Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The hate (heat) is back and I hate it!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

It's too warm. Panda is all clammy. I hate this dead heat and can't wait for winter.Roll on winter

Who else loves the dark nights and chill of winter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭xxyyxx

I like the winter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

It's too warm. Panda is all clammy. I hate this dead heat and can't wait for winter.Roll on winter

I too am a creature of darkness. The chill cuts down on my flashing hobby, but other than that, I prefer it to Summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Is everyone going to start a thread on how hot it is?

There's a nice breeze tonight you'll be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Batman nerds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

FFS we get a few days of summer and people start whining like bitches about it. I hope it lasts for another 12 months and you all melt into little puddles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

I agree, this heat is a killer - I can't wait for dark evenings and frost. Cute panda pic, you get a tummy rub for that :p.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Bloody hell, everyones winging that we have had no summer, and you finally get a few nice days, and people are still not happy.

Dont worry OP, its going to p!ss down on sunday.

:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

I'd love a bitta snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

What's worse than the heat? Maybe the hundreds of tiny insects flying in the window that are probably going to lay eggs in my flesh while I sleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

air conditioning has become my best friend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I'd hardly call the current temperature of 14 degrees as troublesome heat.
    Add another 10 degrees onto it and I might have some sympathy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

later12 wrote: »
    I'd love a bitta snow.
    Here ya go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,751 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

It's too warm. Panda is all clammy.

Did you get sunburned today or are you drunk or otherwise excited? It's about 13C at the moment in most of Ireland. Not too warm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭sgb

If you were off on holiday to Spain or similar you would be pretty disappointed if the temperature was 21C, here in Ireland "very warm"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Hot, can't breathe, make it stop. Water. Must get water. Oh look, Beer!. Forget the water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

lightweights!

(all got ginger tops and freckles or summit?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Jesus wept, I'd hate to see some of the people on here live in a country where it's genuinely hot in Summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

its very warm, my neck got burned in courtown today and ive terrible bagpeel. time to dangle my bollox over a basin of steaming water to 'cleanse' them

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I'd hardly call the current temperature of 14 degrees as troublesome heat.
    Add another 10 degrees onto it and I might have some sympathy.

Add another twenty and I'd have sympathy

In the high 30s/low forties, you at least have aircon, but wake up freezing at 3am :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Ahh, the snow song, I feel nice and cool now. No more humidity as the snow falls.

Hot-humid weather is for parasites, and they do manifest acclumpedly in this weather so Let it snow let it snow let it snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭LoYL

Panda, how did you lose your teeth? Were you in prison in the USA? Maybe it was just chewin the oul bamboo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 464 ✭✭Marcin_diy

I don't like winter time, but specially for you I hope we will have proper winter in the dark months with a meter of snow and minus 35c* for 3 months, so we can drive from Irealnd to UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Too fecking warm

It's August and summer is over, Autumn now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

It's all fun and games until you literally have to peel your bollox from your leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

I got sunburnt and I am on the rag ouch.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Factor 50 and not sunbathing are your friends :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i saw a red flag today as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

CJC999 wrote: »
    FFS we get a few days of summer and people start whining like bitches about it. I hope it lasts for another 12 months and you all melt into little puddles.

You know that's not going to happen, though. Right?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

How long before the councils and dirty Phil Hogan start threatening us about reservoirs and we are using too much

The current crop of politicans just love to give threats :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

Quit your complaining, at least we have something to moan about!

Stheno wrote: »
    Factor 50 and not sunbathing are your friends :)
    Factor 50 and some sort of popular lady-remedy/absorbent feminine product are your real friends. Not sunbathing is pretty much a given. It's Ireland, who the feck sunbathes in Ireland? Apart from in D4, where it is compulsory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Whether or not the weather is good depends on whether or not you have a good constitution.

Yeah, I got a pic of you earlier on on malahide beach, wow you got hit bad. Still you could look worse. :pac::pac:

Peeling and bleeding... Ouch

zenno wrote: »
    Yeah, I got a pic of you earlier on on malahide beach, wow you got hit bad. Still you could look worse. :pac::pac:

Morto tis meself indeed.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Frynge wrote: »
    air conditioning has become my best friend

rain forest murderer, panda killer, whale destroyer, ozone fiend, global temperature fiddler, icecap melter... damn you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

zenno wrote: »

She looks like a superhero. Should let it burn in a little bit more & you've got yourself a costume right there.

• Advertisement

Dya remember that film the english patient?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Today was an absolute ride of a day in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

chasm wrote: »
    Or you could have just bought the fly screen mesh from lidl - they provided sticky-back velcro strips that you stick around the window frame and you just attach the mesh to it ;). Have it on my sittingroom window and it's great stuff :)
    Yeah I know the stuff, I like the wooden frame thingy though. Looks better. I'm a bit OCD about how things look.

Yes?

Morto tis meself indeed.:D
    Nice hair. just saying like..

Can I get away with saying I lied about everything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

piss off to Norway for Polar night if you love dark nights and chill of winter! I say you would jizz yourself at the thought of 24 hours of darkness and cold weather...

nbar12 wrote: »

piss off to Norway for Polar night if you love dark nights and chill of winter! I say you would jizz yourself at the thought of 24 hours of darkness and cold weather...

Sounds like good sleeping

Yes I remember it well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Today was the best day so far.

29 degrees and a nice breeze with it.

Nice tonight as well.

Oh yeah, threads merged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

spent the entire day at the beach today, more of the same tomorrow hopefully.

not sure why anyone would be complaining about a few days of sunshine after the weeks of rain weve had up until now!

• Advertisement
Advertisement