Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st EVER IRISH OPEN POWERLIFTING CHAMPIONSHIPS

Options
  • 09-08-2012 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭

GPC WPC Ireland will be hosting the first IRISH OPEN POWERLIFTING CHAMPIONSHIPS on 4th November 2012 in Universal Warrior Gym in Dublin. This replaces the Leinster Open scheduled for the same date/venue. We hope that some of our friends from the North, GB and perhaps further afield will come over to compete in it.

Can't f*cking wait to lift at this comp!

And...

Andy Bolton is going to compete at it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Turbo_diesel

COH wrote: »
    Can't f*cking wait to lift at this comp!

And...

Andy Bolton is going to compete at it!

Would love to see Andy Deadlift!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

When they say "Irish Open" and "first ever", what exactly do they mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

I'd imagine that it is a competition called the "Irish Open" and that it will be the first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

d'Oracle wrote: »
    I'd imagine that it is a competition called the "Irish Open" and that it will be the first one.

_57c8a1a431a592af806925e57258202f.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Hanley wrote: »
    When they say "Irish Open" and "first ever", what exactly do they mean?

I think its like someone calling their gym "Dublin's most exclusive semi private training centre"

but anyway ya this is going to be a cracker of event. GPC really put on the shows for irish powerlifitng over the last two years in my opinion.

COH the minute I seen this on facebook i knew you'd be game. I'll be up the weekend of this anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭COH

COH the minute I seen this on facebook i knew you'd be game. I'll be up the weekend of this anyways.

I'm just happy about being able to compete and not have to go to Limerick... I always end up spending a f*cking fortune on those vibrating chairs at the Maldron :D

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Da Za

I'll probably compete as well even though I won't have much time after the Worlds......heard he was competing a few weeks ago.

Should be a great meet as always and will try to get people to come and watch who normally wouldn't.

I think its like someone calling their gym "Dublin's most exclusive semi private training centre"

And it's getting more exclusive every day :D

...and my point was, what's the difference between the "national championships" and "irish open"?!

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Da Za

Hanley wrote: »

...and my point was, what's the difference between the "national championships" and "irish open"?!

I believe the difference is it's "open" to everyone, different countries etc, they're trying to get international lifters across as such

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

Doing this comp.

• Advertisement

546271_4735827233890_1322526354_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭Thud

Was that poster designed in the 90's? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Dr.Tom

Are spectators allowed???

Update...
    The Irish Open will now be just a one day event. Due to an unexpected low entry in the Raw Section, it has been combined with the equipped section on Saturday 3rd November. Weigh in is Friday 6-7pm and Saturday 8-9am with lifting commencing at 10am. It should be a great day with lifters over from England and down from the North. If you havent entered, you need to contact me by Friday at the latest. Last Friday was the closing date after all!

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Turbo_diesel

How did you get on Coh? How did Andy Bolton perform? Any videos taken?

How did you get on Coh? How did Andy Bolton perform? Any videos taken?

I did a meet write-up in my log over in the fitness forum!

Andy squatted 370.. Well his knees did bend i dunno if youd call it a squat lol. He had a 312.5 bench i think pulled 400. I only have vids of my own lifts but theres loads on the GPC facebook page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Some vids up on my channel. Was there for only an hour and a half. Some epic lifts still. Some balls on that lad who tried the 420kg squat! Got to meet Andy Bolton!!

That squat was even higher than ppl made it out to be. Jesus.

Advertisement