

All and all a very sad situation. Makes you wonder what goes through people's heads sometimes :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

• Advertisement
Advertisement