Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The hate (heat) is back and I hate it!

• 10-08-2012 1:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭

1am, 20 degrees, not a breeze to be had, work at 7, summer insomnia and I'm fúkin suffocating :mad:

That is all.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

In vegas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Shut up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭boogle

Jaysus we deserve the crap weather we get in this country with the amount of whingeing eegits we get whenever the temperature goes into the high teens!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

No way is it 20 degrees at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

boogle wrote: »
    Jaysus we deserve the crap weather we get in this country with the amount of whingeing eegits we get whenever the temperature goes into the high teens!

Ah, you'd love a few high teens I'd say...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Sitec wrote: »

Its after midnight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

csi vegas wrote: »
    summer insomnia and I'm fúkin suffocating

I learned something new today.

1 tablespoon of ground nutmeg puts you to sleep,

3 tablespoons gets you high,

And 5+ tablespoons will kill you.

Have fun OP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Diego Maradona

Agree OP, tis a pain trying to sleep in this heat and I can't even open a window because I'd be invaded by every moth in the place.

Wish it could be hot during the day and cold during the night.

I speak the truth. Check BBC/Yahoo weather or similar.

Agree OP, tis a pain trying to sleep in this heat and I can't even open a window because I'd be invaded by every moth in the place.

Yeah - what the fúck is UP with that?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

1am, 20 degrees, not a breeze to be had, work at 7, summer insomnia and I'm fúkin suffocating :mad:

That is all.
    Sleep in a cold bath.

1ZRed wrote: »

Have fun OP!

5+ seems a pretty attractive option right now...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

So you cant open the window and still lock it,so that it lets air in but still apppears closed from the outside????

All modern windows have this feature

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Have fun OP!

Tried it in 08, didnt work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Diego Maradona

paddy147 wrote: »
    So you cant open the window and still lock it,so that it lets air in but still apppears closed from the outside????

Erm....

This is a moth https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnN2TUbdNxJkdWPTSurpd4ZfPPXywnlHQYVdKPi-7cjPURmIlOdA

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Johro wrote: »
    Sleep in a cold bath.

Considered for evaluation.

I've actually been spending quite a bit of time just standing on the bathroom floor to cool my feet. Pedestal fan doing 90 but still no joy.

paddy147 wrote: »

It doesn't seem to deter modern moths and midges.

syndeyfife wrote: »

Yes but have you had it on microwave-zapped banana skins???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

syndeyfife wrote: »

Balls! Don't have ground nutmeg but we have the whole nut ones in. Brought out the cheese grater and all hoping for the best :p

• Advertisement

:eek: JEEBUS! :eek: Is he YOURS??? You can KEEP him!

Considered for evaluation.

I've actually been spending quite a bit of time just standing on the bathroom floor to cool my feet. Pedestal fan doing 90 but still no joy.
    I got some cheap fly screen mesh from Aldi I think it was, and stapled it to a thin wooden frame the size of the opening part of the bedroom window, well.. about an inch or so bigger all round, and stuck some velcro dots on window frame and flyscreen frame. Now I open bedroom window wide, slap on the screen and go to sleep feeling the breeze on my co... face.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OMARS_COMING_

What you do is open the window and let all the little flys and moths in,get as many as you can in the room.If you have a few thousand of them then what happens is they fly around the room flapping their wings and this causes the room to cool down by a few degrees.

I got some cheap fly screen mesh from Aldi I think it was, and stapled it to a thin wooden frame the size of the opening part of the bedroom window, well.. about an inch or so bigger all round, and stuck some velcro dots on window frame and flyscreen frame. Now I open bedroom window wide, slap on the screen and go to sleep feeling the breeze on my co... face.

Where you from? You sexy thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Irish summers suck, our spring and autumn is nice, summer is sh1te, its not nice dry heat its humid crap. have the fan in my room blasting at the mo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Shut up. Its like the 4th day this year with semi-decent weather we have had. Soak it up before we go back to the depressing overcast and rain until next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

**** nutmeg.

i will not put up with it even in minute amounts. anymore.

Lot of people here with nutmeg issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Lot of people here with nutmeg issues.

nutmeg will give you issues

• Advertisement

nutmeg will give you issues
    I'm not arguing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,762 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Next week its back to the wind and rain which I find alot more depressing :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

The humidity.. dear god...

I'm dying. Halp me.

Birdnuts wrote: »
    Next week its back to the wind and rain which I find alot more depressing :(

Yes but you forgot one major point - THE HATE. It will be there in combination. And what it will do is dry up the rain so rapidly that the piss (actual piss) on the street will evapourate in steamy, smelly little puffs of mist, up off the pavement and onto your nice new summer Clarks.

Next week its back to the wind and rain which I find alot more depressing satisfying.

I speak the truth. Check BBC/Yahoo weather or similar.

I did it's 13 degrees.

Yes but you forgot one major point - THE HATE. It will be there in combination. And what it will do is dry up the rain so rapidly that the piss (actual piss) on the street will evapourate in steamy, smelly little puffs of mist, up off the pavement and onto your nice new summer Clarks.

Next week its back to the wind and rain which I find alot more depressing satisfying.
    Ah, well, I'm in the country. We don't have streets. We do have the odd stretch of what the council call 'roads'. :pac:The humidity can get fairly sticky alright, but not so bad out here.

• Advertisement

I did it's 13 degrees.

What, in your summer residence by the sea? White shutters flapping nicely in the breeze?
    :-)
    Wherever you are I will find you and I won't leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭Riddle101

When I read the OP, this is what I thought of. Except it would be in Ireland.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    When I read the OP, this is what I thought of. Except it would be in Ireland.

stop STOP :eek: I think I'll go to hospital now, no it's hot there - I'll break in to a fish factory, lots of ice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Heat with a breeze, lovely.

This dead, muggy, stuffy heat. Piss off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭chasm

Or you could have just bought the fly screen mesh from lidl - they provided sticky-back velcro strips that you stick around the window frame and you just attach the mesh to it ;). Have it on my sittingroom window and it's great stuff :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I really can't understand this, 20 degrees is a very very comfortable temperature regardless of where in the world you're from.

I don't mean to be rude but does carrying a lot of extra weight make it more difficult to cool down?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Beckles

Don't complain about it. You'll scare it away.

Have fun OP!

Tried it 10 mins ago and nothing.

Oh **** hold on....

What, in your summer residence by the sea? White shutters flapping nicely in the breeze?

It was 21 degrees during the day and it's 12 tonight. There's two numbers in the forecast, one for day one for night. Google "Current temperature Dublin" etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,903 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

24 degrees and blue skies in winter here today, you don't know what heat is OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Toxic7

After months of rain...
    Its a godsend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

you quote the BBC?!

Here was the met.ie forecast last night
    met.ie wrote:
    Tonight

Mild and close overnight with mist and fog becoming widespread again, but otherwise dry. Lowest temperatures of 10 to 15 degrees in little or no wind.

OR our own boards meteorologist
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=80141227&postcount=2580
    TONIGHT ... Clear skies may give way to low cloud and mist again, mild with lows about 13-16 C for most places, could fall to 10 C in some valleys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

That is all.

You whimpering milksop. Hand over your man card. I've slept in 40C and still had a blanket on.

I used to hate anything in the 20's cause it was too hot and now I find it freezing if it hits 20..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

20 = heat :eek: Sure you don't have a fever or the sweats?

I would still have a top on over my t-shirt when its 20.

• Advertisement
Advertisement