Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small tattoo

Options
  • 09-08-2012 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'd like to get a small tattoo in Limerick but I've been told at a couple of places that they have a base rate of €50, which is a crazy amount for the tiny one that I want. Can anyone recommend anywhere cheaper than that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

All reputable studios have a minimum charge around that mark. It covers needles, ink, artists time etc.. If you get a cheap tattoo, you'll get a crap tattoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

There are places which will try rip you off, even quite reputable ones. however €50 minimum is pretty standard and reasonable (and as relish said there's a reason for it). I think if you now the artist is good and will give you a tattoo you like money shouldn't be the biggest factor. Take it into account but do not pick an artist based on the price. I know it's a cliche but good tattoos aren't cheap and cheap tattoos aren't good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

How much are you willing to spend? €50 is very reasonable as a minimum charge, ask around Dublin studios and you'll be delighted with the prices in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

I think that 50 euro is a standard min price across the city! i dont know any artist that would do work for less!! To be honest price should be the last thing to worry about when getting a tattoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 EmeraldMan

I think theres some lad out in Southhill that has a €10 minimum charge. He has a 'pure rapid' set-up down in the garden shed I've heard. Expect a discount if you arrive on with a few DutchGold to share.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 relish22

I've gotten a couple in Scotland and was charged £25 so i presumed it'd be around €35 here. I didn't realise €50 was standard so i thought there'd be a decent place to do it cheaper :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

just about everything is cheaper in the uk.

also, how much were your shoes? how long will they last you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

depends where you are in the UK. I was over recently and the standard minimum in Camden was £40.
    EmeraldMan wrote: »
    I think theres some lad out in Southhill that has a €10 minimum charge. He has a 'pure rapid' set-up down in the garden shed I've heard. Expect a discount if you arrive on with a few DutchGold to share.

Bugger and I'm already booked in for my next one. Wish I'd known sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 EmeraldMan

His bodysuit deal is pretty much unbeatable.. only €100 per foot. i.e. if you're two feet tall it's only €200 for a bodysuit.. 7ft tall would be €700 etc etc..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭piercingdanny

50 euro minimum charge is pretty standard to be honest in most studio's. When you weigh that up against the cost of needles, tubes, studio running costs, insurance, electricity, rent, rates, tax e.t.c then there's not much left over as profit. Most studio's break even on minimum charge tattoos in the hope that you will be happy with the tattoo and service and come back as a repeat customer and get something bigger or reccomend them to your friends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Shinato

50 is generally the deposit on all tattoos, no matter on the size/use of colour. Maybe have a shop around for a good place but don't go for value with a tattoo because it could carry disastrous results.

Advertisement