Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eStatements - The Greener Banking Option

Options
  • 10-08-2012 9:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

We are delighted to announce to all our customers that you can now access eStatements on selected accounts through 365 Online, allowing you to view, print and download statements in PDF format at your own convenience.

eStatements are optional and in order to have access to them you will be required to register your mobile phone, which can be done on Banking365 online. An activation code will then be issued, which you will use to activate this new service on your account. Once registered to receive eStatements, your paper statement will no longer be issued. Just to let you know, if you have a joint account and you register for eStatements, you will receive eStatements, however, the other account holder will still receive a paper statement unless they also register for the facility.

There are many benefits of eStatements which include:
    • Better security - preventing your statements from being lost or stolen.
    • Convenience - get statements as they become available.
    • Kinder to the environment.

As always, we're very happy to hear about your eStatement views and experiences. If you have any feedback or questions, please let us know on this thread.

Thanks,
    Tara

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭cgc5483

Can we get Credit card statements by eStatement as well. Would be great but don't see an option. They are such a waste for me in paper form as I never even open them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Nice to have the option but I will continue with paper statements - much better especially with all the 'carry on' that goes on with bank's here in Ireland e.g. Ulster,AIB -shall I go on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi cgc5483,

At the moment you can only get current accounts and savings accounts by eStatements. We do not have a timeframe yet of when credit cards will be available but we will keep our customers posted.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Colm R

cgc5483 wrote: »
    Can we get Credit card statements by eStatement as well. Would be great but don't see an option. They are such a waste for me in paper form as I never even open them.

+1 I had all my paper statements put out to once a year, and now gone paperless, except for the annoying credit cards. Will these ever go paperless?

Hi Colm R,

There is plans for the credit cards to go paperless, although we do not have a timeframe yet. We will keep our customers notified.

Thanks
    Linda

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭rev2.0

Will BOI charge a fee should a customer who sgns up for this need printed statements sent out?
    E-statements are not generally accepted for loan applications etc

Hi rev2.0,

The fee that applies to duplicate statements will apply if a customer orders a copy in paper format rather then using the eStatements. The charge for copy statements is €3.80 for the first page and €2.50 for every page thereafter. There is no charge for an up to date statement.

You can order up to date statements by calling your branch or at a Bank of Ireland atm machine. If you are registered for Banking 365 you can also order an up to date statement through the automated service or with an agent in Banking 365.

You can order duplicated statements by calling your branch or an agent in Banking 365 on 0818 365 365.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Thank you for introducting this, it makes sense for both BOI and the customers.

One nice thing would be to allow eStatement customers one or 2 free ducplicates per year. These customer would still be cheaper to maintain than paper pased customers and it would be logical reward to let them have an "original" BOI statement for free once in a while shall them need it.

Hi Bob24,

Thank you for your feedback, I have passed on your suggestion to our eStatements team.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Thanks a lot. And was just a suggestion to reward customers which are saving Bank of Ireland money and time by not requested printed statements every time - but anyway overall the eStatment option is is very good to have and it is a great move from BoI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭rev2.0

Hi rev2.0,

The fee that applies to duplicate statements will apply if a customer orders a copy in paper format rather then using the eStatements. The charge for copy statements is €3.80 for the first page and €2.50 for every page thereafter.

I'll be sticking with my(free to me) paper statements so!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Dear BOI,

To conduct a "Money Laundering" check on new customers will you accept eStatements instead of originals or will these eStatements be considered unsuitable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭rcdk1

How long will the estatements remain online?

The Recent Transactions function on 365 Online will only allow you to query the previous year (i.e. today [14/08/2012] it won't let me see transactions on or before 13/08/2011). Will the estatements be the same (i.e. they expire after a year)?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭gasher

hi linda,

Just wondering the way thinks are if i have to claim any state benifets would a estatement pass even though it could be edited.Like if i was asked for bank details i doubt estatements would be valid, if they were i would sign up, just incase **** happens. would it be possible to clarify this nagging doubt.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

As BoI will be saving on paper and postage, will you be reducing fees for those who use eStatements? Fair is fair.

i doubt that would happen, they will charge us now when we need the original for the government or sumtin, nothing free in this ****hole

• Registered Users Posts: 38 MaryMaryMary

Can these e-statements be used for a mortgage application??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi Beer Baron and MaryMaryMary,
    Beer Baron wrote: »
    To conduct a "Money Laundering" check on new customers will you accept eStatements instead of originals
    Can these e-statements be used for a mortgage application??

BOI eStatements, along with e-bills/green bills, within six months of date of issue are acceptable as proof of address. However, Money Laundering documentation varies depending on the type of account you want to open so please check with your customer advisor beforehand.

Hi rcdk1,
    rcdk1 wrote: »
    How long will the estatements remain online?

eStatements will remain online for a period of seven years. You can find this and other FAQs here.

Hi gasher,
    gasher wrote: »
    Just wondering the way thinks are if i have to claim any state benifets would a estatement pass even though it could be edited.Like if i was asked for bank details i doubt estatements would be valid

This will depend on the government department, or service provider for example, as to whether or not their policy is to accept eStatements.

Hi MadsL,
    MadsL wrote: »
    As BoI will be saving on paper and postage, will you be reducing fees for those who use eStatements?

The introduction of eStatements will not impact on our current account fees. However, they are reviewed periodically and we'll notify customers of any changes.

Thank you all very much for posting your queries,
    Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

BOI eStatements, along with e-bills/green bills, within six months of date of issue are acceptable as proof of address. However, Money Laundering documentation varies depending on the type of account you want to open so please check with your customer advisor beforehand.

I ask because BOI yourselves(Credit Cards) told me that eStatements would not be acceptable and scoffed at the fact I had zero original bills from other companies(all ebills/statements).

Seems a little hypocritcal as my current account will now likely go digital and you will provide these digital statements but won't stand over them yourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Hi rev2.0,

The fee that applies to duplicate statements will apply if a customer orders a copy in paper format rather then using the eStatements. The charge for copy statements is €3.80 for the first page and €2.50 for every page thereafter. There is no charge for an up to date statement.

You can order up to date statements by calling your branch or at a Bank of Ireland atm machine. If you are registered for Banking 365 you can also order an up to date statement through the automated service or with an agent in Banking 365.

You can order duplicated statements by calling your branch or an agent in Banking 365 on 0818 365 365.

Thanks
    Linda

How do you justify charging customers that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi dirtyden,

Thanks for getting in touch.

There has been no change to any of our bank charges since the launch of eStatements. As Graham previously stated, our Current Account Fees and Charges are reviewed periodically.

We have forwarded on your feedback to the relevant department.

Many thanks,
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IrlJidel

Hi rev2.0,

I think the issue some of us have with eStatements is due to the fact that banks will not always accept eStatements for some types of applications.

While there is no charge for up-to-date statements, if you request them and are signed up for eStatements then you will be only sent an eStatement.

As a workaround would this work?: Unsubscribe from eStatements then request an up to date statement.

If you want to encourage eStatements but wont always stand over them yourselves why don't you digitally sign your pdfs. One would hope that banks have a good understanding of digital security best practices.

Otherwise you need to waive fees when people need to request paper statements due to other banks procedures.

hi,

If i order an statement through atm or 365 phone, will i be charged for this as i need oringinal statement for different bank and the fact i only receive the one statement per year as arranged?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi IrlJidel,

Thanks for your questions.

It is possible to unsubscribe from eStatements, request an up to date paper statement without charge and sign up for eStatements again.

I have passed your suggestion about digitally signed pdfs to the relevant department.

Many thanks

Billy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi gasher,

You won't be charged for an up-to-date statement ordered at an ATM or through Banking365. If you request a statement this way and have not yet signed up for eStatements, you'll receive a paper copy in the post in 3-5 working days, which will date back to the date of your last statement. If you've already registered for eStatements, the up-to-date statement will be sent electronically.

You can find more information on eStatements in our FAQs here.

Thanks,
    Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Feckless Rogue

Hi, while I was away on holiday I signed up for eStatements but never received the text. Now I can't restart the signup process as B365 doesn't have an option to resend the code - what should I do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Feckless Rogue,

Thanks for getting in touch.

If you enter a random seven digit code and repeat this three times, the system will automatically send you a new security code.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Feckless Rogue

It worked, thanks a lot :)

Hi Feckless Rogue,

Glad to hear it. If there is anything else we can help with, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thanks
    Linda

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭otto_26

Hi I needed to get my credit card and current account statements so i went on to my account online.. went into my credit card account clicked on statements and printed the one i wanted.

Next went to my current account clicked on statements where i was given information about estatements it said i could sign up for estatements which would automatically cancel my paper statements i thought great idea but at this moment in time i still want my paper statements

So i said i would continue to clicking into my statement and print it out, but i could only view my online statement if i opted in for estatements which i didnt want to do.. so my question is how do i check and view my current account statement online without having to opt in to estatements?

Advertisement