Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newgrange business park to Dublin without toll

Options
  • 09-08-2012 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭

Newgrange business park to Dublin without paying a toll - route advice?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭gipi

Is that one of the business parks off Donore Rd?

If it is, one route is via Kilmoon Cross:

Take the first left at the roundabout after the one for the retail park, and take the right exit (under the motorway) at the next roundabout. Continue straight until you reach Kilmoon Cross and the N2/M2 to reach city centre via Finglas & Glasnevin.

The other route is via Drogheda : Dublin Road, Julianstown, joining the M1 motorway at City North hotel (which avoids the toll).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

It's Blackstone Motors off Donore Road yes. I'll have a look at both those options - what's easiest for a Dub who get's lost easy once he leaves the big smoke? :D I'm guessing Julianstown just looking at Google maps?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭gipi

If you take the Julianstown route, all you have to do is get onto the Dublin Rd in Drogheda and stay on it! :D It's fairly straightforward all right!

Sounds good, thanks for the advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

€1.80 not to get lost cheap as chips! The reason ye have to pay to get in to Drogheda is to cover the new cycle lanes in Dundalk:D

Sorry! trolling is bad, irony on the other hand though;)

• Advertisement

Nesta99 wrote: »
    €1.80 not to get lost cheap as chips! The reason ye have to pay to get in to Drogheda is to cover the new cycle lanes in Dundalk:D

Sorry! trolling is bad, irony on the other hand though;)

Hehe, is it just the one toll? I thought I would get caught with one toll somewhere out near Drogheda and another somewhere nearer Dublin.

Maybe you are right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

Nooo! I dunno how much it would cost ye in tolls from Dublin and in around Drogheda. I was having a cheap shot at the anti-toll group 'round south Louth. I was trolling a bit.... Costs nothing 'round Dundalk:p

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

What part of dublin are you going to? The kilmoon cross / N2 route will bring you to M50 / Finglas or the drogheda / Julianstown route will bring you onto M1 / Swords Santry.

Both of these routes are fairly handy and straight forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

What time commute are you thinking OP? Where in Dublin are you? I think the Kilmoon run is a lot handier tbh.

I took the easy way out and paid the toll. :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement