Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(Request) Wolfe Tone Concert Stories

Options
  • 10-08-2012 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

Hi All,

Through experience and word of mouth, I have come across the below incidents that have taken place at Wolfe Tone Concerts. If anyone has heard any other stories relevant to the Wolfe Tones or similar acts, feel free to share.

Thanks In Advance for All Responses

(FYI: A Wolfe Tone concert can start off with the audience, many in Celtic jerseys, jumping around shouting “Oh Ah, Up the Ra”. The audience can be violent with an attack first, ask questions later mentality)

• In Waterford, a guy brought a British Flag to a Wolfe Tones concert with the intention of burning it. As he started to unroll it, the rest of the audience saw it and beat the crap out of him. He ended up in intensive care in Waterford General Hospital.
    • A group of Irish people brought their Spanish friend to a Wolfe Tones concert wearing a Rangers jersey. Fortunately, considering 1 above, everyone saw he was a foreign national and got the joke.
    • I saw a guy getting a pint glass in the eye at a Wolfe Tones concert.
    • I have heard of men in balaclava’s collecting for the cause at a Wolfe Tones concert.

Comments

Advertisement