Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Browsing issue

• 10-08-2012 9:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭

I am unable to browse any of the boards sites on my iPhone 4 running 5.1.1

Until yesterday I could view them in chrome and safari- now it won't load in either and I have had to download opera. It works in opera fine. I have tried hard resets, clearing cache etc and nothing will work.

I'm on 3 but I don't think it's a network issue because it works fine in opera.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Opera uses a special server to compress sites before you see them on screen, so basically you are getting the webpage through opera.com. Safari is more direct.

Have you tried on WiFi and on 3G?
    More info
    Opera Mini, with more than 50 million users worldwide, enables fast mobile Web browsing by compressing data by up to 90 percent before sending content to the device, resulting in significantly improved page loading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

TBi wrote: »
    Opera uses a special server to compress sites before you see them on screen, so basically you are getting the webpage through opera.com. Safari is more direct.

Have you tried on WiFi and on 3G?
    More info
    Opera Mini, with more than 50 million users worldwide, enables fast mobile Web browsing by compressing data by up to 90 percent before sending content to the device, resulting in significantly improved page loading.

Thanks for that. Don't have access to wifi to check. Seems others on 3 are experiencing the same issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭howardmarks

I'm on three. Same issue. It's definately 3 so. Thought it was my iPhone 4. Tried resets. I've a 3 dongle that's working albeit slow. That's how I'm able to post.
    My phone was disconnecting tether last night 2 and today accessing sites via safari is near non existent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

I'm having data issues on eMobile, could be unrelated though. I find i can only get data working again by power cycling the phone. Have you tried this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I'm on Three and have also been experiencing the same problem over the last day or so.
    Seems to have gone back to normal in the last hour or so though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Murky Waters

Problem explained HERE

Advertisement