Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Phoning schools to inquire about interview dates

• 09-08-2012 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

Can I ring schools to ask when they are interviewing once the application closing date has passed? Will this be frowned upon? I have no idea if I have not been called to interviews or if they haven't happened yet??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭thefasteriwalk

vamos! wrote: »
    Can I ring schools to ask when they are interviewing once the application closing date has passed? Will this be frowned upon? I have no idea if I have not been called to interviews or if they haven't happened yet??

I have no idea, but there's a thread on educationposts on which people list places that they know have called for interview. It might be an idea to check that if you haven't already. I have a few interviews coming up if you wanna let me know where you're waiting for...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Personally, I wouldn't, who would you phone anyhow?Schools are closed.
    Sometimes people post on educationposts.ie as to if schools have called for interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

vamos! wrote: »

I would say yes and no. ring who? the secretary very often may not even be aware that a job has been advertised. The principal may himself have no idea the interviews are being held.
    I sometimes do ring because I like to know a few things about the job before dollying myself up for an interview that could prove to a waste of time.

within two weeks if there are jobs going they will be desperately seeking and will take anyone. I once worked in a school for four months and they never looked for anything like TC registration, Garda Vetting. for all they knew I could have been pretending to be a teacher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Personally, I wouldn't, who would you phone anyhow?Schools are closed.
    Sometimes people post on educationposts.ie as to if schools have called for interview.

schools will be open this week as the LC results are out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

If they want to interview you, they will call you.

Simples.

Harsh, but simples

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

No harm to ring OP. You'll find out if the interviews are over, if the job exists or if you still have a chance. I've done this before and some schools/secretaries/principals can be surprisingly forthcoming with information - one principal told me that a girl had been in the job that year and more or less let me know that the post was gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

Bit late most interviews were done before the holidays and as you know there aint a lot of jobs going in teaching

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Bit late most interviews were done before the holidays and as you know there aint a lot of jobs going in teaching

It depends. VECs can take a long time to get a panel together and they wait until they have a lot of positions to interview for. The interview for my current job was scheduled for the beginning of September!

Advertisement