Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fall dashboard preview....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

god's toy wrote: »
    Yep just pulled mine out from the box-o-crap and have found it works very welll.

Do you (or anyone) know if you can have a 2nd xbox on the same account?
    would be only using one at a time but would want one in the office and one in the bedroom ... no big deal if i have to get a 2nd gold card but dont know if ms allow it or not.

You can add up to 3 consoles on it apparently....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Schorpio

EnterNow wrote: »
    Yeah I recently posed the same question on this forum. If you transfer the profile to a usb stick, you ca then 'roam' with the profile & sign ito it on any xbox (you obviously ned the xbl password that goes with the account)

If the 2nd xbox is connected to the net then there's no need to transfer your profile to the usb stick, you can just sign into your profile with your email address and password. However, you can only be signed in on one xbox at a time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Schorpio wrote: »
    If the 2nd xbox is connected to the net then there's no need to transfer your profile to the usb stick, you can just sign into your profile with your email address and password. However, you can only be signed in on one xbox at a time.

True but I prefer the USB way for my son so he doesn't know the password, I just tick 'remember password on this console'

Got my key, will input later.
    Did someone post you can use this key on 2 xbox's if you have them in the same house?

RVP 11 wrote: »
    Got my key, will input later.
    Did someone post you can use this key on 2 xbox's if you have them in the same house?

Is this dash not released to the public now? Or is it still in beta

• Advertisement

Is this dash not released to the public now? Or is it still in beta

Still Beta, they've just opened it up again to more users, 500k this time AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

RVP 11 wrote: »
    Still Beta, they've just opened it up again to more users, 500k this time AFAIK
    Still beta, will be for another while

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Just got the Beta. Internet Explorer doesn't support Flash so can't watch any video. Really disappointing cos the browser does seem to be fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

Has anybody been able to get the SmartGlass app for their smartphones?

Can't track down a .apk for my Galaxy Nexus.

There isnt one for Android yet, and yes the lack of flash isnt surprising at all given that it would result in many many security holes

• Advertisement

Is it likely there'll be a solution available at some stage, to allow videos on youtube etc?

It does support HTML5 so sites that support HTML 5 should work in the built in browser

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Is it too late to sign up for the beta?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Schorpio

Yeah, the youtube site works using html5. Videos were a bit jerky at first before settling down, but I haven't checked in a few weeks since I first got the beta so maybe MS have fixed that now. Can't see flash ever making an appearance tbh, esp with the current surge towards html5

Will you be able to use Internet Explorer on a Silver account? I found out lately to my disgust that apps like youtube only work with Gold accounts, so it'll be interesting to see if you can just get around that problem by using IE....

Schorpio wrote: »
    Yeah, the youtube site works using html5. Videos were a bit jerky at first before settling down, but I haven't checked in a few weeks since I first got the beta so maybe MS have fixed that now. Can't see flash ever making an appearance tbh, esp with the current surge towards html5

Will you be able to use Internet Explorer on a Silver account? I found out lately to my disgust that apps like youtube only work with Gold accounts, so it'll be interesting to see if you can just get around that problem by using IE....
    Nope you need Gold for IE, iPlayer is the only app that doesnt

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Has anybody been able to get the SmartGlass app for their smartphones?

Can't track down a .apk for my Galaxy Nexus.

There is no SmartGlass yet. Only Xbox Companion for Windows Phone and iPhone.

SmartGlass will be brought out later..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Anyone have any issues with Wifi with the update. Before the update I had 3 bars on my wifi now it can't see it.. See's the other networks but not the one it was connected to before the update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

unklerosco wrote: »
    Anyone have any issues with Wifi with the update. Before the update I had 3 bars on my wifi now it can't see it.. See's the other networks but not the one it was connected to before the update.

Funny you should say that , as I was having issues last night and thursday night, and was convinced it was my broadband but other devices didn't seem to be effected.

I had the same thing when running network test, not seeing any bars on signal, yet im only about 2.5m above it (the router). The weird thing was when I checked the DNS settings on the xbox it was set to 192.111.98.3 :confused: Not sure where it got that address from.

All seems ok now though, but on both occasions this has happened me in the evening time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I don't have that problem.. I've another router on the same network and it can see that signal, joined it but it's crazy slow... Netflix and sky are unusable. I've another Xbox that isn't on the beta and is further away from both routers and it works on both networks fine...

Is there a way of removing the beta?

unklerosco wrote: »
    I don't have that problem.. I've another router on the same network and it can see that signal, joined it but it's crazy slow... Netflix and sky are unusable. I've another Xbox that isn't on the beta and is further away from both routers and it works on both networks fine...

Is there a way of removing the beta?
    nope

• Advertisement

I hope you've all provided feedback about the wireless signal so? Because, that's the whole point of beta testing something

Damn right.
    You get access to a special forum on Xbox.com to give feedback about these things.
    Complaining about them here will do feck all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Actually I found getting access to the forums to be the hardest part of the beta so far.

Actually I found getting access to the forums to be the hardest part of the beta so far.

It takes 2 days or so to get acess after you get the beta.
    I got in after a few days.
    Do you have the link to the forum?
    http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/live_update_fall_2012/default.aspx
    You must sign in first then click this link again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

yeah I cant get onto the forum either and have updated to the beta!

Cant play with guest account on my co op games since, pain in the a**e!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

It takes 2 days or so to get acess after you get the beta.
    I got in after a few days.
    Do you have the link to the forum?
    http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/live_update_fall_2012/default.aspx
    You must sign in first then click this link again.

ah I have access now it just took a good bit longer then 2 days for me. Actually for some reason at one point I could access it from IE on the xbox but not on an actual PC for another day or so

ah I have access now it just took a good bit longer then 2 days for me. Actually for some reason at one point I could access it from IE on the xbox but not on an actual PC for another day or so

Strange, that would suggest they know which device is accessing it too.

srumball wrote: »
    Cant play with guest account on my co op games since, pain in the a**e!!

Actually my son was complaining yesterday that he couldn't let his friend join as a second player in Minecraft. When his friend who was sitting beside him on the same console would try sign into a guest/p2 account, the console would sign out of live or something.

Is that the same issue, & related to a beta dash?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Is that the same issue, & related to a beta dash?

As far as I can find out yes people are having issues with guest accounts after the update, but I cant get onto the Beta forum to find any info, maybe one of the chaps here could help if they have access to the Beta forum

• Advertisement

srumball wrote: »
    As far as I can find out yes people are having issues with guest accounts after the update, but I cant get onto the Beta forum to find any info, maybe one of the chaps here could help if they have access to the Beta forum

I can't access it either, because apparently the age set on the account is too young. Never heard as much nonsense in all my life. They'll let a 9 year old beta test a dash though :rolleyes:

Think when the year is up on his current account, I'll make his UK account Gold & use that instead with my age & details on it

Advertisement