Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garvey's "Get Up, Stand Up"

Options
  • 09-08-2012 8:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭

Anyone been to a night of this? It's usually on every Thursday I think. I keep meaning to get to it but some things keep getting in the way. I there much talent at it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Melty

Used to go almost every week to support a few friends who were brave enough to get up on stage! Haven't been in the last 2 months or so.

It's mostly good craic with a good variety of comedic styles, some of the lads are hilarious. 7 or so minutes per comedian so at least if someone is not to your taste you don't have to put up with them for too long!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I know some of the lads involved. They also done the Comedy show in the Townhouse over the festival which was one of the highlights of the Fringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Can anyone confirm day/time this is one? Looking for an alternative to the Roisin comedy nights

• Registered Users Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Thursdays about half nine down the back. It's free in as well. There is usually a small column in the Advertiser about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

It's Thursdays at @ 10pm. They've a Facebook page here.

Have been to it quite a bit, few friends involved. Seems to be a bit qieter now in the summer. Last week was 6 comedians with a break between with a caption contest. They're local guys often trying out new material or even first few times on-stage so they can sometimes struggle but definitely some good talent down there and plenty of laughs to be had. About 8mins each.

And it's FREE so can't go wrong. ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement