Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

People in dressing rooms

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

syndeyfife wrote: »
    Im training to be a midwife, its all part and parcel with the job....but someone working for a clothes shop, should not have to clean up grown adults excrement.

That is nasty.
    Maybe so, but any job involving dealing with biological waste containers is going to have it's difficulties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭LoYL

Pottler wrote: »
    Loyl, I suspect you may well smear your crap on walls. You smear a fair bit of it on computer screens anyway.

Don't blame me for the state of your place. Get Mrs Bottler and the little bottles to use their fire extinguishers on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

Then a guy tries to go down into his girlfriend in the dressing room

Ah shure why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swimming in a sea

Shocking!!

The worst I've ever seen is work colleagues leaving the bathroom with out washing their hands(which is still disgusting), but I'm living a sheltered life compared to OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I worked in fashion retail for 6 years, and jesus we had some doozies. Like a shítty nappy left in one changing room. Dirty underwear in another. People were CONSTANTLY handing us back garments that were knotted around the hanger (literally; stuff like t-shirts, vest tops etc, not even fancy tops with strings or anything). I actually had to cut a top out once due to its knotted state.

We also had that rule of "no more than 4 items at one time" per changing room- like most places. We would happily hold excess items at the door for them and swap them over when needed. I remember one BINT shouting that that rule was illegal, how she'd never come across it in her life before etc. I told her I'd been in Tophop that week and had to abide by it then. Silly rude cow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭barry711

I work in a busy department store where I work in the fitting rooms most of the time. I'm pretty used to people trying stuff on then firing it back at me inside out, unzipped etc. It's part of my job to tidy up the clothes that come out, run around looking for sizes and have to see naked old ladies wandering around :p but today I couldn't help but just get so annoyed at people in general.

Nearly every second person was literally throwing piles of clothes rolled up in a ball at me and leaving the hangers back down in their dressing room. Then a lady shouts at me because of the long queue even though the dressing rooms are full. Then a guy tries to go down into his girlfriend in the dressing room when men aren't allowed in (I have to tell him to get out or I get in s**t off the management) and he goes mental at me and throws more clothes at me and says I've lost a sale. To top it all off a lady hands me back a pair of trousers then runs out only for me to then realise that she had puked in the pocket of them. No joke.

This is only the tip of the iceberg of what goes on in work and I know, I get paid to do all this with a smile..but come on...manners cost nothing and who THROWS UP in a pair of trousers?? :confused::confused::confused:

Jaysus, god love ya. And they say nurses have it hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,329 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I used to have to work with the public and it was the best and worst part of the job. You got to meet and talk to some lovely seriously cool people. And then there's the rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I get more verbal abuse in my job that having stuff thrown at me, but I get what you mean :mad: retail jobs suck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

guess who had to fish it out..
    I hope it was this guy, adding poo to the equation would surely end in death from laughing.

This thread is making me very sad, and is severely shaking my faith in humanity :(
    See this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I always take note of the way the clothes are hung/folded before I try them on and then try to replicate it if I'm not buying them.

I dunno what it is, but I'd say I probably take more care of the clothes I don't buy in the shops than the clothes in my wardrobe :o

I don't defecate in either though, thankfully.

dirtyden wrote: »
    Surely people dont try on underwear? I would have thought shops like la senza would not have changing rooms (although if they do id love the CCTV footage).

You can try on the bras. Some places let you try on certain types of underwear if you wear your own underneath it. Always wash underwear that's not in a packet after you buy it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭crapmanjoe

A guy tried to go down on his girlfriend in the dressing room!!?? Pics or Gtfo

Ha - I read it that way the first time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Starla_o0 wrote: »
    You can try on the bras. Some places let you try on certain types of underwear if you wear your own underneath it. Always wash underwear that's not in a packet after you buy it!!

Apparently you should always wash new clothes before you wear them anyway. Probably a good habit to get into.

I however, can never resist wearing a new shirt/jeans or whatever as soon as I buy them. :p

Advertisement