Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Sporting Achievments

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

If you can as easily discount "ah its only boxing", I should be just as much within my rights to say "ah sure they're sitting down, that hardly counts".

i didn't say "ah its only boxing" i said if it was only for boxing we'd get next to nothing which is perfectly true

the brits on the other hand have got medals across the board in various sports

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭BornToKill

If it wasn't for boxing, you mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^

ah don't be a grammer nazi

fryup wrote: »
    i didn't say "ah its only boxing" i said if it was only for boxing we'd get next to nothing which is perfectly true

the brits on the other hand have got medals across the board in various sports

if it wasn't for swimming, USA's performance at the games is almost identical in golds, silvers and bronzes to Team GB. Have they had a poor games? (Hint, they're currently leading the medal table)

Again, your point is moot. Certain countries excel in certain events. Why diminish that excellence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭BornToKill

fryup wrote: »
    ah don't be a grammer nazi

That wasn't grammar; it was syntax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

if it wasn't for swimming, USA's performance at the games is almost identical in golds, silvers and bronzes to Team GB. Have they had a poor games? (Hint, they're currently leading the medal table)

Again, your point is moot. Certain countries excel in certain events. Why diminish that excellence?

It makes sense to concentrate on swimming if you want lots of medals. Katie Taylor can win one medal, in her category. Phelps can compete in as many distances, styles, and then again all that in the relays he wants.
    BornToKill wrote: »
    That wasn't grammar; it was syntax.

Dont be a syntax commie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

OPs workmate must be French.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

fryup has been trolling the Olympic threads all week, but you have to salute him for his commitment. In particular, his commentary about boxing. He has his opionions, and that's cool, but you can't help but feel.... did Katie Taylor beat him up when he was younger?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

OP,

I would suggest your work colleague go on to YouTube and search for Brian O'Driscoll Don't Stop Believing'. That should point him in the right direction. He'd be my choice for Ireland's top sportsperson.

I dont think anyone has mentioned George Best.

Shaymus in the WWE!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Spartacus was from modern day Bulgaria but gladiatorial combat was banned 1500 years ago.

I am Spartacus.

• Advertisement
Advertisement