Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fall dashboard preview....

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

hightower1 wrote: »
    Well for a start they could spend all this time , money and effort on actual games instead of the paltry first party line up they have put out. Ya know, a little thing like actual games to play on the games console rather than having an apps console.

Ah for god sake the 360 has the best lineup of games of all the modern gen consoles. Don't expect anything better elsewhere :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

hightower1 wrote: »
    Well for a start they could spend all this time , money and effort on actual games instead of the paltry first party line up they have put out. Ya know, a little thing like actual games to play on the games console rather than having an apps console.

Im done with MS at this stage, they dont want gamers they want casuals more interested in apps rather than the true purpose of the machine. Come E3 they will 180 and put on a show saying they are focused on hardcore gaming ... up to the point where core gamers drive the cost of manufacturing down then they abandon them again for the casual cash cows. Im off to PC gaming, cause I actually want to play games.
    You seem to brush over the fact that Xbox is a branch of Microsoft that needs to make money. It is a business. They saw that the Wii had opened a market that wasn't there before so they've tried to turn it into a family machine and push the boundaries of the console to make more money. This is what companies do. They still make cracking games but mostly leave it up to 3rd party devs. Nothing wrong with this.

The issue here isn't really with the Xbox's direction. It's that you seem to have invested yourself emotionally in what is a massive multi-national company without understanding the realities of what massive multi-national companies do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

In fairness it was always a family entertainment device in my house, but since you tube came onto it, my younger kids are using it a lot more, plus Netflix, and minecraft. These are things I would not use too often, and for me I couldn't see them working on my console, but there you have it, in my case, my kids are using it. Also the Kinect its still getting used as a party piece, for young and old.

I can't see them using the music thing though, they all have there own music devices, so the xbox is not been used as a music centre.

I haven't notice any real change in the last update other then looking different.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

gotthebug wrote: »
    Any site to stream tv shows and films on the browser like project free tv

Did you/has anyone got an answer for this? Would save me downloading the shows and in some cases changing the files for them. Cheers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

UCD AFC wrote: »

Did you/has anyone got an answer for this? Would save me downloading the shows and in some cases changing the files for them. Cheers :D
    No no answer yet didn't spend much time looking gav to get a chatpad first but would be real handy if there was one I'm sure in time they will appear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭beardo81

Using it now on my phone. Not bad, I'd imagine it's better on a tablet though. What you think?
    god's toy wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Yea i like it. Love how it puts just the right information on the 2nd screen as you need it.
    Also love the mouse scroll and keyboard load up for netc stuff.

Over all its very well done!

Oh and this post was written by the. Phone app on the remote xbox.

Class

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭beardo81

Still can't pull up a keyboard on YouTube app, bit of a pain. Must get a chat pad but was hoping this would offer a solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

beardo81 wrote: »
    Using it now on my phone. Not bad, I'd imagine it's better on a tablet though. What you think?

I have it on my phones and it is working really smooth, its still not out on my Android tablet yet.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2012/10/26/xbox-smartglass-for-android-now-available
    Unfortunately, it looks like Android won't get a tablet-native version of SmartGlass any time soon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement