Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fall dashboard preview....

Options

Comments

srumball wrote: »
    As far as I can find out yes people are having issues with guest accounts after the update, but I cant get onto the Beta forum to find any info, maybe one of the chaps here could help if they have access to the Beta forum

There is a thread on there with 116 posts in it about the same issue.
    MS are aware of it.
    EDIT: I did get a dashboard update last night, and its being reported that it fixed it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

There is a thread on there with 116 posts in it about the same issue.
    MS are aware of it.
    I did get a dashboard update last night, and its being reported that it fixed it!!!

Just had him try it there, it's working now. Happy days :) Same as yourself a new update was pushed to the console there this morning so that must be it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Ah brilliant, thanks guys!!

Hopefully will be on the forum soon, texted the misses to get the new update installed for when im home. She loves a good wager match she does

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Little annoyed with this now tbh, everytime I turn on my Xbox there's an update it seems

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Little annoyed with this now tbh, everytime I turn on my Xbox there's an update it seems

That's the whole point of being a beta tester, updates will be frequent as they find and fix bugs that are reported.
    I get all excited when there is an update, like as if my Xbox is gonna talk to me next.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

That's the whole point of being a beta tester, updates will be frequent as they find and fix bugs that are reported.
    I get all excited when there is an update, like as if my Xbox is gonna talk to me next.:pac:

I realised there would be some updates but I just thought they'd be somewhat more condensed, and I am the only one for whom they're painfully slow?

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    I realised there would be some updates but I just thought they'd be somewhat more condensed, and I am the only one for whom they're painfully slow?

Well I have 128mb download and even then they aren't as fast as my pc.
    I think the xbox itself has piss poor nic 10/100

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Love the internet explorer on it but it really needs flash. If that happened it would be lethal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Looks like the new dashboard is rolling out, I was prompted to update when I connected to XBL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭EchoO

justryan wrote: »
    Looks like the new dashboard is rolling out, I was prompted to update when I connected to XBL

I'm still waiting for it.

• Advertisement

That's weird the dashboard version number didn't increase and there are no obvious changes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

That's weird the dashboard version number didn't increase and there are no obvious changes

Pins? Internet explorer? Fonts changed slightly, more boxes in the home screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

I'm sure theyre talking about changes from one beta update to the next.....

srumball wrote: »

Pins? Internet explorer? Fonts changed slightly, more boxes in the home screen?

Nope none of that, its the same dashboard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Are you talking about a retail dash? Maybe it's just a minor security update or something, not warranting a new increment number?

EnterNow wrote: »

Are you talking about a retail dash? Maybe it's just a minor security update or something, not warranting a new increment number?

Yep it's the retail dashboard, that's what I was thinking a minor security update strange that no one else got it.

Did you change hard drive or storage device lately?

Meesared wrote: »
    Did you change hard drive or storage device lately?

Yeah actually I swapped the hdd for another and downloaded my profile

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Gomer Pyle

Anyone playing Happy Wars on beta.

15 vs 15 battle where you can be a warrior, mage or cleric.

Its pretty fun but very buggy. It freezes the console completely anytime they are updating stuff

Yep there you go, parts of the dashboard are saved to your storage device

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Gomer Pyle wrote: »
    Anyone playing Happy Wars on beta.

15 vs 15 battle where you can be a warrior, mage or cleric.

Its pretty fun but very buggy. It freezes the console completely anytime they are updating stuff

Played it the other night, was a bit annoying at times with glitches, but pretty good otherwise...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Anyone having any problems with the sky app, 4od or netflix since installing the beta?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Netflix and 4oD have been working fine for me.

zero19 wrote: »

Just checked again, netflix working again, but 4od content unavailable and sky encounters an error everytime. Oh well.

foxerv1 wrote: »
    zero19 wrote: »

Just checked again, netflix working again, but 4od content unavailable and sky encounters an error everytime. Oh well.

Did you change the DNS settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Is 4od available in Ireland hav sky and netflix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭EchoO

gotthebug wrote: »

Yeah, I have it. Not sure if it makes a difference - my Service provider is vodafone.

Did you change the DNS settings?
    nope, however the sky app works fine on the other xbox without the dash beta that may have a different DNS. I would assume it has to do woth the beta

EchoO wrote: »

Yeah, I have it. Not sure if it makes a difference - my Service provider is vodafone.
    I'm Vodafone 2 but not showing up anywhere is it new enough update

• Advertisement

EchoO wrote: »

I'm Vodafone 2 but not showing up anywhere is it new enough update
    Tis ok tanks found by setting up a UK account could get it and bbciplayer and demand 5 tanks for the comments though or would hav never found out

Advertisement