Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

car dealer trouble need advice

Options
  • 09-08-2012 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

hey so i bought a car about 6 weeks ago, saw it on donedeal from a dealer in limerick went on a test drive with a friend an it drove great was really nice an smooth, when i was buying it i was told id have a 3 month warranty on it, today the car broke down and couldnt be driven i had to push it down the road to a garage. when i rang my dealer he went back on his word an wont cover the cost of repairs (i still dont know how much its guna cost yet) he told me i never had a warranty an that he wouldnt have given one. obviously i was raging. so when i got home i found the donedeal advert online that says the car was sold with a warranty an i have my friend that was with me who heard the dealer sayin i have a warranty on it. i rang him again when i found the ad and he just got really thick an told me get a solicitor if i want my money (i think he thought i was bluffing about having proof against him) so has anyone else had a problem like this before, an if so what did you do about it?? any help of advice would really be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Follow this link and some folks on this sections of boards might be able to give you some advice.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=47

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Or the Consumer Issues forum.

Anyway, ill close this now you posted elsewhere. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement