Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fall dashboard preview....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

gotthebug wrote: »
    Tis ok tanks found by setting up a UK account could get it and bbciplayer and demand 5 tanks for the comments though or would hav never found out

Don't think the iplayer works, demand5 is hit and miss for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

It can work, I use it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

how do you get 4od and iPlayer working guys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I'm unable to change my 'locale' in the system settings, is that due to the Beta?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

EnterNow wrote: »
    I'm unable to change my 'locale' in the system settings, is that due to the Beta?

Noticed that myself.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

EnterNow wrote: »

you can change it,in system settings goto the bottom one i
    think its called setup xbox.
    and its in there,worked for me.
    doing this however will not let you use iplayer or damand5:(

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Remind me not to sign up for the beta next Fall Autumn unless it's radically different. Every second or third time I turn on my xbox, I'm being prompted to download another update (which takes 10-15 minutes). Pain in the ass. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Mr E wrote: »
    Remind me not to sign up for the beta next Fall Autumn unless it's radically different. Every second or third time I turn on my xbox, I'm being prompted to download another update (which takes 10-15 minutes). Pain in the ass. :o

15mins? Seems very long

That's the whole point of being a beta tester, frequent updates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

Not sure if this is the right thread but does anyone know when the browser will be available to download? not for beta testers, just in general..

• Advertisement

Not sure if this is the right thread but does anyone know when the browser will be available to download? not for beta testers, just in general..
    Not untill the new dash is out

Meesared wrote: »

and is there a release date for that?

Nope, not yet, they generally dont with these untill a few days before hand

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Every second or third time I turn on my xbox, I'm being prompted to download another update (which takes 10-15 minutes). Pain in the ass. :o

Might as well have a PS3 at that rate :D

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bastados

Meesared wrote: »

Experience has taught me it drops around the first ten days of Nov..but don't take that as read.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Did anyone else find that the latest update slows the dashboard down considerably, especially when exiting from an app back to home? Or is it just me?

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Did anyone else find that the latest update slows the dashboard down considerably, especially when exiting from an app back to home? Or is it just me?
    I haven't found it

Final dashboard launching today so its said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

foxerv1 wrote: »

Last update? It's been like that since the NXE dashboard for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bastados

calex71 wrote: »

Last update? It's been like that since the NXE dashboard for me :(
    truth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭shane.

is this the update with internet explorer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Shred

shane. wrote: »
    is this the update with internet explorer?

It is: http://mjr.mn/T6NEFm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

No flash with internet explorer is frustrating.

Well I wouldn't mind that so much if all HTML5 enabled websites worked rather than only some as per the beta (NDA null and void as the full release is being deployed). They surely have to have this sorted out in the full release?

Shred wrote: »
    Well I wouldn't mind that so much if all HTML5 enabled websites worked rather than only some as per the beta (NDA null and void as the full release is being deployed). They surely have to have this sorted out in the full release?
    IE9's HTML5 support is hit and miss so probably not

Lovely:(

myself and my buddy both got updates but mine looks the same after it and there is no browser, but he does have the browser. says there's no flash.

myself and my buddy both got updates but mine looks the same after it and there is no browser, but he does have the browser. says there's no flash.
    There was never going to be flash, it was never on the cards, you dont have the final update if it looks the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Hopefully flash will crawl up in a ball and die soon anyway, youtube is already in html 5 beta, flash/adobe announced (how committed they are to their guns is a question) they will no longer update for android, and given the rubbish performance of recent updates (last year or so) on low spec laptops /computers/ mobile devices their days are numbered hopefully.

Some ehem "sites" have already announced they will flaunt their compatibility with IE on xbox via HTML 5 :pac:

Having used it a wee bit over the last few months I can say IE .... once you have a chat pad is pretty decent.

The other new stuff like pinning is a waste and not worth bothering with, smart glass isn't available for android yet so can't comment on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

calex71 wrote: »
    Having used it a wee bit over the last few months I can say IE .... once you have a chat pad is pretty decent.

The other new stuff like pinning is a waste and not worth bothering with, smart glass isn't available for android yet so can't comment on that.

It's decent alright, not brilliant but a hell of a lot better then the one on the ps3.

Pinning is a completely wasted opportunity imo. There are so many useless tiles under every category which could be used to plant your favourites but I guess advertisements will always take priority unfortunately.

Advertisement