Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are te possible ways of legally working on USA?

Options
  • 10-08-2012 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

It's always been a big dream of mine to live in America but I know deep down that it's not easy to get residency so I kind of agreed to myself a few years back that I'd be happy with 3 years and then moving back home permanently.

Ive recently been researching any possible avenue as I'll be graduating from my masters in a year and I'm starting to see that this dream is looking less and less likely and I'm so disappointed.

Ive heard of so many people who got out there, e.g. my aunt and uncle got visas back in the 90s through some scheme that was run at the time. My cousin is also over there however I'm not very close to her so dot know the exact details but as far as I know she's there for three years as an actress but really working as a waitress??

Ive searched through the official website but I'm not finding it very user friendly and was wondering if anyone can clarify this for me, are there just some visas I'm missing by any chance?

I've been trying the diversity lotto but I know the chances are slim, I'll be working as a physiotherapist so no real skills that make me stand out either.

Are there any visas that let you in if you can prove you have money to support yourself? I have €20000 saved in my account ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

If you're graduating next year, I would suggest taking a look at the 1 year IWT visa. Its available to recent graduates and can give you the opportunity to get your foot in the door and see what other visas are available to you (like the H1B etc).

There's more information here.

Advertisement