Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is life worth living after 35?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Seanchai

Is life worth living after 35?

No, because then you have to think about settling down and therefore dealing with all the shít you did when you were under 35 - the years wasted, the now recognised alcohol problem, the stupid decisions you've made, etc - in order to actually become a responsible adult for the first time in your life.

Fuck that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭OU812

They evolve into their final form

I'm 43 & still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. Look good, feel fit, apart from money I'm happier than I've ever been.

I loved turning 40, 41 was a bitch, total anti climax & a ****ty year, but since turning 42 I'm on the up again.

Life is good, enjoy it while you can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,464 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Colmustard wrote: »
    Fukcen No I agree with the Logan Run philosophy once you reach 35 a light flashes in your hand and you go to carousel to be reborn as a baby.

Its actually alright you still have your hopes dreams and an erection in the morning,

Is that your own erection or sombody elses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Seanchai

Ush1 wrote: »
    I'm actually looking forward to getting old.

I'm not looking forward to getting old, but I'm actually looking forward to getting older. It's a much calmer and more confident place than being in the head-wrecking early 20s.

Although having said that I heard of a (very popular) man in his late 50s who took his own life last week. It's usually only younger men who take their own lives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭alphabeat

when I grow up i'm going to bovine university

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

I think 35 is the maximum amount of years that a human can really enjoy life to the fullest,its all downhill from there.

Am i wrong?

So wrong.

44 years old. Happily married. Three kids. Great job. Great friends. Seven figures in the bank. Five bedroom house paid in full.

I'm wondering if you have any idea of what 'enjoy life to the fullest' really means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Getting old is cool, everyone's doing it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

You're only young...twice ;)

Make the most of what you have and you'll be fine!

Nobody wants to live to be 100 except the guy who is 99 :)
    (Change the numbers to suit your moment)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I think 35 is the maximum amount of years that a human can really enjoy life to the fullest,its all downhill from there.

Without a doubt, life only really starts to kick off once you've hit your thirties. And from my experience, it gets better with each passing year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Some people are always young, no matter how old they are. Just like some people are always old and never change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

So wrong.

44 years old. Happily married. Three kids. Great job. Great friends. Seven figures in the bank. Five bedroom house paid in full.

I'm wondering if you have any idea of what 'enjoy life to the fullest' really means.

7 figure sum!! Earned or won?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,464 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

CJC999 wrote: »
    7 figure sum!! Earned or won?

Envious or jealous?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

anncoates wrote: »
    Some people are always young, no matter how old they are. Just like some people are always old and never change.
    For sure ...

It's not like you suddenly hit your 40's and stop doing the things you love and enjoy .Hitting 35 is just the time to take stock of what you've done and learned from your own life experiences which will include some ( perhaps many) disappointments along the way ...that goes for everybody regardless of who they are .You also look around and see many happy 40 / 50 year old's who don't have to worry about all that peer pressure '' I must achieve so much '' thing anymore .

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

My wife is 36, must send her a link to this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Life after 35 is a torturous affair of back pain and doctors giving you pills for just saying hello to them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭bluecode

By the time you hit 35 you should have done everything you wanted at least once but mostly several times. But you're still young enough to do it all again and again and try new things. It's a good age.

On the other hand age 50 is when it starts to go bad. There are no positive sayings about turning fifty. People don't say; 'Life begins at fifty'. It's more like, life starts to go downhill at fifty. You might want to party but you get sleepy at ten o'clock, the Doctor has you on three tablets a day to keep you alive, you start to fancy older women and then you realise most of them are younger than you, but even if you're up for it they're not The eyesight goes. New devices, like phones and computers begin to baffle you. 35 year olds call you grandad. The stomach get bigger and the chins begin to mount up.

You can pretend you're not middle aged right through your forties but when you hit 50 you're suddenly eligible for all those 'over fifty' plans and holidays. The words 'elderly' and 'pensioner' begin to loom large in our future.

No 35 is a good age.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement