Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

People in dressing rooms

• 09-08-2012 10:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭

I work in a busy department store where I work in the fitting rooms most of the time. I'm pretty used to people trying stuff on then firing it back at me inside out, unzipped etc. It's part of my job to tidy up the clothes that come out, run around looking for sizes and have to see naked old ladies wandering around :p but today I couldn't help but just get so annoyed at people in general.

Nearly every second person was literally throwing piles of clothes rolled up in a ball at me and leaving the hangers back down in their dressing room. Then a lady shouts at me because of the long queue even though the dressing rooms are full. Then a guy tries to go down into his girlfriend in the dressing room when men aren't allowed in (I have to tell him to get out or I get in s**t off the management) and he goes mental at me and throws more clothes at me and says I've lost a sale. To top it all off a lady hands me back a pair of trousers then runs out only for me to then realise that she had puked in the pocket of them. No joke.

This is only the tip of the iceberg of what goes on in work and I know, I get paid to do all this with a smile..but come on...manners cost nothing and who THROWS UP in a pair of trousers?? :confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

She could have done worse in them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭MarthaMyDear

She could have done worse in them.

Oh it's happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

I was talking to someone that used to work in a clothes shop, someone took a poo in the corner of one of the dressing rooms!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭getuponthis

A guy tried to go down on his girlfriend in the dressing room!!?? Pics or Gtfo

syndeyfife wrote: »
    I was talking to someone that used to work in a clothes shop, someone took a poo in the corner of one of the dressing rooms!!!!!

That happened to us last year!! One word... diarrhea :eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dirtyden

What shop do you work in?

People can be assholes, but surely most people just try clothes on and then go pay for them? I am hoping this was just a bad day for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

syndeyfife wrote: »

Eh... yea... sorry about that...

That happened to us last year!! One word... diarrhea :eek::eek:

Where the hell do you work?!?? :eek:

dirtyden wrote: »
    People can be assholes, but surely most people just try clothes on and then go pay for them? I am hoping this was just a bad day for you?

I'd say it's half and half. People just seem to be so stressed out in dressing rooms. People get so thick if you can't find them a size or if they ask you to zip something up and it won't close..it's your fault!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭Chris.Buckley

In a place I used to work, a guy took a poo in a sock and then stuffed it down the toilet which led to blocking the toilet. guess who had to fish it out..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I always used to have a quick peek at downstairs in the changing rooms (it's interesting to see it from all the different angles in there) until my geography teacher told me all cubicles have CCTV in. :o

In a place I used to work, a guy took a poo in a sock and then stuffed it down the toilet which led to blocking the toilet. guess who had to fish it out..

was it chris buckley?

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

What is it with people and shit !? Back when I was in school someone smeared it all over the walls into the shape of a smiley face:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 Avocado

II'm pretty used to people trying stuff on then firing it back at me inside out, unzipped etc.

This sounds so duuuuurty.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭getuponthis

Yeah i can't get the whole playing with poo thing either. Someone in my secondary school used to poo in people's bags when they went out on a lunch break. Tis funny when it doesent happen to you though!

Avocado wrote: »
    This sounds so duuuuurty.

;)

What is it with people and shit !? Back when I was in school someone smeared it all over the walls into the shape of a smiley face:confused:
    Yeah i can't get the whole playing with poo thing either. Someone in my secondary school used to poo in people's bags when they went out on a lunch break. Tis funny when it doesent happen to you though!

Where in the name of fcuk did you people go to school!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

Then a guy tries to go down into his girlfriend in the dressing room when men aren't allowed in (I have to tell him to get out or I get in s**t off the management) and he goes mental at me and throws more clothes at me and says I've lost a sale.

When dealing with the public you should not use the word s**t no matter what the circumstances. I hate when I'm in a shop and staff use curse words. And you NEVER say anything negative about the shop or management no matter what you think of them.

Under these circumstances, you could suggest to the boyfriend that the light is better outside the dressing room and you will ask the girlfriend to come out to him.

In sales no matter how bloody difficult it is...'the customer is always right'...even when they're wrong ;o

Where in the name of fcuk did you people go to school!?

It was an ok school like! still feel very disturbed that a young lady decided to paint pictures on the toilet walls with her own excrement :( It wasnt the first time and I doubt it was the last... just the smiley face really got me!:pac:

Splendour wrote: »
    When dealing with the public you should not use the word s**t no matter what the circumstances. I hate when I'm in a shop and staff use curse words. And you NEVER say anything negative about the shop or management no matter what you think of them.

Under these circumstances, you could suggest to the boyfriend that the light is better outside the dressing room and you will ask the girlfriend to come out to him.

In sales no matter how bloody difficult it is...'the customer is always right'...even when they're wrong ;o

You sound like the world's most ideal customer :rolleyes: Sometimes the customer is a d**k and not right.

Anyway people can be scummy in changing rooms....stories I heard from La Senza were shocking. Maybe a good things it's closed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭mickrock

That young Bobby Sands was a hoot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

who THROWS UP in a pair of trousers..like this??

David, it's over to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Onesimus

I've always hated that stupid saying. Customers can be wrong, and should be shown the door when neccesary. The loss of 50 euro against somebody with an attitude is certainly no loss for me.

mickrock wrote: »
    That young Bobby Sands was a hoot!

At least Bobby Sands had his reasons, what was this girl protesting?! no PE??:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

We had a dude change his catheter in the bathroom, sprayed blood all over the toilet seat and left the paraphernalia in the tiny waste basket.

Also had someone take a dump in a car game (arcade).

I didnt use the word s**t when I was taking to him, I'm using it now to explain why I even bothered to tell him he had to leave.

At least Bobby Sands had his reasons, what was this girl protesting?! no PE??:confused:

Did she use to shove tampons in peoples lunch box's as another hilarious "prank".

I have no idea. Artistic expression due to a troubled childhood perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

She didn't say she used the word s**t to the boyfriend, read her post again. He sounded like she was too polite to him anyway, a few curse words might not have done his entitled a&& any harm.

Did she use to shove tampons in peoples lunch box's as another hilarious "prank".

I hope not:pac: Oh look! my Ma packed me a jam roll! :eek:

I'm just going to guess she was a deeply disturbed individual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

this is no joke but my ex works in a busy retail store in town and some of the stories she had from there. She never works in dressing rooms but her friends have told her the stories. The obvious ones of drug addicts coming in and trying to shoot up yadi yadi yada...knackers coming in a pissing everywhere, taking sh*ts in the corner, diarrhea all over the changing room and mirror, puke and SH*T in the pockets, sh*tty & bloody underwear left behind and to top it all off used tampons being left behind...

http://finalbossfight.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/dog-dude-wait-what.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

What is WRONG with people?!?

place where i used to work someone took a poo on the floor in front of a video game display...someone else didnt see it and rolled thier shopping cart through it...and up and down 3 more aisles before they copped what the smell was. ugh.

and NO the customer is not always right- I as a consumer and retailer understand that from both points of view. What the hell would be right about throwing up in a pair of trousers and handing them in like there is nothing wrong with that...who wants to purchase those?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Starla_o0 wrote: »
    You sound like the world's most ideal customer :rolleyes: Sometimes the customer is a d**k and not right.

Anyway people can be scummy in changing rooms....stories I heard from La Senza were shocking. Maybe a good things it's closed!

Surely people dont try on underwear? I would have thought shops like la senza would not have changing rooms (although if they do id love the CCTV footage).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

I was in Topman a few months ago trying on jeans, one of the pairs i was trying on had cuts on the front, as i pulled them up my big toe got caught it the cut and i almost ripped the leg off. I didn't know what to do so i put them back on the shelf and swapped them for a new pair.

Onesimus wrote: »
    I've always hated that stupid saying. Customers can be wrong, and should be shown the door when neccesary. The loss of 50 euro against somebody with an attitude is certainly no loss for me.

Of course they can be wrong! I speak from experience of having worked in sales for a long time. Simply put; be it that the customer is wrong or not, you have to be diplomatic,bite your tongue in some cases, and keep smiling. Therefore you've done your job right, the customer is happy and will come back and possibly recommend the shop to others.

I certainly don't condone downright rudeness though or sleaziness-I remember working in the menswear section of a department store when a male customer asked me to measure his inside leg. No way was I doing that-'twas up to the my male colleagues and the customer knew that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

Oh and i once found a used tampon on the floor of my local xtravision shop, i thought it was funny because my mate was working there and he had to poke it out the door with a stick.

1210m5g wrote: »
    Oh and i once found a used tampon on the floor of my local xtravision shop, i thought it was funny because my mate was working there and he had to poke it out the door with a stick.

I read that as 'poke it around the floor with a stick' I was like why did he HAVE to do that??

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

Rachineire wrote: »
    What is WRONG with people?!?

place where i used to work someone took a poo on the floor in front of a video game display...someone else didnt see it and rolled thier shopping cart through it...and up and down 3 more aisles before they copped what the smell was. ugh.

haha I feel bad for laughing but that is gas!
    1210m5g wrote: »
    I was in Topman a few months ago trying on jeans, one of the pairs i was trying on had cuts on the front, as i pulled them up my big toe got caught it the cut and i almost ripped the leg off. I didn't know what to do so i put them back on the shelf and swapped them for a new pair.

you badass!

This thread is making me very sad, and is severely shaking my faith in humanity :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I don't mind dealing with poo or piss or vomit at all, it's no worse than cleaning up anything else, you're cleaning it up not taking a bath in it after all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

People, ye are weird. Not AH people, obviously, because just posting here means you are fairly human and sentient, but everyone else, ye are weird. That's you there, ya lurkey pocket puker. And you, you poo smearer, yes, YOU. Ye are weird. And possibly a bit sick. Also, who the feck would want to work in retail?? The shite you have to put up with is unreal.:(

Where To wrote: »
    I don't mind dealing with poo or piss or vomit at all, it's no worse than cleaning up anything else, you're cleaning it up not taking a bath in it after all.

Im training to be a midwife, its all part and parcel with the job....but someone working for a clothes shop, should not have to clean up grown adults excrement.

That is nasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭LoYL

These dirty people are rebels. They are socking it to the MAN. they won't be told how to behave. They won't be told what's wrong. They could be boardsies.

Pottler wrote: »
    People, ye are weird. Not AH people, obviously, because just posting here means you are fairly human and sentient, but everyone else, ye are weird. That's you there, ya lurkey pocket puker. And you, you poo smearer, yes, YOU. Ye are weird. And possibly a bit sick. Also, who the feck would want to work in retail?? The shite you have to put up with is unreal.:(

I definitely don't want to work in retail. Just need monies while I'm in college!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

LoYL wrote: »
    These dirty people are rebels. They are socking it to the MAN. they won't be told how to behave. They won't be told what's wrong. They could be boardsies.
    Loyl, I suspect you may well smear your crap on walls. You smear a fair bit of it on computer screens anyway.

Pottler wrote: »
    Loyl, I suspect you may well smear your crap on walls. You smear a fair bit of it on computer screens anyway.

http://cutestuff.co/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/cute-cat-laughing.jpg

I definitely don't want to work in retail. Just need monies while I'm in college!!

Good for you Martha- I worked for years in shops and detested it. Took me a while to figure it out-I HATE shopping so I don't know why I ever took on retail work!!

Chalk it all down to experience-people are a strange lot but learn what you can while you're there and good luck with the studies...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I'm terrible at hanging clothes back onto hangers - especially shirts. I find it really fiddly trying to do the buttons back up when it's on a hanger that's hanging from a hook.

But I make an effort & normally hope that the shop assistant doesn't mind that it wasn't put back on the hanger the way it was taken off.

But after reading this thread, I will now go into clothes shops safe in the knowledge that when I hand back a badly hung shirt on a hanger, the only thing the sales assistant will be thinking is, "well at least he didn't shit in the pocket".

Good for you Martha- I worked for years in shops and detested it. Took me a while to figure it out-I HATE shopping so I don't know why I ever took on retail work!!

Chalk it all down to experience-people are a strange lot but learn what you can while you're there and good luck with the studies...

Thank you :) Appreciate it!

I'm terrible at hanging clothes back onto hangers - especially shirts. I find it really fiddly trying to do the buttons back up when it's on a hanger that's hanging from a hook.

But I make an effort & normally hope that the shop assistant doesn't mind that it wasn't put back on the hanger the way it was taken off.

But after reading this thread, I will now go into clothes shops safe in the knowledge that when I hand back a badly hung shirt on a hanger, the only thing the sales assistant will be thinking is, "well at least he didn't shit in the pocket".

Haha, anything not covered in piss or puke is a bonus!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement