Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BUSINESS DEPARTMENT .... RANT GRRRR

Options
  • 09-08-2012 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi ,
    applied to DIT for september , level 8 degree, retail & Services Management,
    Applied through the CAO as a mature, non traditional student. Went for my interview (went fine).
    E-mailed the business department in June to confirm that I would be getting a place, and recieved an e-mail stating that yes , i was being offered a place and they looked forward to greeting me in September.
    ... Now last week, didn't recieve my offer. I decided to call up DIT admissions today , talked to a lovely girl and she said my name was not on the list of people to recieve offers. I have no idea if this is an oversight, mix-up or whether they have changed their minds but am NOT IMPRESSED !! I have forwarded on the e-mail they sent , so hopefully it will get sorted ! Now it isn't the end of the world, I should still get in with my 2002 LC results but it just seems a tad unprofesional !!

Has anyone else had any problems like this ??

RANT OVER !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

madcharlie wrote: »
    Hi ,
    applied to DIT for september , level 8 degree, retail & Services Management,
    Applied through the CAO as a mature, non traditional student. Went for my interview (went fine).
    E-mailed the business department in June to confirm that I would be getting a place, and recieved an e-mail stating that yes , i was being offered a place and they looked forward to greeting me in September.
    ... Now last week, didn't recieve my offer. I decided to call up DIT admissions today , talked to a lovely girl and she said my name was not on the list of people to recieve offers. I have no idea if this is an oversight, mix-up or whether they have changed their minds but am NOT IMPRESSED !! I have forwarded on the e-mail they sent , so hopefully it will get sorted ! Now it isn't the end of the world, I should still get in with my 2002 LC results but it just seems a tad unprofesional !!

Has anyone else had any problems like this ??

RANT OVER !!

Im in the same boat, business and languages dt557. But was in for a follow up meeting last week (only about work i needed to do catching up with spanish) esswntially im in and the offer will be on the 20th of august batch!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Nobler32

Just finished 4 years of Business & Languages there..
    For them to mix up and/or lose important items such as an application is not uncommon..
    They're very messy when it comes to every day running of the institute.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭madcharlie

Nobler32 wrote: »
    Just finished 4 years of Business & Languages there..
    For them to mix up and/or lose important items such as an application is not uncommon..
    They're very messy when it comes to every day running of the institute.. :([/QUOTE

EEK ...... everyone i have been talking to have told me the administration in DIT is a shambles ..... oh the joys

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnG18

Yeah they managed to lose my transfer by Advanced Entry from one course in the School of Food Science to another one in that School! They made up for it by being excellent lecturers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 redcortina

Having spent 5 years in DIT aungier st, I can confirm that yes, admin is a complete disaster. Even you need something done, go to the head of the department of your field and talk directly to them, You will find all the details of names etc on http://dit.ie/colleges/. Its the only way to get anything done in a short space of time.

• Advertisement

redcortina wrote: »
    Having spent 5 years in DIT aungier st, I can confirm that yes, admin is a complete disaster. Even you need something done, go to the head of the department of your field and talk directly to them, You will find all the details of names etc on http://dit.ie/colleges/. Its the only way to get anything done in a short space of time.

cheers .... all advice greatly appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

you should still have a place hopefully, Im aware some matures didnt get the official offer till very late august..

Best of luck

you should still have a place hopefully, Im aware some matures didnt get the official offer till very late august..

Best of luck

Hey .... got my offer yesterday ... all forgiven with DIT (for now) !! :-)

Advertisement