Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fall dashboard preview....

Options
  • 10-08-2012 1:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭

where is the other thread gone? Search didn't find it :confused:

Anyway did anyone get an update there? Seems to have added "play to" functionality but I dont have an iPhone. Basically lets you stream to the xbox from what I gather.

@mods was the other thread closed or did the crappy search just fail again :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

calex71 wrote: »

Anyway did anyone get an update there? Seems to have added "play to" functionality but I dont have an iPhone. Basically lets you stream to the xbox from what I gather.

@mods was the other thread closed or did the crappy search just fail again :confused:

Yeah noticed that gone too, I assumed it was removed due to the legalities of the NDA that users agreed to?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

EnterNow wrote: »

Yeah noticed that gone too, I assumed it was removed due to the legalities of the NDA that users agreed to?

Hmm...

I hope it will work with Android....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Fancte=Fieldog;80162310]

Hmm...

I hope it will work with Android....[/Quote]

It will. Microsoft did say that that will make it available to access on most of your existing devices. Android Xbox live app seems to be lagging behind .

If I'm right should normal DLNA streaming apps just not work?

Whats the idea behind the Android integration? Is it solely to use as a remote control?

Whats the idea behind the Android integration? Is it solely to use as a remote control?

It can be used as a remote. Though the main function is to use it as a media extender. Look up smart glass on youtube. That's what their aiming for. If you seen the Wii U its like that mostly. Only you don't need extra hardware, were gonna be using the devices we already own

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Got another update today, not sure whats new, the avatars on the friends section seems a hell of a lot quicker to load now and they made the number showing how many are on line bigger on the social tab.

We seem to have got access to the sales and specials app now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Registration open again http://t.co/CHUqYHsp

I noticed the thread I made mysteriously disappeared too.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The thread was removed because people were openly discussing the update (which went against the NDA and could have got Boards in trouble).

How long does it take to get your console registration codes, so you can redeem on the console & get the beta dash? I've registered there but no link to the codes yet

How long does it take to get your console registration codes, so you can redeem on the console & get the beta dash? I've registered there but no link to the codes yet

I registered. Sent the app to the download que. It analysed my Xbox and in two days I got a prompted to an update

• Advertisement

I registered. Sent the app to the download que. It analysed my Xbox and in two days I got a prompted to an update

Did you have to redeem a code to get the app? Or did it just appear as available to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

theyre not up yet
    To optimize registration for users, product keys for console registration will be available shortly. Once product keys are available, you will see the link for them on the left-hand side of this site. If you already have a Product Key, you can proceed with registering your console. Thanks for signing up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Schorpio

You have to redeem a product key. "Redeem Product Key" or something along those lines appears as an option on the left hand side of the Microsoft Connect site when the key is available.

Codes are available now, I installed the app & ran it so just a matter of waiting now. When is the retail version of this dash due for release?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭beardo81

Anyone know if this will affect online play and the Sky app as it did previously?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

beardo81 wrote: »
    Anyone know if this will affect online play and the Sky app as it did previously?
    It did?

Meesared wrote: »
    It did?

This was one I was in about 2 years ago, I haven't been in one since. All good then since?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Seems to be working ok for me, was on it a few days ago!

Is that the new one with internet explorer on the dash? Signed up this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Is that the new one with internet explorer on the dash? Signed up this morning!

Where do u sign up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Downloaded the pre-app and have to wait a couple of days and see what happens! I only signed up so I could use Internet Explorer on it.

Downloaded the pre-app and have to wait a couple of days and see what happens! I only signed up so I could use Internet Explorer on it.

Dont worry, you won't be using it all that much, its not the may west....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

Since downloading the app for the fall preview, none of my installed apps are working correctly...youtube, muzu, dailymotion etc? Anyone else facing a similar issue?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Yay or ney to installing this? Got my code.

Tinie wrote: »
    Yay or ney to installing this? Got my code.

Yay....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Using it now to post this.

i must say i really like it! a few new ways of moving around the page to get use and the onscreen keys are huge to but if your using a keybord you wont need it and its just like win 8 but much more slick.

god's toy wrote: »
    Using it now to post this.

i must say i really like it! a few new ways of moving around the page to get use and the onscreen keys are huge to but if your using a keybord you wont need it and its just like win 8 but much more slick.

I picked up a chatpad for little or nothign on adverts, makes inputting text a whole lot easier than the joypad

I picked up a chatpad for little or nothign on adverts, makes inputting text a whole lot easier than the joypad

Yep just pulled mine out from the box-o-crap and have found it works very welll.

Do you (or anyone) know if you can have a 2nd xbox on the same account?
    would be only using one at a time but would want one in the office and one in the bedroom ... no big deal if i have to get a 2nd gold card but dont know if ms allow it or not.

god's toy wrote: »
    Yep just pulled mine out from the box-o-crap and have found it works very welll.

Do you (or anyone) know if you can have a 2nd xbox on the same account?
    would be only using one at a time but would want one in the office and one in the bedroom ... no big deal if i have to get a 2nd gold card but dont know if ms allow it or not.

Yeah I recently posed the same question on this forum. If you transfer the profile to a usb stick, you ca then 'roam' with the profile & sign ito it on any xbox (you obviously ned the xbl password that goes with the account)

• Advertisement

Cool! Will try that out later.

Advertisement