Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Cigarettes

• 09-08-2012 5:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

i currently smoke Silk Cut Silver:

which has 1mg Tar, 0.1mg Nicotine, 1mg CO

i'm looking to change to a different brand, i'm pretty fed up with the after-taste of silk cut, can any smokers recommend another brand with the same ratings as silk cut silver, i included the mg ratings so you can look at the side of your box,

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

johndoe99 wrote: »

i'm looking to change to a different brand, i'm pretty fed up with the after-taste of silk cut, can any smokers recommend another brand with the same ratings as silk cut silver, i included the mg ratings so you can look at the side of your box,

thanks.

Jesus, I didn't realise they made cigarettes with such low contents, smoking two Rothmans would be equivalent to smoking a pack of Silk Cut Silver :eek:.

Maybe you could try Marlboro Lights( around 4,4,4 iirc). Not my cup of tea but they seem to be fairly popular, and are a reasonable smoke ( not a patch on Marlboro Red tho imo).

Pall Mall Blue are also a reasonable smoke, considering they are a relatively light fag (around 7,6,6 or thereabouts). A bit stronger than the above, but a considerably better smoke, and about €1.50 - €2 cheaper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭bhamsteve

thanks.

If you're paying 8 euro a box for fags with virtually no nicotine I'd just quit. Nothing that low will be an enjoyable smoke, just throwing your money away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭johndoe99

bhamsteve wrote: »
    If you're paying 8 euro a box for fags with virtually no nicotine I'd just quit. Nothing that low will be an enjoyable smoke, just throwing your money away.

personally i don't consider nicotine strength relates to enjoyable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭bhamsteve

personally i don't consider nicotine strength relates to enjoyable.
    When smoking ultalights I just found they would irritate my throat more than offer a decent lung full of smoke. Maybe if I'd give them enough time I'd have got used to them though. I'd just begrudge paying so much tax on very little active ingredient.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,935 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Did a google, found this table http://www.dh.gov.uk/prod_consum_dh/groups/dh_digitalassets/@dh/@ab/documents/digitalasset/dh_096626.pdf which lists all the brands, and the MG and CO of each brand & type.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭johndoe99

the_syco wrote: »
    Did a google, found this table http://www.dh.gov.uk/prod_consum_dh/groups/dh_digitalassets/@dh/@ab/documents/digitalasset/dh_096626.pdf which lists all the brands, and the MG and CO of each brand & type.

thanks, just what i've been looking for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Rothmans wrote: »
    Pall Mall Blue are also a reasonable smoke, considering they are a relatively light fag (around 7,6,6 or thereabouts). A bit stronger than the above, but a considerably better smoke, and about €1.50 - €2 cheaper!

What do you smoke Rothmans? You sound like a John Player Blue kinda guy!:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Faith+1 wrote: »
    What do you smoke Rothmans? You sound like a John Player Blue kinda guy!:P

Haha, I used to smoke Rothmans. However, with the ever increasing price of cigarettes, I switched to Old Holborn, and haven't looked back since!!

Funnily enough I started out on JP Blue, so you're right there. They're a nice fag, but I found that they burned away to quickly!!

What about you? What'd be your brand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Rothmans wrote: »
    What about you? What'd be your brand?

I'm a cigar man myself, King Edward specials and a cup of coffee, Fecking bliss!:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

thanks.

Air? ;) Cant believe they are so low. I'm smoking a light version of one I brought back from abroad and it has 0.4mg nicotine - thought that was low!

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Slav

thanks.

Dunhill Fine Cut White has the same level of tar and nicotine though I don't think they sell in Ireland and UK.

Advertisement