Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FFS Guys Bike on RTW Trip Stole in Dublin

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Unfortunately even with people being kind enough to loan him a bike while he's in Ireland he's still stuck for the rest of his tour so hopefully they manage to get it back for him before he has to leave.
    Faith+1 wrote: »
    Fair balls to him!
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭thomashood10

Could you imagine if the replacement bike was stolen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

The guy got his bike back.
    Dash ripped out and wiring damaged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

CJhaughey wrote: »

With luck the cnuts who stole it will have a nice single bike collision with a tree on the next one they steal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

CJhaughey wrote: »

At least he got it back, i seen a post from im on another site saying he would just like to get the bike back

• Advertisement

With luck the cnuts who stole it will have a nice single bike collision with a tree on the next one they steal.
    I'd prefer if it was in a car, one less accident that they can throw up in the stats.

He was just assembling his second 690 that he had shipped over, when he got the call that it had been found.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Dorsanty

I suppose I should add my recent woes to the list of Dublin motorcycle theft activity.

One or more people tried to lift my Street Triple R there 2 weeks ago. They couldn't start it but in trying to they removed the ignition barrel, broke through the seat lock (I now know how easy it is and could do myself with the right implement), pulled my alarm system out and then tried to hot wire the bike but blew a fuse and that was the end of that.

The garage tells me this is the 3rd Triumph into them for repair from a theft in the last 2 months. So there seems to be a run on Triumphs. What's worse for me is that this is where I work. It is an underground gated and barriered car park. It absolutely pisses me off that it is suppose to be secure but people are in lifting bicycles and now Motorbikes at will. Sure once you can get in and out of one you are out of sight of the public for the most part.

Anyway insurance is having to pay out for a new electrical harness, alarm, key set, and some cosmetic damage and it isn't cheap. Expect to see me on the 'Insurance - Tell us your quotes/renewals' thread moaning next year. ;)

Gardai attitude when they arrived at the scene was 'You called us to begin your insurance claim and you need a case report number?'.

It seems like my loss is everyone else's gain as the job has negotiated some improved security measures from the building landlord. I'm just waiting to see what that turns out to be. I'll be adding using my chain at work to my list of essential security measures, as I used to just be using the disc lock. There's a few nice looking steal beams I reckon I could use for wrapping the chain onto.

[Adding the additional kick in the b4lls]
    What made it even worse for me was I had just serviced the bike and got new brakes on the Saturday, new tyres on the Sunday, bike out of action on the Monday.
    I had great plans to break all the new parts in. Argh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Really sorry to hear that Dorsanty....ugly thing to happen to anyone. Hope it all works out for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Dorsanty wrote: »
    I suppose I should add my recent woes to the list of Dublin motorcycle theft activity.

One or more people tried to lift my Street Triple R there 2 weeks ago. They couldn't start it but in trying to they removed the ignition barrel, broke through the seat lock (I now know how easy it is and could do myself with the right implement), pulled my alarm system out and then tried to hot wire the bike but blew a fuse and that was the end of that.

The garage tells me this is the 3rd Triumph into them for repair from a theft in the last 2 months. So there seems to be a run on Triumphs. What's worse for me is that this is where I work. It is an underground gated and barriered car park. It absolutely pisses me off that it is suppose to be secure but people are in lifting bicycles and now Motorbikes at will. Sure once you can get in and out of one you are out of sight of the public for the most part.

Anyway insurance is having to pay out for a new electrical harness, alarm, key set, and some cosmetic damage and it isn't cheap. Expect to see me on the 'Insurance - Tell us your quotes/renewals' thread moaning next year. ;)

Gardai attitude when they arrived at the scene was 'You called us to begin your insurance claim and you need a case report number?'.

It seems like my loss is everyone else's gain as the job has negotiated some improved security measures from the building landlord. I'm just waiting to see what that turns out to be. I'll be adding using my chain at work to my list of essential security measures, as I used to just be using the disc lock. There's a few nice looking steal beams I reckon I could use for wrapping the chain onto.

What made it even worse for me was I had just serviced the bike and got new brakes on the Saturday, new tyres on the Sunday, bike out of action on the Monday.
    I know a few people who had their bikes robbed, the police couldn't care less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭thomashood10

Surely they can't jack up your premium for that..

Question, did they have a go at your disc lock?

Question the second, did the car park not have cameras?

edit ; my sympathies btw, nothing like dat feel of a damaged bike

Seriously though take extra precautions, maybe get a camera from someone if you can. Chances are they'll be back or try it again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭rubadubduba

you should ask about putting in some ground anchers, i think that they should be put in underground car parks and on street parking where there is bike racks so the fkers cant lift them.

Advertisement