Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turtle Beach Headsets - Which One?

Options
  • 10-08-2012 2:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm thinking of purchasing one of the Turtle Beach headsets as both my Xbox and PS3 headsets are knackered. However, I'm not sure which one to get.

I'd like to be able to use it on both Xbox and PS3 (primarily Xbox if that makes any difference). Wired or wireless doesn't really bother me. Also, do I need to buy any other wires or parts/accessories along with the headset itself?

My budget could stretch to around €80-€100, although the cheaper the better! I see these PX21's available in Argos for just over €50 now, good offer or not?

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9392678/Trail/searchtext%3ETURTLE+BEACH/gotoTab/reviews.htm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

I have the px21's 18 months or so and have had no problems. They are a decent headset for the money but the build quality isn't the best, you just need to treat them with care.

Some of my mates have them and their mics crackle all the time,
    they cant hear their own mics hiss but they all do it
    very annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I have these not turtle beech, got them recently http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9048104/Trail/searchtext%3EXBOX.htm

Very happy with them, good sound but very sturdy and most importantly comfortable.

For those experiencing hissing on any head set connected with usb try switching the port it's connected to. Mine had a slight hiss and it vanished when I connected it to the front usb ports.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 dickdasterly

I bought the x11 set 2nd hand from EBay for around £15 1 year ago, it does everything I need it to do. Ok it not wireless but the sound both in and out is 100%.
    IMO I feel there all a bit over priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I'd recommend the Tritton's as well. I've these, which seem to have come down quite a bit.

Pros: Much better build quality
    Cons: Cable not as long

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Tritons are probably worst headset I have had and I have had several top end headsets!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Tritons are probably worst headset I have had and I have had several top end headsets!!!

I hardly think comparing a €50-100 headset to a top end headset is a fair comparison? Or maybe you are talking about the top end tritton's, which again, is not particularly helpful since they are not in the OPs price range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

PX21's are class Paully and perfect for Xbox and PS3 use.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

mcgovern wrote: »
    I hardly think comparing a €50-100 headset to a top end headset is a fair comparison? Or maybe you are talking about the top end tritton's, which again, is not particularly helpful since they are not in the OPs price range.

Have had the tritton ax 120 and 180 too terrible terrible quality tbh mic always big problems with tritton headsets. No point in giving chap bad advice re this subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Thehut.com has some good reductions on the Turtle Beach range today if any one is looking to buy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I have the X11s. I just can't use them. They drive me crazy because of the constant hissing noise in the background.

If you google "turtle beach x11 hissing" you'll probably see a lot of results from people complaining about the same problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

I had a set of Trittons, but the mic broke after about 2 weeks. Not saying they are all bad, but mine didnt last long. Replaced them with some Turtle Beach DPX21's which ive had for about two years with no issues. I would recommend the Turtle Beaches. Regarding the hissing...ive never had an issue with it...

Advertisement